Not open for further replies.
Beast Shave 2
20170615_073434.jpg

Razor: Muhle R41 head with SS Stray Whisker handle
Blade: Perma-Sharp SS (1)
Soap: Shaver Heaven Forbidden Forrest
Brush: TF Ash and Gold Synthetic

Thoughts...
- Another great shave with this impressive head. A rushed 3 pass brilliant BBS with only creepers. Indeed, I only saw them after the AS. I probably should have used Alum but I'm fine.
- Perma-Sharp blades are a much better pairing than the Personnas. Lovely with no sense of "almost irritation".

B61AF811-71DF-4908-9923-95DA573AC9E9_zpswjw5j4zr.jpg

Preshave: Coconut
Brush: Shavemac
Soap: Homemade CP
Razor: Bengall 6/8
Post Shave: Jojoba
Something very understated about the Bengalls, not just in looks but in performance. Very straightforward and polite but efficient as well.

Last edited:
A very nice single pass one and done tonight, 2 days growth with a no name sad beat up 6/8"blade that I decided to put an edge on. And what a nice edge.
I used a synthetic brush tonight and it produced excellent lather but ---- no soul, no emotion. If it was music it would be cold heartless Rap whereas a Boar is Symphonic.
Soap was one of my home brews.
No irritation and shaving with a straight does take longer though. But fun.

ZJ35h5a.jpg

SOTD (15/6/2017)

Pre:
Lucky Tiger Face Wash
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Voskhod (1x)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft
Soap/Cream: Clubman Pinaud
AS: Thayer's Lavender/Clubman Pinaud
Balm: TSW After Balm
Fragrance: JPG Le Male EDT
What's the performance of the Clubman soap like?

Razor: Vintage British Aristocrat #15
Blade: Vintage Schick Super Platinum (4)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson 'The Duke'
Soap/Cream: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars shaving soap
Aftershave Splash: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars splash

Nice, love this scent
@Mark1966 how did you manage to get the aftershave splash? Does it match the soap?
I'm really loving this scent as well, I've got to get some!

Thursday 15 June 2017

7ZKJXTIKw1O2Un3uFXpgUP7L3GGRaQljVH9nf7pgz3Q2D6PEKqNE9MXv1QRjjYjF8peO2t61HdXkkSeq4PTxubJsF3nBqkACNg=w1920-h1080-no

Mastro Livi Club Razor 2017 it's here, at last!

My Mastro Livi Club Razor 2017 Edition is finally here in my hands and proudly part of my straight razor collection. Yesterday I received my Club Razor 2017 and when I opened the box I have been both speechless and happy for the impeccable beauty of this latest Mastro Livi creation exclusively made for the member of Google+ Mastro Livi Club. As for the shave, it confirmed all the good things I could experience when I tested the prototype of this razor. Impeccable smoothness and comfort in shaving, this straight razor gave me a magnificent shave with my usual three passes and it was a real joy to use. I wish I could make four or five passes, however after the second pass my skin was already smooth and received a very close shave. I am absolutely very happy about this straight razor and very proud about what we members of Mastro Livi Club have been capable of creating with their votes and the fundamental help and talent of Mastro Livi who created this exclusive and breathtaking razor!​
  • Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: Dr. K Lime Shaving Soap
  • Brush: Mastro Livi Bristle, Padouk, 26mm Knot
  • Bowl: Old Barber Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Medium Loom Strop "Coramella Italiana" and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi Club Razor 2017, 8/8 Full Hollow, French Point, Cocobolo
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Argan Oil
  • After Shave: Myrsol Agua de Limón

Thursday 15 June 2017

7ZKJXTIKw1O2Un3uFXpgUP7L3GGRaQljVH9nf7pgz3Q2D6PEKqNE9MXv1QRjjYjF8peO2t61HdXkkSeq4PTxubJsF3nBqkACNg=w1920-h1080-no

Mastro Livi Club Razor 2017 it's here, at last!

My Mastro Livi Club Razor 2017 Edition is finally here in my hands and proudly part of my straight razor collection. Yesterday I received my Club Razor 2017 and when I opened the box I have been both speechless and happy for the impeccable beauty of this latest Mastro Livi creation exclusively made for the member of Google+ Mastro Livi Club. As for the shave, it confirmed all the good things I could experience when I tested the prototype of this razor. Impeccable smoothness and comfort in shaving, this straight razor gave me a magnificent shave with my usual three passes and it was a real joy to use. I wish I could make four or five passes, however after the second pass my skin was already smooth and received a very close shave. I am absolutely very happy about this straight razor and very proud about what we members of Mastro Livi Club have been capable of creating with their votes and the fundamental help and talent of Mastro Livi who created this exclusive and breathtaking razor!​
  • Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: Dr. K Lime Shaving Soap
  • Brush: Mastro Livi Bristle, Padouk, 26mm Knot
  • Bowl: Old Barber Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Medium Loom Strop "Coramella Italiana" and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi Club Razor 2017, 8/8 Full Hollow, French Point, Cocobolo
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Argan Oil
  • After Shave: Myrsol Agua de Limón

!!!!! WOW !!!!!!

Razor: Vintage British Aristocrat #15
Blade: Vintage Schick Super Platinum (7)
Brush: Shavemac 'Americana' DO1
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve les généraux du grand livre shaving soap (Ver 1)
Aftershave Splash: Australian Private Reserve les généraux du grand livre Aftershave Lotion
Aftershave Balm: Australian Private Reserve les généraux du grand livre Aftershave Balm
Cologne: Australian Private Reserve les généraux du grand livre EDP

Lovely early morning shave...

2lYwClV.jpg

Musgo Glyce
Boots Manchurian
Timeless
Feather
Barrister & Mann Cologne Russe
Barrister & Mann Cologne Russe Aftershave
Australian Private Reserve Winterfell EDP

A nice uplifting fragrance for the depths of winter, enjoy your shaves Gentlemen :penguin:

Razor: slot head tech
Blade: Feather (5)
Soap: monsavon
Brush: Omega boar

Nice shave for a cold Friday, come at me weekend!
I have to say the slot head te h is a favourite for sure

Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade(s): Feather (1)
Brush: Simpsons Super Chubby 2
Soap/Cream: TOBS Sandalwood
Last of sample of Stray Whisker After Balm

TOBS lathered nicely but was thin on the face. Nice shave and that After Balm does last. Next time I order from TSW may have to pick myself some up.

213A69A7-4269-43BB-92F2-692FC5704D53_zpskpnmnyoi.jpg

Pre Shave: Coconut Oil
Brush: Vulfix travel
Soap: Homemade HP
Razor: Gillette Slim (setting 5 first pass then 8)
Blade: Personna Platinum
Post Shave: Jojoba

Meet Slim, Oh most of you already have one already right. Slim and I got on just fine and it will definitely be part of the rotation. Couldn't really get into trouble with this even when I tried.
What do you others do to dry out Slim. Do you just hang it up or stand it on it's head. I was wondering is moisture going to be a threat to the mechanism. I think it's a 1967 model. I guess it's got this far. Does anyone drop oil down it's throat occasionally?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.