Simpson CH1 SB
ATT Colossus R1
Feather
Stirling Executive Man Shave Soap
Stirling Executive Man Post Shave Balm
Stirling Executive Man Aftershave Splash
Beautifully executed.

iqhVwaj.gif

Date: 01 November 2016 it's TABAC Tuesday!!!!!
m0126.gif
t2802.gif
m0126.gif

Brush: - Semogue SOC 2 Band Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm
Lather: - Tabac Soap
Razor: - Fatip OC with a The Stray Whisker Howitzer Handle
Blade: - Astra Superior Platinum #6
Post Shave: - T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent / Tabac Aftershave Splash / Tabac Aftershave Balm
Fragrance: - Tabac Cologne

WOW :eek: the Astra Superior Platinum is still sharp and smooth on the Fatip which still amazes me, and I wonder how far can the Astra Superior Platinum reach before it start to tugging me and thank goodness it Tuesday ;) you'll know what this means.

Beautifully executed.

Thanks TomG. I liked the pic a lot as it showed the skill in machining the ATT Colossus handle (not sure how he does it exactly) which looked really nice in that light.

fbImw16.jpg

Merkur 41C / Shark SC
Simpson Colonel X2L
TOBS Avocado
Natio Maximum ASB
Natio Maximum EDT
A final SOTD of TOBS Avocado. It served me well over the last 18 months and was one of the best performing "first lot" of creams/soaps I had purchased. For those wondering, I think Natio Maximum ASB/EDT is a good match for it (not the same scent, but a good match if you know what I mean). The 41C is mild, but it really is a sweet razor. Where this razor really shines is how nimble it can be - The slim head and short handle make it really easy to get around the upper-lip, under the nose, the side burns, etc. The Colonel is a delight to use - Its comfortable with enough backbone and density for my taste. The handle provides a great level of control and versatility for both bowl or face lathering.

Happy Shaving Everyone !!!

Last edited:
ztytlf6.jpg

Occam's Original Pre Shave Soap
Simpson Persian Jar 2
Merkur Progress
Feather
Mystic Water White Tea & Ginger Shave Soap
Chatillon Lux Fourth & Pine Salve
Reef Point Earl Grey & Ginger Aftershave Splash

20161102_SOTDSLomo_zpsbvzqfkb7.jpg

Pre-Shave: Cypriotian Olive/Argan Oil soap, cold water
Razor: Leresche 77
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Paladin TSN LE
Lather: Mystic Water Bergamot, Cedarwood & Juniper
Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

First shave with the Leresche - many thank again to @filobiblic - my thoughts in the pass-around section.

Razor: Vintage Gillette SuperSpeed
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock Indian Black (1)
Brush: Muhle Travel Synth
Soap/Cream: D R Harris Arlington Shaving Soap Stick
Aftershave: Stirling Shaving Soap Ozark Mountain Balm

The joys of checked baggage - a decent shave at my brother's in Perth this morning.

Talking about joys - met up with @TomG yesterday and hand delivered some items (pretty good service I think - picked up from my PO Box yesterday and hand delivered to Perth the same day!). Great guy with an impressive selection of knives I must say, an unexpected bonus for this trip which, like usual, has little down time.

Some impressive SOTD contributions I must say guys - top shelf!

Happy Hump Day ...

Talking about joys - met up with @TomG yesterday and hand delivered some items (pretty good service I think - picked up from my PO Box yesterday and hand delivered to Perth the same day!). Great guy with an impressive selection of knives I must say, an unexpected bonus for this trip which, like usual, has little down time.
@Mark1966 - many thanks for personally delivering the items - sensational service! It was a pleasure to meet you over a beverage and discuss common interests. Hope the remainder of your visit goes well.

Razor: Feather Artist Club DX (what else?)
Blade: Kai Guarded (10 and last)
Brush: Body Shop (my Gifts and Care box must still be lost in AusFarce...)
Soap: Palmolive Stick
ASB: Cheapo Gillette + Sorbolene (for an experiment)

I've chalked up 10 shaves with this razor! Only had minor nicks and weepers in that time - all blood was gone before the end of each shave.
Today's was another three pass shave with BBS result - and no blood at all. This is starting to get boring! Going ATG I started to feel some tugging though so that's the end of that blade for me. If I was being my previously frugal self I would have said it could easily go for a few more WTG shaves but I have now concluded that life is too short for anything other than great shaves... so it goes into the used blades part of the blade dispenser.
Palmolive stick still lathers the best - copious quantities of creamy, cushiony lather. It's just not as slick as the Shaver Heaven and it's slickness I am valuing most with this razor - to prevent skipping and maintaining very light pressure. I know why they call it an Artist Club now - it feels like you are being an artist by just touching the contours of your face at the right angle without applying any pressure. Getting easier now the muscle memory is kicking in - both right handed and ambidextrous depending on my mood. Love it!

Pre: Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Wolfwhiskers Ubersoft II
Soap: Tabula Rasa Cardamom
Razor: iKon Slant
Blade: PSI
Post: alum, witch hazel, TSW After Balm, Myrsol Plastic Shave

Lather was thick, dense and very creamy. Took me a while to learn to use it. Once I did, I'm glad I bought it. Great shave!

Status
Not open for further replies.