je4Tg7Z.jpg

Musgo Glyce
Paladin Lotus
ATT Colossus R1
Feather
Martin de Candre
AP Reserve Fougère Bourbon Rose Aftershave
AP Reserve Fougère Bourbon Rose EDP

A nice relaxing Sat AM two passes, lovely.

See you at the Sydney gathering chaps :)

Pre: Musgo Real Glyce
Brush: Morris & Forndran 2XL Blonde Badger
Soap: Boellis Panama
Razor: Dorko 6/8"
Strop: Kanayama
Post-shave: Floid Suave

First try with the Boellis (picked up from Ron's giveaway on eBay). I may have loaded too much as the lather wasn't as slick as i would like. 2nd pass was better with more water. It seems to be Cella's fancy cousin - very nice, but second tier for me. I can't see it being worth the money that is charged for it new.

Full_Size_Render_12.jpg

Razor: Rockwell 6S – 3
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (1)
Brush: Semogue SOC Boar
Soap: Crown King – The Kiss

Cracked open my fresh puck of "The Kiss", love this soap so far! :)
Have fun at your meetup today, Sydneysiders. :cool:

MyNBrnu.jpg

Pre-Shave: @khun_diddy Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: RazoRock Baby Smooth Al
Blade: Ladas (2)
Brush: Paladin Lotus
Lather: Mystic Water Bergamot, Cedarwood & Juniper
Post-shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, Australian Emu Oil​

Just a fantastic Friday shave - stellar lather from the Mystic Water soap (picture here) and a close yet very smooth shave from the Baby Smooth loaded with the Ladas.

I hope you all enjoy your shaves (y)

Whenever I see your profile photo, I get the urge for more cowbell.

George%20Butler%20Keen_zpsi5sosm82.jpg~original
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

More like shave of the week ... ... ... and I do mean week.

Shaved last Sunday morning and just could not be bothered again all week. Good to drag the straight out again this morning. Wife thought so too. I've grown a moustache over the last month having lost the patience to keep the pencil mo tidy & in shape. My wife likes the full mo so it is going to stay for a while.

Cold water shave
Soap: Shaver Heaven Aladdin
Brush: cheap synth
Face lather
Blade: George Butler Keen 6/8

Close 1-pass shave. Could have been better with more passes but after 7 days without a shave it felt good anyway. No nicks, no irritation.

Close 1-pass shave. Could have been better with more passes but after 7 days without a shave it felt good anyway. No nicks, no irritation.

It really is amazing how good a single pass straight shave is and 12 hours time it will still feel a good clean shave. I find after about an hour a CCS has become a DFS all on its own :)

10E9A72C-8432-4104-8589-C8C7FED57847_zpsflfdz9p0.jpg

Preshave: Coconut Oil
Soap: Finished off last of old homemade CP batch. Needed the container. So it was monsta soap lather morning
Brush: Shavemac
Razor: Boker (see photo - my wife made some PJs for some of my blades)
Post Shave: Jojoba, essential oils, vodka

Then into the kitchen for a shave soap cook up. Got some fresh ingredients to try. So this batch includes:
Stearic, Olive Oil, Jojoba oil, Hemp oil, Lanolin, Tallow, Coconut, Apricot kernel, Glycerine, Kaolin, Bentonite ,and Calendula. Essential oils (Sandalwood, Clary Sage, Sweet Orange)
Looking forward to see how it comes together.

Last edited:
Vt0KKinh.jpg

Good mix of old and new in today's shave :) Proraso green was the first real shaving soap I ever bought, and the whipped dog synthetic was (almost) my first real brush (first brush was from the body shop, then an omega s brush, but it was still very early days). TSW balm and Polsilver SI blades are newer discoveries, and this is only the third time I've shaved with the MJ-90. Nice two pass shave (WTG + XTG). Not BBS by any stretch of the imagination, but very comfortable and certainly close enough for a lazy Saturday at home :)

Razor: long comb new
Blade: feather (6)
Brush: vie-long horse hair
Soap: MWF

This morning was interesting, I picked up the long comb from a seller in France and at some point the top cap has been replaced with one from god knows where, which when fully assembled leaves the blade too close to the base to be an effective shaver... however, back it off a turn and bam! The razor gave me a highly efficient close irritation free shave, bit unique but there we go.
It was my first shave with the horse hair and firstly it smells like filth, I've had my share of badger and boar brushes and they didn't bother me but this thing was gross, however the face feel is great and just different enough for me to be happy with it, I'll have to use it with my more fragrant soaps.

10E9A72C-8432-4104-8589-C8C7FED57847_zpsflfdz9p0.jpg

Preshave: Coconut Oil
Soap: Finished off last of old homemade CP batch. Needed the container. So it was monsta soap lather morning
Brush: Shavemac
Razor: Boker (see photo - my wife made some PJs for some of my blades)
Post Shave: Jojoba, essential oils, vodka

Then into the kitchen for a shave soap cook up. Got some fresh ingredients to try. So this batch includes:
Stearic, Olive Oil, Jojoba oil, Hemp oil, Lanolin, Tallow, Coconut, Apricot kernel, Glycerine, Kaolin, Bentonite ,and Calendula. Essential oils (Sandalwood, Clary Sage, Sweet Orange)
Looking forward to see how it comes together.
If evet you want to sell some of that soap please let me know :) that sounds like a great base.

Hi @Ferret619 . I won't sell it because it's only my second batch and I'm still trying to refine the recipe. I did happen to have a third puck from the batch which I would be happy to send to you for free if you want to try it. I timed the addition of the essential oils wrong and perhaps added too much lanolin so you might not love the scent but it lathered well when I tried it today.

Another single pass straight shave tonight and I continue to marvel at the efficiency of a straight blade. I had a wonderful afternoon experimenting with old blades and a variety of hones and honing methods. I'm looking forward to the day I really master honing. It is such an amazing art. Tonight's blade was a Solingen Magnetic platypus and it was insanely sharp.
Home made soap and a great Semogue Boar brush.

Friday, June 16

Brush: Omega Synthetic Hi-Brush
Soap: Proraso Green
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable (+3)
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Green (D3)
Lotion: Omega Alum Stick / Mennen Skin Bracer / Gillette Apres-Resage Gel

I stayed another day with the reliable Slim, fairly well convinced the Silver Blue is, at least for me, preferable to the 7 O'Clock Green. With the Slim and the Silver Blue, I am able to get a bbs shave nearly every time.

1F3837FB-250D-45A1-8C01-FCB4334002A2_zpsziwufhsa.jpg

Pre: Washpool Farm Facial Cleansing soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus
Soap: Valobra Cologne
Razor: Merkur Futur (2)
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (2)
EDC: Farina Original 1709

Great shave.

Hi @Ferret619 . I won't sell it because it's only my second batch and I'm still trying to refine the recipe. I did happen to have a third puck from the batch which I would be happy to send to you for free if you want to try it. I timed the addition of the essential oils wrong and perhaps added too much lanolin so you might not love the scent but it lathered well when I tried it today.
I'll send you a PM right now.

19264756_1591387054207060_9123016266841377562_o.jpg

Brush: Simpsons, Persian Jar
Soap: B&M, Cologne Russet
Razor: Gem, Push Button
Blade: Gem SS
Post: APR, Jasmine and white tea, Ginger white tea, Slash/balm

Up early, pick up brother and family at 4, take to Sydney airport and back at 6, in time for my early morning Sunday shave.
And ... Relax!
Used the milder (though the advert suggest otherwise) Push Button Gem for a relaxing two passes after yesterdays efficient shave, a nice looking razor but probably the beginning of the end for Gem.
Used the Cologne Russe and APR again today, after being a little disappointed with the scent yesterday I have to say I have changed my mind. I went back to the bathroom about an hour after yesterdays shave and it smelt fantastic! I hope I smelt the same.

Enjoy your Sunday, have a great shave.

For your tough beard?
19143230_1591387830873649_455527024301446234_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.