Hot shower/Clinique Face Soap
Razor: Gillette Slim
Blade: Voskhod (3rd use)
Brush: Semogue 610
Soap/Cream: Palmolive Shave Stick
AS: T.N. Dickinson’s Witch Hazel/Williams Aqua Velva
Balm: SH Barber Shop
Fragrance: Tabac EDT

Razor: Vintage Gillette L 1 (birth year) Slim Adjustable (7)
Blade: Vintage English Wilkinson Sword (5)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson reknotted in pure
Soap/Cream: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars Shaving Soap
Aftershave: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars Aftershave Splash

qH56pSz.jpg

Occam's Crushed Lime Pre Shave Soap
Doug Korn D7 TGN Finest
Merkur Progress 3.5
Feather
Mystic Water - Coconut Lime Verbena
Geo F Trumper - West Indian Lime Skin Food
APR - Sandalwood, Lime, Verbena Splash

A cracking shave today with the Mystic Waters lathering superbly, the Lime Verbena scent is done just right in the soap and provides a clean, vital scent in the bathroom. The more I use her soaps the more I respect what she does with them. My usual 2 passes, a nice fresh rinse then on with some Trumpers Lime Skin Food.

A new scent today and one of my own, I have been drafting various scents to compliment the Soaps where there is no splash or aftershave as I often want to take a bit of the shave scent with me. I ran a couple of formulas of Sandalwood, Lime and Verbena and the one I used today turned out to be just right. The Sandalwood is barely a note, existing only so that the Lime and Verbena shines. The last formula of this experimentation is the one I am going to run with, it pairs so well with this soap and hits all the right notes. It's a very simple formula, it's very clean and very citrus without cloying. I'm quite pleased.

Have great shaves Gentlemen and enjoy what you do :)

20161106_SOTDSVig_zps5c1lxcyt.jpg

Pre-Shave: Cypriotian Olive/Argan Oil soap, cold water
Razor: Leresche 77
Blade: Ladas (2)
Brush: Paladin Chief Purple Haze
Lather: Mystic Water Lime
Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Great Sunday shave with the Leresche today - again many thanks to @filobiblic for this generous pass-around. My last review can be read here - the razor is cleaned up and ready to be passed on.

Sensational drippy lather as well (picture here) - it was flying around everywhere - ready for the Adelaide meet-up (y)

20161106_SOTDSVig_zps5c1lxcyt.jpg

Pre-Shave: Cypriotian Olive/Argan Oil soap, cold water
Razor: Leresche 77
Blade: Ladas (2)
Brush: Paladin Chief Purple Haze
Lather: Mystic Water Lime
Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Great Sunday shave with the Leresche today - again many thanks to @filobiblic for this generous pass-around. My last review can be read here - the razor is cleaned up and ready to be passed on.

Sensational drippy lather as well (picture here) - it was flying around everywhere - ready for the Adelaide meet-up (y)

What is it we were discussing via email only an hour or two ago, where you discounted the idea you were a Über 'A' list Euro wet-shave crowd type :D

Beautiful shot again, the lens flare effected by the photons impacting on the (most likely) Polyoxymethylene of that Paladin exclusive makes the picture, the incredibly rare Leresche 77 effortlessly placed in shot further evidences my argument that you reside amongst the top tier of the wet-shaving world ;)

What is it we were discussing via email only an hour or two ago, where you discounted the idea you were a Über 'A' list Euro wet-shave crowd type :D

Beautiful shot again, the lens flare effected by the photons impacting on the (most likely) Polyoxymethylene of that Paladin exclusive makes the picture, the incredibly rare Leresche 77 effortlessly placed in shot further evidences my argument that you reside amongst the top tier of the wet-shaving world ;)
You are much too kind my friend - I think there is more luck than actual ability in this shot...

Pre: Proraso Green Pre/Post
Razor: Rockwell 6S with iKon OSS Handle (3)
Blade: Polsilver SI (2)
Soap: Shaver Heaven Arctic Mango
Brush: Omega Boar
Post: Alum, Emu Oil, T.N.Dickinson's Witch Hazel with 2mL of Glycerin

The Rockwell feels much nicer to these beginners hands with the iKon handle.
However, I think the OSS handle is too long to be comfortable personally.
The Polsilver and Rockwell were much more suited to one another.
I actually had a moment tonight which I haven't had since beginning wetshaving earlier this year.
I made a pass against the grain, with nearly no discomfort at all.
A terrific shave for a Sunday night and one very happy camper! (y)

A superb 2 pass straight razor shave with my Russian blade I cannot pronounce.
Another example of why a boar brush is so superior :) no effort at all to make great lather with my newest soap.
Finished with Macadamia nut oil/Lemon myrtle.
It is staggering how good the shave is from a straight razor. It takes longer, it is not for everyone but oh the shave. If only I had started with one when I was but a lad.

Pre: Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Wolfwhiskers Envy White Supreme
Soap: Martin de Candre
Razor: ATT S1
Blade: GSB
Post: alum, witch hazel, TSW After Balm, B&M Beaudelaire splash

Lather was pretty good, but it sure dries the skin out a little. The Gillette Silver Blues are a little rough today, not as smooth as the Polsilvers I'm so used to. Got a damn close shave though.

Razor: Vintage Gillette L 1 (birth year) Slim Adjustable (7)
Blade: Vintage English Wilkinson Sword (6)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream: Henri et Victoria Terri d'Henri Shaving Soap
Aftershave: Henri et Victoria Terri d'Henri Aftershave Balm

Good lather from the Terri d'Henri with a lovely, gentle scent. The balm was soothing and kind. All up a lovely start to the week.

GZX89nB.jpg

Occam's Crushed Lime Pre Shave
Occam's 24mm SB
Merkur Progress - 3.5
Feather
Mystic Water Pompelmo & Fiori
Chatillon Lux Vide Poche Salve
Chatillon Lux Vide Poche Aftershave Splash

A great start to the week of shaving with Mystic Waters samples recently received. My plan is to formulate a range of aftershaves and balms based on the samples I have received as I have now made splashes for the other 3 Mystic soaps I have. I could think of no better way to go about working out the scents than to enjoy a full working week of using the samples themselves. Many of these are the 'old formula' Mystic Waters which suits me fine as I never had any issues whatsoever generating superb lathers with Michell's soaps. A wonderful grapefruit and lily scent today, notes have been made and formulations will start this weekend on a splash and balm to match the soap.

My usual two passes, a thorough clean-off with nice cold water then a generous application of Vide Poche Balm and Splash. Life is indeed good.

Enjoy your shaves Gentlemen :)

Nice! Good to see I'm not the only Feather user around here! I've had great results with the guarded blade but will be trying a Pro Super when it gets here...
Thanks @RazorPlay - Ive been reading your posts and wanted to give it a try - seems like a good "gateway" to straights without the hassle...I know ...I know...its nothing like a real straight :cautious:
I have the Mongoose which uses the Artist Club blades - I just thought the Guard blade looked uncomfortable! The Pro Supers are pretty good though.

GZX89nB.jpg

Occam's Crushed Lime Pre Shave
Occam's 24mm SB
Merkur Progress - 3.5
Feather
Mystic Water Pompelmo & Fiori
Chatillon Lux Vide Poche Salve
Chatillon Lux Vide Poche Aftershave Splash

A great start to the week of shaving with Mystic Waters samples recently received. My plan is to formulate a range of aftershaves and balms based on the samples I have received as I have now made splashes for the other 3 Mystic soaps I have. I could think of no better way to go about working out the scents than to enjoy a full working week of using the samples themselves. Many of these are the 'old formula' Mystic Waters which suits me fine as I never had any issues whatsoever generating superb lathers with Michell's soaps. A wonderful grapefruit and lily scent today, notes have been made and formulations will start this weekend on a splash and balm to match the soap.

My usual two passes, a thorough clean-off with nice cold water then a generous application of Vide Poche Balm and Splash. Life is indeed good.

Enjoy your shaves Gentlemen :)

Where do I sign up ;) the only reason I don't have any mw soaps is the lack of matching scents.

1cf704a95c92a96390e9162850b9c418.jpg

Haven't used a Big Ben blade in a long time, and don't want to jinx it, but awesome shave! Not as sharp as Permasharp (feather 5/5, Permasharp 4.5/5), these would be a solid 4/5. Smooth, very very smooth.

sotd-2016-11-06.jpg

I'm back! :) This is my SOTLTW (Shave of the day for the last two weeks).

Pre-Shave: Shower if possible. Washing face if shover was not possible :)
Razor: Edwin Jagger Kelvin with Mühle guard
Blade: Polsilver SI (loaded an empty box with Polsilver)
Brush: Omega 50068 Bambino Travel Boar Brush
Soap/Cream: Through the Fire Fine Craft - Spring Fern and The Shaving Shop - Acqua di Florida
ASB: The Stray Whisker After Balm
Post-Routine: hot/cold rinse, balm

For the last two weeks this was my SOTD while I was traveling and camping in Western Australia. It was a bit of a challenge I'd say. Difficult to get enough hot water. Lucky water was soft most of the time so I didn't have any issues lathering. Rotated two soaps. Tallow one performed much better in this case. Usually I scooped a bit of soap, spread it on the bowl walls inside and then used brush to lather. To my surprise this little Omega brush did a great job and hold enough lather for three passes. Had to combine bowl lathering with face one. Started with bowl for the first pass and then continued on the face. Everything, except one soap and balm, fit nicely into an empty TOBS cream container I was using as the bowl as well. So everything was light and compact.

sotd-2016-11-07.jpg

And finally SOTD. Back to routine :)

Pre-Shave: Shower
Razor: Merkur Heavy Classic 34С
Blade: Polsilver SI
Brush: The Stray Whisker 452/28
Soap/Cream: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements - Honeysuckle
A/S: Nivea Men Original After Shave Splash (not on a photo)
ASB: The Stray Whisker After Balm
Post-Routine: hot rinse, alum, cold rinse, splash, dry skin, balm

PAA Honeysuckle performance is awesome and I love the smell. I guess that is the very latest high butter formulation. It pairs very well with Nivea Original aftershave in terms of scent. Great shave this morning.

Where do I sign up ;) the only reason I don't have any mw soaps is the lack of matching scents.

1cf704a95c92a96390e9162850b9c418.jpg

Haven't used a Big Ben blade in a long time, and don't want to jinx it, but awesome shave! Not as sharp as Permasharp (feather 5/5, Permasharp 4.5/5), these would be a solid 4/5. Smooth, very very smooth.

I hear you man. I got a little sick of Mystic (and a number of other soaps) not having any matching splashes or balms so I am going to do all the scents I am able - which is most of them. I am also doing a few Stirling (1 is already done - more on that later) that people can't get here. I am building up my stocks of the splashes (they take a time to prepare and mature) then I will send out samples. If people like them I may even sell a few small tubs and bottles of the balm and splash (only to cover the cost of the EO's, alcohol, packaging etc). The ones I have done so far smell almost identical to Mystic's range mainly due to her scents not being overly complex.

I will be sending you a few things in this regard in the next week or 2 btw :)

Status
Not open for further replies.