Shave of the Day Thread - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Razor: Rockwell 6S #5
Blade: Permasharp (2)
Brush: Platypus 26mm Bulb
Soap: Razor Master Aquatic
Aftershave Splash: B&M Reserve Cool

Fantastic shave with the Rockwell 6S... Funnily enough I said to @Tony Forsyth this morning that the Timeless, even though we don't get along, has given me the closest shaves of any DE. Well the shave tonight just easily matched it, while being a million times more comfortable. The Soap and aftershave were brilliant, and I've put up a review in the Travel Box thread. Will aim to do the timeless vs ATT vs Rockwell this weekend after a couple more uses of the Timeless (just to give it every opportunity).

9UVdJS.jpg

Pre-Shave: Shower
Razor: ATT R1 Kronos
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Vintage blade (3)
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 2 Manchurian Faux Italian Marble
Lather: Barrister & Mann First Snow
Post-shave: L&L Grooming After The Rain Alcohol Free Mentholated Splash, L'Occitane Cade After Shave Balm.

It's just stopped raining, so After The Rain seemed fitting and I felt like menthol.
My second time shaving 2 days in a row, yesterdays was shocking but I put it solidly down to user error. Tonights was much better.

Last edited:
How do you like the ATT M2 mate? I'm obsessed with mine now!

Hi Spence. Love my M2 plate. With a sharp blade, I can get to DFS in two passes. I really like the way that the open comb head self-cleans, which means less rinsing during the shave.
Suits me really well. I am seriously contemplating a crack at either the S1 or S2 head.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Spence. Love my M2 plate. With a sharp blade, I can get to DFS in two passes. I really like the way that the open comb head self-cleans, which means less rinsing during the shave.
Suits me really well. I am seriously contemplating a crack at either the S1 or S2 head.
That's next up on my list [emoji23] they're spot on razors

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice shave @Normie - how did you find the Mikes coconut ? I was looking at this on a US supplier site just yesterday...

The Mike's takes a lot of water. If you want a quick shave this is probably not the soap for you.
If you are prepared to invest the time into the lather, you will be rewarded!
The scent is pleasant and inoffensive, and if worked correctly the lather is amazing.;)

• Soap: L&L Grooming Cuir et Epice
  • Brush: Shavemac Americana D01 24mm Bulb
  • Strop: SRD Latigo
  • Razor:Boker King Cutter 5/8"
  • Post-Shave: Myrsol Plastic Shave
I've been chasing BBS recently so the theme of today's shave was nice and gentle. The L&L gave a super slick lather - I really do think it gives possibly the finest post shave feel of all the soaps I've tried.

9UVdJS.jpg

Pre-Shave: Shower
Razor: ATT R1 Kronos
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Vintage blade (3)
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 2 Manchurian Faux Italian Marble
Lather: Barrister & Mann First Snow
Post-shave: L&L Grooming After The Rain Alcohol Free Mentholated Splash, L'Occitane Cade After Shave Balm.

It's just stopped raining, so After The Rain seemed fitting and I felt like menthol.
My second time shaving 2 days in a row, yesterdays was shocking but I put it solidly down to user error. Tonights was much better.
I love love love the B&M First Snow.

Pre-shave: Shower
Razor: Rockwell 6S (4,4,2)
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (1)
Brush: Duke 3 Best Bager
Soap/Cream: OSP Bay Rum
Post-Shave: Witch hazel, Captain's Choice Cat O' Nine Tails, TSW After Balm

Wonderful, unrushed 3 pass shave.
First go with the OSP Bay Rum and couldn't be happier. A fantastic lather with great cushion and glide and a long lasting scent with none of the tallow smell that I get from the OSP Barbershop soap.

• Soap: L&L Grooming Cuir et Epice
  • Brush: Shavemac Americana D01 24mm Bulb
  • Strop: SRD Latigo
  • Razor:Boker King Cutter 5/8"
  • Post-Shave: Myrsol Plastic Shave
I've been chasing BBS recently so the theme of today's shave was nice and gentle. The L&L gave a super slick lather - I really do think it gives possibly the finest post shave feel of all the soaps I've tried.
That Bison tallow is something else isn't it!

Photo%2025-4-17%2023%2006%2039_zpsew3dukr6.jpg

Pre:
Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue SOC Boar
Soap: Mikes Hungarian Lavender
Razor: ATT Kronos M2
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Silver (5)
Splash: Pitralon Classic

Another great shave. Mikes soaps are pretty much as slick as they come, provided you take a little time to adequately hydrate the lather.
The Hungarian Lavender scent was my favourite lavender-scented soap, until recently when @todras sent me a sample of his fantastic lavender test soap.
The Pitralon classic provided a nice pairing.

Status
Not open for further replies.