Shave of the Day Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre: Musgo Real Glyce
Brush: Shavemac 2 Band 24mm Custom
Soap: Phoenix & Beaux Star Noir
Razor: Electric Razor Hamburg Ring 6/8
A/S: Myrsol F/Extra

Very impressed with this new soap. The usual excellent lather from P&B and the scent is fascinating. It's like a lighter, fresher version of Aesop Marrakech. A very comfortable shave.

OhK7MjJ.jpg

La Toja Pre shave Soap
Doug Korn D7 TGN
ATT Colossus R1
Feather
Stirling Sharp Dressed Man Shave Soap
Stirling Sharp Dressed Man Aftershave Balm
Stirling Sharp Dressed Man Aftershave Splash

iqhVwaj.gif

Date: 03 November 2016

Brush: - Whipped Dog Silvertip in Resin Handle 24/48mm
Lather: - La Toja Shaving Soap Stick
Razor: - Fatip OC with a The Stray Whisker Howitzer Handle
Blade: - Astra Superior Platinum #7 :eek: still going sharp & smooth
Post Shave: - T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent / Speick Aftershave Splash
Fragrance: - Hugo Boss Intense EDT

Razor: Feather AC DX non folding
Blade: Kai Guarded (1)
Brush: Body Shop
Lather: Tim's Greek Peach
Post: Gillette cheap balm (w/alcohol) + sorbolene (10% glycerine)

11th shave with this razor. Seeing I had a fresh and very sharp blade, curiosity got the better of me and I thought I would try an ATG first pass - very flat angle, very light touch. I was expecting to regret it big time but the result really surprised me - no blood or weepers at all. But the shave felt rough - like I was scraping rather than shaving. It felt like there was a bit of irritation too at the time although now it feels fine. The main thing is that I didn't really gain anything - I still needed 3 passes anyway to get a BBS result. So not much point to this high risk strategy and it takes longer due to having to be so careful. Better off going the more comfortable route (WTG, XTG, ATG) to the same destination. Although I must say today my face feels like it did when I was 7 years old! The Tim's soap just doesn't have the slickness of Shaver Heaven though - no two ways about it. And slickness is my main priority with this razor. Impressed with the sorbolene face feel though afterwards - very soft.

a5365536c58579590b50c55dec475409.jpg

Pre: Musgo Real Lime Oil soap, Myrsol Antesol and Emulsion
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Super Badger
Soap: Henri et Victoria Fall's Lumberjack
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Vintage English Gillette Platinum
A/S: Henri et Victoria Str8 Shave

First shave with the new Henri et Victoria gear kindly dropped off by @Mark1966.
The Fall's Lumberjack soap lathered easily and performed well. It seemed to have better lubricity than the previous Henri et Victoria soap I tried earlier in the year. Some residual slickness - not as good as some others, but not bad.
The scent of this soap is a rugged, earthy and very masculine. To me, it shares some scent notes with P&B Spitfire.
Three pass shave with short clean-up for a DFS. Some neck weepers and a touch of irritation, so added Thayers Superhazel to the postshave regime. Very nice postshave feel.
The Henri et Victoria Str8 Shave aftershave is a pearler. Feels great on the bonce, and a fresh lively Barbershop scent - one of the nicest I have tried.

Last edited:
8efa6ed463f3773a11b1c99cc209423a.jpg

Brush: Omega 10066
Razor: Merkur 34c
Blade: Spoiler (2)
Soap: P&B Denali
A/S: Homemade Menthol Splash

A cold water shave for something different. Usual excellent lather from P&B but I don't think I could shave with this level of menthol daily. Just too much for me. Nice for something a bit different though.

Pre: Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: SOC
Soap: Mystic Waters Bay Rum
Razor: iKon Slant
Blade: PSI
Post: alum, witch hazel, TSW After Balm, Stirling Bay Rum splash

I Love Mystic Waters, really do! Thick creamy dense lather. Initially I wasn't too sure about Michelle's version of Bay Rum, this is because my previous two Bay rums were the DR Jon's Anne bonny which I love, and the Stirling Bay Rum (still my favourite, just preordered Mike's version. I am sure I'll love to, I don't think I disliked any of my Mike's), but after a few goes with MW Bay rum, it grew on me. It's clean and masculine, but not quite the typical Bay rum. Performance is right up there for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.