Status
Not open for further replies.
20161104_SOTDS_zpsl8eayfhw.jpg

Pre-Shave: Cypriotian Olive/Argan Oil soap, cold water
Razor: Leresche 77
Blade: Ladas (1)
Brush: Paladin Chief Purple Haze
Lather: Mike's Hungarian Lavender
Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Fantastic shave today - the thoughts on the razor are posted here - again many thanks to @filobiblic for the generous loan.

The lather was truly superb (picture here) - the brush lathers up like a champion - yet it has the silkiest and softest gel tips I have encountered so far (pictures here)

Hope you all have a great weekend ahead (y)

Is that Paladin knot or the Sabini?

Razor: Vintage Gillette L 1 (birth year) Slim Adjustable (7)
Blade: Vintage English Wilkinson Sword (4)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson AS2
Soap/Cream: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars Shaving Soap
Aftershave: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars Aftershave Splash

Oh so sublime!

The scent of the soap just teases you, preparing you for what is to come, joyous yet fleeting.

The splash hits with a real faceful of scent on application, almost overpowering, and then calms down to a long, lingering warm embrace.

[contended sigh]

GAnvqAv.jpg

La Toja Pre
Chubby 1 SB
Progress
Feather
Stone Cottage Soapworks Fougère Cream
Chatillon Lux TSM Fougère Salve
Chatillon Lux TSM Fougère Aftershave

Nice and relaxed for a Saturday, enjoy your shaves Gentlemen :)

Pre: Proraso Green Pre/Post
Razor: Gillette open comb
Blade: Polsilver SI (1)
Soap: Shaver Heaven Arctic Mango
Brush: Omega Boar

The Polsilver doesn't match up with the Gillette razor as well as the X3, but still a nice shave nonetheless!

Razor: Vintage Gillette SuperSpeed
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock Indian Black (2/3)
Brush: Muhle Travel Synth
Soap/Cream: D R Harris Arlington Shaving Soap Stick
Aftershave: Stirling Shaving Soap Ozark Mountain Balm

Decent travelling shaves - but looking forward to being home now and trying the new splash I picked up before leaving tomorrow morning!

The trip was great though - after a great homemade dinner and fine wine the previous night we had a fine dinner in Perth last night, after my first experience at Sneaky Tony's - Rum! I think I could enjoy something new - your suggestions?

Sneaky Tony's @Mark1966 - you are well-informed!

What's the Fougere like mate? Anything you can compare to?

Manuel's Tallow is his best soap formula yet - it's got everything in spades!

The Fougère scent is in the classic French style with florals (lavender). Smells like it has a touch of herb (basil? Mint?) -but nothing overpowering or dominant (unlike the herbaceous LPL). Absolutely refreshing.
I love a scent that is blended so you have to focus to detect the individual notes (rather than have a single dominant note). I find that Manuel does a remarkable job with his scents.

I can't compare it to anything else as I haven't smelt anything like it I'm sorry. It's not "musky" like Martin de Candre Fougère, nor herbaceous like LPL Traditional. It doesn't have the sweetness like the Old Spice. *Perhaps* a "Cologne-like Fougère?!?(whatever that means! [emoji23])

@filobiblic did you have an automatic camera attached to your head while you're hold the brush and razor at the same time :p:D:cool:

Trick photography. [emoji14]

iqhVwaj.gif

Date: 05 November 2016

Brush: - Whipped Dog Silvertip in Resin Handle 24/48mm
Lather: - The Body Shop Maca Root Shave Cream
Razor: - Phoenix Symmetry Open Comb
Blade: - German Wilkinson Sword #1
Post Shave: - T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent / Nivea Original Aftershave Splash & Post Shave Balm
Fragrance: - Acqua Di Gio EDT

f3a63ed5a92ffde2f21908229628e8dc.jpg

Pre: La Toja soap, Myrsol Antesol and Emulsion
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Super Badger
Soap: Mike's Lime
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Vintage English Gillette Platinum (3)
EDT: Caron Yatagan

Lovely lather from Mike's - and the fresh zingy lime scent suited the scorching Spring day here in Perth (37C). The soap has loads of residual slickness, allowing for clean-up strokes without the need to re-apply lather.
The vintage Gillette blade is smooth and deceptively sharp - up there with a Feather. I think I need an slightly lighter touch - still some weepers and a touch of irritation on the neck.
Super close three pass BBS shave, and nice post shave face feel.
Finished with a classic vintage fragrance from the '70s - Caron Yatagan. One of the most polarising fragrances ever produced - many love, many hate. I am in the former camp - it is unique, complex, masculine, and bold without any brashness.

Pre: Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Shavemac 177
Soap: Mike's Hungarian Lavender
Razor: iKon Slant
Blade: PSI
Post: alum, witch hazel, TSW After Balm, Myrsol Agua Balsamica

Lather from Mike's natural soap is just amazing. When you have a great lather to start with, you will end up with a damn great shave. This slant is amazing, I am so glad I got it.

Razor: EJ DE86 with TSW Bren handle
Blade: Rapira Swedish Supersteel (4)
Brush: EJ Best Badger
Soap: SH Fig & Brown Sugar
After: Alum and TSW After Balm

Shave #4 with the Rapira Swede and still delivering a pretty fine shave, but this is as far as I'd take it in this razor. Just reaching the point of diminishing returns, and while it might have one or even two shaves left in it, I don't like to work that hard for a shave.

I'd like to give it a run in the Standard razor to see how it goes there.

Status
Not open for further replies.