Shave of the Day Thread - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately I think we are beyond the intervention state here...we will have to wait, until the patient is so far gone, that he comes to his senses on it's own...shower, no brush, no shave soap...I'm just shivering here

Yeah, you are probably right - the stuff of nightmares!

AiOEaCj.jpg

SOTD (5/6/2017)

Pre:
Hot shower/Acure Face Wash
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Feather (5x)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft
Soap/Cream: RazoRock Stallion
AS: T.N. Dickinson’s/Aqua Velva
Balm: Soap Commander Integrity
Fragrance: Thierry Mugler A*Men EDT

Sunday, June 4

Brush: Omega Synthetic Hi-Brush
Soap: Proraso Green
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable (+3)
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Green (1)
Lotion: Omega Alum Stick / Mennen Skin Bracer / Nivea Post Shave Balm

I've been using the Slim daily for a week or so and have been reluctant to rotate to another razor as it has provided bbs shaves. IMHO, the Slim is a masterpiece among razors.

In today's post, I am expecting a second Slim that I snagged on Etsy, one purportedly in excellent condition. We'll soon see.

Razor: Vintage British Aristocrat #15
Blade: Feather 'New Hi-Stainless' (2)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson 'The Duke'
Soap/Cream: Mystic Waters Sardinian Honey shaving soap
Aftershave Splash: Australian Private Reserve 'Un côtelette de porc' splash

Knocked the top off that raised bit of skin to get a weeper in the same spot today ...

The Sardinian Honey is such a lovely, warming soap and pairs well I think with the 'Un côtelette de porc' splash.

Onwards and upwards gents!

1bf0846a41.png

Brush: Muhle Silvertip Synthetic 21mm
Soap: P&B Citra Royale
Razor: GEM 'G-Bar'
Blade: GEM of course (3)@the_shaving_sailor

Phoenix & beau, great scent, easy lather and performance. Glad I ordered their Imperial Rum.
So the GEM, Wow first mild razor that I have discovered so far that gave me a very efficient smooth shave. Walked to work whistling with a bouncy step and occasional skip or two.
@the_shaving_sailor maybe you need to borrow my G-Bar.

Love days like these.

@RustyBlade mate id love to check it out, bring it to the meet up :D

iqhVwaj.gif

Date: 06 June 2017 (Morning)

Brush: - Semogue Special Edition 2012 Badger/Boar knot 24/55mm
Cream/Soap: - Wholly Kaw - Man from Mayfair (tallow) 4x
Razor: - Colonial Razors "The General Alum. Head" with iKon Bulldog Handle
Blade: - Schick Proline #1
Post: - Thayers Witch Hazel 'Rose Petal' / Bulldog Original Aftershave Balm
Fragrance: - Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male EDT

WOW!! :jawdrop: The Schick Proline single edge blade shave super smooth like pure butter is a perfect combination with the General and this blade is a real huge A+ for me and my skin type, I'm looking forward to see how far can the Schick Proline single edge blade reach to a tatol maximum number of shaves before changing a fresh new blade. You can't buy them directly from eBay or Amazon online because these blades come directly and only from Japan the cheapest price on the market online is from 'Rakuten Global Market', I've ordered mine months ago from a different supplier which has cost me a little more so the 'Rakuten Global Market' is the cheapest directly from Japan.

img60999982.jpg

Last edited:
7oUhDkw.jpg

Musgo Glyce
Morris & Forndran L7
Gillette Slim
Feather
Barrister & Mann Dickens
Barrister & Mann Dickens Aftershave
L'Artisan Parfumeur Fou d'Absinthe EDP

Definitely Dickens weather, two passes then the layering begins. Very comfortable, great sillage :)

33C09903-B515-47BA-8A47-DA89FDCAF2B3_zpsmt6wt0pu.jpg
33C09903-B515-47BA-8A47-DA89FDCAF2B3_zpsmt6wt0pu.jpg

@Mark1966 , @alfredus
OK, feeling more myself today. There was thick creamy lather in buckets.
Preshave: nil (there was a lineup for the bathroom)
Brush: Shavemac
Razor: 6/8 Jowika
Scuttle: HG
Soap: Homemade cold process, old batch that seems to have benefited from time. Lather thick and creamy.
Post shave: Jojoba, essential oils, vodka

Picked up the Jowika recently on eBay. By the look of the hone markings I was guessing it had been honed on Japanese natural. Honed up beautifully and provides a very nice shave.

Picked up the Jowika recently on eBay. By the look of the hone markings I was guessing it had been honed on Japanese natural. Honed up beautifully and provides a very nice shave.

Very nice looking blade.

On the cold process soap, one of our Adelaide group made some CP soap and did indicate the soap certainly benefited from time, hot process is basically ready to go right away.

Steve

This was yesterday's shave, but forgive my lateness :)

koXPHKbl.jpg

Soap: Shaver Heaven 1st Anniversary
Brush: TF Custom Chubby 3 style w/maggard 30mm synthetic
Razor: Slim on 3
Blade: Polsilver Brown

Nice two pass (WTG and XTG) shave :) 1st Anni is one of my go-to soaps, great performance and I love the scent, awesome soap. The slim on 3 is my 'daily driver', love it. The blade has been a little disappointing, I've nicked myself/had tiny weepers on every shave with it. It's sharp, and feels pretty smooth, but I just keep catching myself. The brush is beautiful! Tony does great work and the knot from maggard is lovely. Very dense, but really soft tips, and of course whips up a great lather. The stirling balm confuses me. It smells good, not sure how close it is to 'real' old spice, but it's a nice, powdery smell. It seems to do a really good job soothing the skin, but for a short time after my face feels a bit dry. It passes though and my face feels fine after about 45 mins or so, just a bit odd.

Very nice looking blade.

On the cold process soap, one of our Adelaide group made some CP soap and did indicate the soap certainly benefited from time, hot process is basically ready to go right away.

Steve
I was pleasantly surprised how well it lathered but the essential oils in it haven't travelled so well. Hot process should get a run this weekend.

As an A/S or instead of the coffee :D :D :D[/

Did you know that there's only about six distilleries in the world that make potato vodka? One of them is Red Dirt Distillery in NSW. I bought a bottle and it's pretty good ( not that I'm a vodka connoisseur), but I don't use that in my A/S.:)

This was yesterday's shave, but forgive my lateness :)

koXPHKbl.jpg

Soap: Shaver Heaven 1st Anniversary
Brush: TF Custom Chubby 3 style w/maggard 30mm synthetic
Razor: Slim on 3
Blade: Polsilver Brown

Nice two pass (WTG and XTG) shave :) 1st Anni is one of my go-to soaps, great performance and I love the scent, awesome soap. The slim on 3 is my 'daily driver', love it. The blade has been a little disappointing, I've nicked myself/had tiny weepers on every shave with it. It's sharp, and feels pretty smooth, but I just keep catching myself. The brush is beautiful! Tony does great work and the knot from maggard is lovely. Very dense, but really soft tips, and of course whips up a great lather. The stirling balm confuses me. It smells good, not sure how close it is to 'real' old spice, but it's a nice, powdery smell. It seems to do a really good job soothing the skin, but for a short time after my face feels a bit dry. It passes though and my face feels fine after about 45 mins or so, just a bit odd.

Ah man, bloody imgur app! Got the wrong version of the pic!

aGrzVAtFyKPhBbjynfLKSCxCD7f4kw9sSqVkj2s1Kg3aRSoetPcRMbsXYDAeneh-N7AJqTP_judL-9zmNKPM1yN0sgY1E-TIfIKRdeC3lkQ3MtTEi8BHC8GVsQ-BW2VwkzPfYtlNp7crECnozaQfHP55O_PNgpz_i_XWnc7h0clURhdWZGcV197bqsBBKz7b9GrlQbDAR5cIgcbNSFAOTZRq7GRgP8bhlUOT8xYoz-sYl7Y4tsZSpaF44r032OQ6tDuXVaATaP_N6HI09usN95guIcKe8DtU3MYbNpHUtI9uj47oAqQ1UVPj4RtIR4npM7jNZjMftAbk2lRjc-23Vz3soMp7L7nDI0jfVxiQmh_Vb6Xje1r6Cnc4W8XyWI9QAE2RkOXIYDvyjx-c2cBWsz1pdrYO6aLs9FjsG9giViTI-OVdkijUpADi-HH-oC5s13ssJ-6mtjSJGcptcfg11wpVlG28OwNvUpFH7l8jYFNYCrwNB9CBMdtC9dXd1B_VIQSpFiohHkr6t5_aLXomOsIiakG7rR3KxxE-l-4uNWRucmLvIUxyH07cQ-C1Pqt8QQd7fsPrDB_pYvxE0qQbT3fq3xtSzpBFbJtKPZ3LVsF59JRySyoWWg=w1156-h776-no

7oUhDkw.jpg

Musgo Glyce
Morris & Forndran L7
Gillette Slim
Feather
Barrister & Mann Dickens
Barrister & Mann Dickens Aftershave
L'Artisan Parfumeur Fou d'Absinthe EDP

Definitely Dickens weather, two passes then the layering begins. Very comfortable, great sillage :)

Nice Slim and obviously very popular on this forum. Hope they're as good as they are popular. Got one on the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.