E7W7z91.jpg

Va Pensiero

Full_Size_Render.jpg

Brush: Shavemac Americana D01
Soap: Stirling Ozark Mountain
Razor: Gotta 120 5/8"
Strop: Kanayama
Post-shave: Barrister and Mann Cool Reserve A/S Splash

The Gotta is a newish (to me) razor and it has taken a wicked edge - it truly felt like I was just wiping lather off of my face. A lovely autumnal shave.
Ozark Mountain and Cool Reserve - what a combo, Smithy! (y)

Sunday, May 21
Brush: Omega Synthetic Hi-Brush
Soap: Proraso Green
Razor: Rockwell 6S
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Lotion: Omega Alum Stick / Mennen Skin Bracer / Nivea Post Shave Balm

'Tis the rainy season here in Indiana and summer is fast approaching. Today's shave was with the Rockwell 6S, using the 4 plate and flipping it to its 2 side for a brush up. There are but marginal differences between the 6 plates of the 6S, and all-in-all it is a mild razor.

The tub of Proraso Green soap endures. It was the very dead of an Indiana winter when I began with it, and only recently has a green spot begun to appear on the bottom of its tub. As this circular spot became ever larger, it became more and more difficult to effectively load the brush. So, I placed the tub in the microwave. I gave it a five-second blast to observe the effect. It melted the topside of the soap just a bit. Next, I gave it two 10-second jolts, and the result was a milk-like goo. But, as was the hope, this was level in the tub. I next placed the tub in the freezer for a spell (not really necessary), and it returned to its original state. It is good for several more months of shaving, I'd say.

A note of caution: Try this approach only with a glycerin based soap lest the soap turn to charcoal with the possibility of a conflagration erupting inside the microwave (or so I have been advised).

Razor: Vintage British Aristocrat #15
Blade: Vintage Schick Super Platinum (3)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson 'The Duke'
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve 'Fougère Bourbon Rose' soap
Aftershave Splash: Australian Private Reserve 'Fougère Bourbon Rose' splash
Aftershave Balm: Australian Private Reserve 'Fougère Bourbon Rose' balm

The finishing of my Squadron Soap GCB yesterday meant today was a fresh start, what to choose? Great opportunity to try my new APR winter purchase.

The scent on the soap was intoxicating, the splash and balm take it further, first impression for me is that this is another incredible creation from @todras.

Just stunning scent and top class performance!

7MBRlRh.jpg

Musgo Glyce
Doug Korn D7
Above the Tie Colossus R1
Feather
Barrister & Mann Nightmusic
Barrister & Mann Nightmusic Aftershave
Barrister & Mann Nightmusic EDT

Musk & Iris, 2 passes, Very Enjoyable :)

Razor: aristocrat #15
Blade:nacet (7)
Soap: MWF
Brush: whipped dog silver tip.
Another beautiful shave, I think I still have to give the post shave feel to MWF over squadron but that said I have much more experience with MWF so we shal see

Great pic! Now that sotd would of won the weekly banner yesterday (y)

@Snooze Coles slant looks stunning. Glad I saw it in the flesh last saturday at the meetup.

Good reason to go to meetups, great advice, ask as many questions as you like, smell new & old soaps and handle beautiful razors like Snoozes and Alfredus(es)!! :)
Thank you very much - we might find out next week, but I suspect, that the banner contest can only be won, if you use soley products from that community in the shot...

Pre shave soap / wash
Feather AC DX kami with Kai guarded blade (9)
DRH Eucalyptus cream
Omega 80266
Re-lather and cold rinse

After a lather experience yesterday with Scottish Fine Soaps that I didn't want to talk about (I can't help but try to check whether my memory was correct!), this was a return to good shaving. With all the talk about DRH, I pulled mine out and it didn't disappoint, even if it's not an obvious winter choice. As I cycle 20km each way to work most days and sweat like a pig, I don't have to worry about skin drying, and the euc/menth blend is a nice wake up for an early morning. There is a relatively small moisture window with this soap and what it may not have in slickness it makes up for in cushion and density. 3 pass BBS - and my experience tallies with that of others that the banded Omega boars shed more hairs than the others, most likely due to their banding treatment, which also makes them softer. Still below one hair per week on average but I got a few today. Still an amazing brush for its size...

7MBRlRh.jpg

Musgo Glyce
Doug Korn D7
Above the Tie Colossus R1
Feather
Barrister & Mann Nightmusic
Barrister & Mann Nightmusic Aftershave
Barrister & Mann Nightmusic EDT

Musk & Iris, 2 passes, Very Enjoyable :)
Would you suggest the scent of Night Music is safe for work? Or is it better left to social outings?
(I haven't tried it yet)

PfGeDaM.jpg

Pre: Shower
Brush: M&F 2XL Moon Java Finest
Soap: B&M First Snow
Razor: PN No4 "ELDYENNE"

Really enjoyed the slight chill of the soap. Then splashed on the splash and WOAH, I didn't expect that much chill! Now I am wondering if I added menthol to it or not...

Would you suggest the scent of Night Music is safe for work? Or is it better left to social outings?
(I haven't tried it yet)

That would depend on what you do for work of course...

Seriously though, it's just an accord of some very nice musk's and vanilla, a little iris and a hint of strawberry. Most agreeable and not particularly bright, it is not to everyone's taste which is how I came by my set.

iqhVwaj.gif

Date: 23 May 2017

Brush: - Platypus P&C LE 2017 24mm Fan Manchurian White
Cream/Soap: - Wholly Kaw - Fougere Bouquet Special Edition
Razor: - Colonial Razors "The General Alum. Head" SE with iKon Bulldog Handle
Blade: - Kai Captain Titan Mild (Pink) #21

This morning's shave...

Brush: Paladin Tigris 26mm
Soap: P&B Sanskrit
Razor: General SE
Blade: Feather professional (1) courtesy of @Benjamin

The feathers certainly hit the spot compared to the Kai Pinks for me. Much smoother result, with zero nicks or irritation. Certainly have to agree with @Draco Noir , @SpeedyPC and the others singing the General's praises. What a difference a few months makes. At Christmas the Rockwell would feature in almost all my SOTD pics. Now there's a choice between some really good performing acquisitions.

@Korbz remember I would NEVER lie to you because the General is the world best razor on the planet, trust me you'll never look back for another razor or maybe all your previous razors also keep an eye out for the Stainless Steel version coming out this year ;) and see how many shaves can you reach up too the maximum with the General with the Feather Pro.

Edit:- You know where to buy bulk Feather Pro blades from just get a whole box of 200 blades :sneaky:;)

Last edited:
Monday, May 22

Brush: Omega Synthetic Hi-Brush
Soap: Proraso Green
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable (+4)
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Lotion: Omega Alum Stick / Mennen Skin Bracer / Nivea Post Shave

A DFS. Every time I rotate to the Slim, I am reminded anew that it is simply the best DE razor I have ever used.

02057493-12CE-480A-9EDD-04A2BB35722D_zps9d0iitya.jpg

Pre: Barney Kenet 2:1 soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Savile Row 3824 Silvertip Badger
Soap: : Valobra stick
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Sticky
Blade: Modern German Schick Premium (1)
Balm: Argo Neo Gold

Shaving talk takes a back seat to the horrific events in Manchester, the birthplace of my Father and Grandfather. Thankfully all my relatives are safe, but the mood in Manchester is one of shock and anger.

Status
Not open for further replies.