Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre: Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac Custom
Soap: Eufros Jabonman Vetiver Haiti
Razor: iKon X3
Blade: PSI
Post: alum, Stirling Vetiver witch hazel, Eufros Jabonman Vetiver Haiti

Is Jabonman, is good. Fantastic lather and the Vetiver scent is just out of this world!!!!!!

Achieved a smooth and comfortable shave today. Very happy man.

Razor: Vintage Gillette L1 Slim Adjustable (7)
Blade: Derby Premium (3)
Brush: Wolf Whiskers Brush with Envy White 24mm knot set at 50mm
Soap/Cream: Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars Shaving Soap
Aftershave: Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars Splash

Smells great and feels fine but a rough shave again today. Technique? Blade? Will stick with a tried and tested standard for the rest of the week and focus on getting a good read on these blades.

Razor: Vintage Gillette L1 Slim Adjustable (7)
Blade: Derby Premium (3)
Soap/Cream: Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars Shaving Soap
Aftershave: Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars Splash

Smells great and feels fine but a rough shave again today. Technique? Blade? Will stick with a tried and tested standard for the rest of the week and focus on getting a good read on these blades.
That soap is still, for me, the best scent I've ever tried. And with the splash too.

I1wW38h.jpg

Occam's Crushed Lime
Simpson CH1 SB
ATT Colossus R1
Feather
Stirling Executive Man Shave Soap
Stirling Smart Executive Man Aftershave Balm
Stirling Smart Executive Man Aftershave Splash

With all the talk of Stirling recently I thought I would break out the Executive Man for a day, always a straightforward reasonable lather with Stirling, it's one that is almost impossible to get wrong. Nice cushion and glide, there are better out there but it is a solid performer. A great scent from the Executive man that really lends itself to warmer weather.

Enjoy your shaves Gentlemen! :)

That soap is still, for me, the best scent I've ever tried. And with the splash too.

Yep - have to agree there I think

727c86f76e3e830747aee3879c4bc87f.jpg

Brush: Chubby 2 Best
Strop: Kamayama #30k
Blade: Kirkuboshi 6/8 Full
Soap: Shaver Heaven - Citrus Garden

Wow... just wow. I have had this razor NOS, in its box for a while now. I couldn't bring myself to open the box and hone it until yesterday. The trial razor from Wallis Knives went back so I was after something new.

A bevel set (geometry was not even from the factory!) and finishing on a JNat was last night.

The edge was amazing. Super sharp, super smooth. Effortlessly ran around my face for a magnificent shave. BBS except for the usual difficult spot or two. 10/10!

20161116_SOTD_S_Sepia_zpsokbjinr1.jpg

Pre-Shave: Cypriotian Olive/Argan Oil soap, cold water
Razor: Weber PH UFO Titan
Blade: Derby Premium (1)
Brush: Paladin Chief Purple Haze
Lather: Mike's Lemongrass & Eucalyptus
Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Not sure about the Derby blade - it was a bit of a rough shave - in spite the heavenly Mike's lather (picture here) - I hope you all have a great day (y)

Pre: Shower
Razor: Feather AC DX non folding
Blade: Kai Guarded (10)
Soap: Palmolive stick
Brush: Body Shop
ASB: Bulldog Original

Quick 3 pass DFS shave - the shave went fine (1 small weeper right at the end) but the result wasn't BBS as it normally would be. Could be my ATG technique or could be the blade getting a bit dull. Will give the blade one more chance perhaps... no pulling but it does require a tad more effort.

I1wW38h.jpg

Occam's Crushed Lime
Simpson CH1 SB
ATT Colossus R1
Feather
Stirling Executive Man Shave Soap
Stirling Smart Executive Man Aftershave Balm
Stirling Smart Executive Man Aftershave Splash

With all the talk of Stirling recently I thought I would break out the Executive Man for a day, always a straightforward reasonable lather with Stirling, it's one that is almost impossible to get wrong. Nice cushion and glide, there are better out there but it is a solid performer. A great scent from the Executive man that really lends itself to warmer weather.

Enjoy your shaves Gentlemen! :)

Cool photo, @todras - My phone camera has limited depth-of-field options, hence I appreciate this one. Maybe I should stop being a slacker and pull out my decent camera.

727c86f76e3e830747aee3879c4bc87f.jpg

Brush: Chubby 2 Best
Strop: Kamayama #30k
Blade: Kirkuboshi 6/8 Full
Soap: Shaver Heaven - Citrus Garden

Wow... just wow. I have had this razor NOS, in its box for a while now. I couldn't bring myself to open the box and hone it until yesterday. The trial razor from Wallis Knives went back so I was after something new.

A bevel set (geometry was not even from the factory!) and finishing on a JNat was last night.

The edge was amazing. Super sharp, super smooth. Effortlessly ran around my face for a magnificent shave. BBS except for the usual difficult spot or two. 10/10!
Suitably celebrated with a great photo, @Sxot.

f536699da4b3f959032dd3db99d7045a.jpg

Brush: Thater 4125/1
Razor: Weber
Blade: English Wilky
Soap: Erasmic Stick
A/S: Real Shaving Balm

Been a long time since I've used an Erasmic stick. Lather has the lifespan of a Hollywood marriage but milled down into a bowl and some glycerin added it has an awesome post shave feel. Almost as good as MWF.

Razor: Vintage Gillette British NEW head on TSW Bren Handle
Blade: Derby Premium (1)
Soap/Cream: Mike's Natural Shaving Soap - Barbershop
Aftershave: Myrsol Plastic Shave

I wanted a good shave because of some meetings today - so broke out a new Derby. I will try a fourth shave with the old blade but not today.

Mike's soap gave the usual great result and the outcome was a great shave all-round. Nice finish with the Plastic Shave.

...Lather has the lifespan of a Hollywood marriage ...

Great line!

I wanted a good shave because of some meetings today - so broke out a new Derby. I will try a fourth shave with the old blade but not today.

I was up to the 5th shave yesterday, but 4th was rather rough so I went one of the vintage to try (will have to post a pic for id :) ). I wasn't sure if it was because I have rather coarse hair that the longevity was rather low on the derby...

3g7eGDz.jpg

Occams Crushed Lime Pre
Doug Korn D7 TGN
ATT Colossus R1
Feather
Mystic Water Coconut,Lime,Verbena
aPR- Sandalwood, Lime, Verbena Aftershave Balm
aPR- Sandalwood, Lime, Verbena Aftershave Splash

Just couldn't resist this combo with things getting warmer and more humid in Sydney, another chance to use Mystic too. Wonderful shave this morning, the balm and splash having just the right amount of Mysore Sandalwood to ensure that the lime and Verbena endures.

Have a great Thursday Gentlemen and enjoy your shaves :)

Status
Not open for further replies.