Status
Not open for further replies.
Monday, June 5

Brush: Omega Synthetic Hi-Brush
Soap: Proraso Green
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable (+3)
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Green (2)
Lotion: Omega Alum Stick / Mennen Skin Bracer / Gillette Apres-Resage Gel

I received an excellent Slim in yesterday's post. Though it was manufactured in 1966 (L4), it appears as though it is new and functions perfectly. I used it and the usual DFS from the Slim was attained.

Razor: Vintage British Aristocrat #15
Blade: Feather 'New Hi-Stainless' (3)
Brush: Shavemac 'Americana' DO1
Soap/Cream: Mystic Waters Sardinian Honey shaving soap
Aftershave Splash: Australian Private Reserve 'Un côtelette de porc' splash
Aftershave Balm: Australian Private Reserve 'Un côtelette de porc' balm

Of course the good thing about modern blades is that they don't last long and you can replace them ...

Seriously, after 3 days my face knows that I'm using a sharp blade/razor combo. Progressive wear is occurring. The micro-nicks have become little nicks and I'm getting some irritation. Not what you want for a day of meetings and speaking at a conference.

The APR really helped to calm things down, but early mornings and sharp kit may not be a good combination for me at least.

Blade: Feather 'New Hi-Stainless' (3)
Brush: Shavemac 'Americana' DO1
Soap/Cream: Mystic Waters Sardinian Honey shaving soap
Aftershave Splash: Australian Private Reserve 'Un côtelette de porc' splash
Aftershave Balm: Australian Private Reserve 'Un côtelette de porc' balm

Of course the good thing about modern blades is that they don't last long and you can replace them ...

Seriously, after 3 days my face knows that I'm using a sharp blade/razor combo. Progressive wear is occurring. The micro-nicks have become little nicks and I'm getting some irritation. Not what you want for a day of meetings and speaking at a conference.

The APR really helped to calm things down, but early mornings and sharp kit may not be a good combination for me at least.
I have the same issue in winter, I find rubbing a bit of moisturiser into my face prior to getting in to the shower seems to help.

Razor: artist club ss
Blade: feather pro (2)
Soap: MWF
Brush: 25mm silvertip

Another beautiful shave, irritation free and comfortable, not perfect but pretty close :)

IMG_0087.jpg
SOTD, 07-06-2017

I smell amazing after this shave lock up your nanna's

Pre: hot towel over col.'s pre-shave oil for 10 mins.

Soap: Barrister and Mann "Rhapsody"

Brush: Muhle Vivo best badger brush

Razor: 1965 slim adjustable on setting 2.

Blade: Feather yellows

Post: TSW after balm then after the balm has set in and been absorbed, splashed on a bit of Barrister and Mann "Rhapsody" splash. (Smells amazing!)

gUeLI07.jpg

Musgo Glyce
Paladin Lotus
ATT Colossus R1
Feather
Haslinger Sandalholz Spa
Haslinger Sandalholz Spa Aftershave Balm
Australian Private Reserve The Santal Aftershave
Australian Private Reserve The Santal EDP

Two passes, very enjoyable. Beautiful Mysore Sandalwood :)

Pre: Musgo Real Glyce
Brush: Paladin PK47 Tigris Perla 28mm
Soap: Stirling Barbershop
Razor: George Butler 'Keen' 6/8"
Strop: Kanayama
Post-shave: Speick A/S Splash

3rd shave with this razor and it's lost its just off the hones keenness, but gave a far smoother, more enjoyable shave. I'm going to stick with this razor for the next few shave (something I rarely do) to see how the edge changes.
Stirling did its usual awesome thing, helped along by the brush (which seems to be getting better).

7a92fd2122.png

Brush: Plissonese
Soap: Australian Private Reserve Idoru
Razor: Darwin
Blade: Wilkinson Sword classic (3)
AS Splash: Australian Private Reserve Idoru

APR soap lathers so well, quicker than B&Ms IMHO. Performance is closely matched but that later edging out APR on slickness. However the post feel is there too. Am definitely proud to have an Aussie product that matches and beats other international players.

Love scents that are complex and layered. While lathering the wood base entertained me on this wet winter morning and gave warmth. Yet the light Cypress scent lifted it with a clean fresh feel.

That splash was the same but notes of citrus and to me of mandarin crept out. That main clean Cypress lingered on with a subtle warm base of wood and something else I haven't nailed yet. As the day wears on I expect it to change again and give me something new. Apparently the splash has an extra dose of fragrance and hopefully to see the day through.
Three hours in and going strong.

Velvet soap pre-shave wash
Feather Artist Club DX kami with Pro Super blade (4)
GFT Rose Cream
Omega 49
Re-lather and cold rinse

A lovely 2 pass DFS+ - very close to BBS but was a bit rushed. This cream performed better than I remember. I suspect I'm getting better at judging the right amount of product to use.

2jG4mIa.jpg

Pre-Shave: @khun_diddy Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: RazoRock Baby Smooth Al
Blade: Voskhod (2)
Brush: Doug Korn D7V
Lather: Stirling Bay Rum
Post-shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, Australian Emu Oil​

Just another perfect shave with the Baby Smooth - really enjoy the razor and wonder, why I didn't come to the party earlier. And add to that a new tub of the Stirling soap - which produced some sensational lather (picture here) - shaves can't get much better.

I hope you all enjoy your shaves (y)(y)(y)

7a92fd2122.png

Brush: Plissonese
Soap: Australian Private Reserve Idoru
Razor: Darwin
Blade: Wilkinson Sword classic (3)
AS Splash: Australian Private Reserve Idoru

APR soap lathers so well, quicker than B&Ms IMHO. Performance is closely matched but that later edging out APR on slickness. However the post feel is there too. Am definitely proud to have an Aussie product that matches and beats other international players.

Love scents that are complex and layered. While lathering the wood base entertained me on this wet winter morning and gave warmth. Yet the light Cypress scent lifted it with a clean fresh feel.

That splash was the same but notes of citrus and to me of mandarin crept out. That main clean Cypress lingered on with a subtle warm base of wood and something else I haven't nailed yet. As the day wears on I expect it to change again and give me something new. Apparently the splash has an extra dose of fragrance and hopefully to see the day through.
Three hours in and going strong.

That is such a BEAUTIFUL pic for so many reasons !!!

gUeLI07.jpg

Musgo Glyce
Paladin Lotus
ATT Colossus R1
Feather
Haslinger Sandalholz Spa
Haslinger Sandalholz Spa Aftershave Balm
Australian Private Reserve The Santal Aftershave
Australian Private Reserve The Santal EDP

Two passes, very enjoyable. Beautiful Mysore Sandalwood :)

How good is haslinger for the price! Quite impressed with their soaps

Unfortunately no pic from this morning. A bit rushed to work and have been quite sick lately. But happy to say my ATT SE1 gave me a BEAUTIFUL shave. Blade getting a lot smoother on second shave. Not too dissimilar to the DE counterpart, The Fat producing the goods as always too ;) happy shaving everyone! Stay warm.
Razor: ATT SE1
Blade: Feather Artist Club (2)
Brush: TF Custom Synthetic
Soap: Mitchell's Woolfat
Post shave: Thayer's Witch Hazel Aloe, Nivea 2 Phase Aftershave Lotion

F26212E6-E36A-4395-B246-7FD55771FF14_zps3qmrb9gj.jpg

Last night's Shave:

Pre: Valobra Glicerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Savile Row 3824 Silvertip Badger
Soap: B&M Seville
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Vintage Wilkinson Sword Super Sword (3)
EDP: L'Artisan Fou d'Absinthe
Beautiful lather and barber sharp scent from Barrister & Mann's top selling soap. A modern classic.
Three very comfortable passes for a DFS+.
The vintage Wilkie blade pairs very well with the AS-D2 razor.

D6D7C85C-FB7A-4879-BFD1-CC94C1B1BCA9_zpsxqawpx7d.jpg

Tonight's shave:

Pre: Valobra Glicerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017
Soap: Stirling Scots Pine Sheep soap
Razor: Merkur Futur (2)
Blade: Vintage Wilkinson Sword Super Sword (4)
EDC: DR Harris Mayfair
First run with the Merkur Futur and Stirling Scots Pine Sheep Soap. Both performed very well indeed. The mutton lather was very luxurious, making for a comfortable shave and lovely post-shave feel. The scent is definitely Pine/forest, but not as robust as stablemates Coniferous and Ozark Mountain.
The Futur was really good first time out - three easy passes and pretty close to BBS. Blade feel was more noticeable than the AS-D2 (as expected) , but no irritation or weepers. The smooth grip took a bit of getting used to, but no issues. I really liked the heft of this razor -.just find the angle and let the blade do its job via the weight of the razor.

Blade: Feather 'New Hi-Stainless' (4)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch distressed Culmak reknotted with TGN finest
Soap/Cream: Ogallala Bay Rum, Limes & Peppercorn shaving soap
Aftershave Splash: Ogallala Bay Rum, Limes & Peppercorn splash

OK, that soap is interesting. It's consistency on first use is kinda weird but effective. Not light and bubbly and not rich and yoghurty but effective. Might have to play with some other brushes. For a soap I purchased simply for the scent it is funny how the scent is barely a feature!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.