lT85W7C.jpg

Occam's Crushed Lime Pre
Morris & Forndran 3XL 30mm
Above the Tie Colossus R1
Feather
Barrister & Mann Beaudelaire
Barrister & Mann Beaudelaire Aftershave
Australian Private Reserve Alfredus Choice EDP

A cold blast and a deep, dirty, mongrel Fougère. A very pleasing two passes.

6.00PM AEST on May 20th :)

30 minutes ahead of you ;)

I seriously doubt that...

He had the last APR soaps paid in full under 1 second after the stock went live on the website...I'm not joking either, never seen anything like it.

He has some uber 'A' list auto-populate form elite brush and razor plug-in running Im betting. the kind of Chrome plugin that gets traded on large European A list shave forums or some such...

6.00PM AEST on May 20th :)

Which will be 5:30PM ACST on May 20th for our friend @alfredus, so ...

I seriously doubt that...

He had the last APR soaps paid in full under 1 second after the stock went live on the website...

He will be 30 minutes and a little under 1 second behind you. I thought 30 minutes was close enough ;)

He will be 30 minutes and a little under 1 second behind you. I thought 30 minutes was close enough

In his game, there is no close enough. It's down to the ms with these guys...they buy faster than gaming monitor render time.

25cf104c6e.png

Pre:
Tropical sweat
Razor: PAA Prismatic
Blade: Shark (2)
Brush: Muhle Silvertip Synthetic
Soap/Cream: Crown King The Kiss (sampler)
AS: Cold water
Balm: Tropical sweat
Fragrance: Fahrenheit by Christian Dior

So first time DE shaving in tropical heat and it makes a big difference to the shave and technique. No pre shave really required as my face had plenty of surface oils and moisture.
Due to wonderful post shave of crown king no balms required with the added humidity. Traveling light with small kit so was reduced to hand lathering first before moving to face.

Full_Size_Render.jpg

• Soap: CRSW Barbershop
  • Brush: Paladin Falstaff 26mm
  • Strop: Kanayama
  • Razor: Friodur 250 6/8"
  • Post-Shave: Alum, Floid
Not to speak too soon, but I'm finally getting shaves that are as close or closer than a DE with my straights. It only took about 100 shaves. Wow, who knew? (oh yes, everyone).

3 months? Not a bad effort. I would say, personally, that it took about 9 months of daily shaves to get consistent, irritation free, two pass near BBS shaves with a straight. I could do it in three passes months earlier but not always irritation free, not consistently and no chance in two passes. It was at the point when I realised this that I figured I had finally left the "novice" stage of SR shaving.

Last edited:
E7fPKAT.jpg

Pre: Shower
Razor: OC Tech travel (?)
Blade: Ladas (1)
Brush: The Joker (T's Turning Handle, New Forest Badger Knot)
Soap: APR Aqua Di Sydney

Went for something a little different today. I dug right to the bottom of the drawer and brought out my travel tech, or what ever it's called. It's also getting cold here so I wanted to remind myself of summer - enter the most enjoyable marine scent AdS. Paired with a Ladas blade & some APR this little razor gave a very close and comfortable shave. Two pass, BBS-, Irriation free. Very enjoyable.

As it happens, a box from @todras arrived with, amongst other things my EDP order sample so several hours later I was very glad to add AdS EDP to the shave. I cannot remember if this was an LE or not... regardless, you would make me very happy if it was released next summer. Thoroughly enjoyable.

For those so interested, a picture of the razor and it's travel case;
KQM68dk.jpg

Razor: Gillette Tech
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless (4)
Brush: Maggard 22mm Synth
Soap: Stirling Gentleman

Continuing my blade exploration I am on the fourth shave of the feathers. Reading other people's experience of feathers not lasting long resulted in me perceiving this shave to be worse than the previous one. Thinking back to it, however, I don't know that it was that much worse. Either way the blade has been binned and I'll be back to my regular (Astra SP) tomorrow.

3 months? Not a bad effort. I would say, personally, that it took about 9 months of daily shaves to get consistent, irritation free, two pass near BBS shaves with a straight. I could do it in three passes months earlier but not always irritation free, not consistently and no chance in two passes. It was at the point when I realised this that I figured I had finally left the "novice" stage of SR shaving.
To be fair, 100 shaves is about 6 months for me. Using a straight I have nothing to shave if I go back daily.

vXuNyn6.jpg

27th of April, 2017

Razorock Stealth Slant
Personna Lab Blue
Doug Korn Envy White
Australian Private Reserve "Bay City"

I had the privilege of trying the Bay City today ahead of it's May 20 release. I am a big Bay Rum fan and therefore looked forward to receiving the soap with much anticipation. Scent wise this is an exceptionally outstanding variation on the traditional bay rum scent. As others have said none of the rum or clove that are generally dominant in bay rum instead this starts of as a lovely refreshing sweet fruity scent with the warmer spicier scents coming in as the scent develops. Lather wise there is nothing more to be said except that APS is one of only 5 or 6 brands that are mainstays in my den (denno, billabong, shave shed, bathroom, etc.).

This was also my first chance to try out the newer APR splash formula. Although I liked the previous formula I had voiced on a number of occasions that I found it to be a little oily for my skin. This formula is completely different for me however and simply provided a wonderfully fresh feel and the scent stayed with me for hours after. @todras you have simply outdone yourself here my friend, brilliant work and please keep doing what you are doing.

Very much looking forward to the "Fougere Bourbon Rose" tomorrow and also the imminent release date. @todras where do I pre-order?

Very much looking forward to the "Fougere Bourbon Rose" tomorrow and also the imminent release date. @todras where do I pre-order?

Where do you pre-order? Anywhere behind me ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.