Brush: Shavemac 'Americana' DO1
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve Mycroft shaving soap
Aftershave Splash: Australian Private Reserve Mycroft Aftershave Lotion
Cologne: Australian Private Reserve Mycroft EDP

Nice to be home

Razor: Dovo Prima Klang 5/8
Brush: vie-long horse
Soap: "the general" squadron soap

My honing is improving and I got a close comfortable shave and darn do I love this razor

czQKAHA.jpg

Occam's Original Pre
Hoffritz 103
ATT Colossus R1
Feather
Barrister & Mann Bay Rum
Stirling Bay Rum Aftershave Balm
AP Reserve Bay City Aftershave
AP Reserve Bay City EDP

Definitely bay rum weather and the B&M is the one I like the most having tried many. Great two passes then on with the goods :)

D703F338-21E6-4A1A-9539-A3D19214602A_zpsleugzy0g.jpg

Pre Shave: Coconut Oil
Razor: Lindberg Munchen 5/8
Soap: Batch No:2 from my cook yesterday
Brush: Shavemac
Post Shave: Jojoba

2 pass shave today because I gave myself shaving rash yesterday from 2 shaves. Too impatient to try the new soap.
New soap went well (not shave soap Nirvana but I'm happy with it). Too much lanolin scent coming through for my liking. Might back it off from 10% fat content to 5%. Also probably put in essential oils a tad too early so might have lost a little scent there.

Last edited:
SOTOD
Pre shave wash - Velvet soap
Feather AC DX with Pro Super blade (13)
Crabtree and Evelyn "West Indian Limes" soap
Omega 48
Re-lather and cold rinse

Got a good lather out of this soap this time by loading it like I hated it - dry (soaked) boar and then adding water, building lather on the puck. Nice scent too. 3 pass BBS but I cut my lip good in an moment of distraction... thought I was in real trouble but the blade holder in the Feather stopped the cut going too deep - even with the greater exposure of the Pro Super blade. Pretty much healed up by the end of the shave to my surprise. It gave me a new appreciation for this razor - I suspect a conventional straight would have cut a lot deeper in this instance. Might stick with the Feather after all...

SOTOD
Pre shave wash - Velvet soap
Feather AC DX with Pro Super blade (13)
Crabtree and Evelyn "West Indian Limes" soap
Omega 48
Re-lather and cold rinse

Got a good lather out of this soap this time by loading it like I hated it - dry (soaked) boar and then adding water, building lather on the puck. Nice scent too. 3 pass BBS but I cut my lip good in an moment of distraction... thought I was in real trouble but the blade holder in the Feather stopped the cut going too deep - even with the greater exposure of the Pro Super blade. Pretty much healed up by the end of the shave to my surprise. It gave me a new appreciation for this razor - I suspect a conventional straight would have cut a lot deeper in this instance. Might stick with the Feather after all...
That's the funny thing, you'd think you would do more damage to yourself with straights but my experience has always been the opposite. Any damage sustained has always been worse with a DE. Usually any damage with a straight has been very minor. Maybe because of more care? And maybe because of more direct feedback from blade only whereas the DE you're getting feedback from bar and head as well.

A4UZtXm.jpg

Pre-Shave: @khun_diddy Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: BBS-1
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac 2-band Silvertip
Lather: Mike's Lemongrass & Eucalyptus
Post-shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, Australian Emu Oil​

Last shave in the den for the next 3 weeks - apologies in advance for not being around so much and for the lack of a lather shot today...

A4UZtXm.jpg

Pre-Shave: @khun_diddy Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: BBS-1
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac 2-band Silvertip
Lather: Mike's Lemongrass & Eucalyptus
Post-shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, Australian Emu Oil​

Last shave in the den for the next 3 weeks - apologies in advance for not being around so much and for the lack of a lather shot today...

Safe travels @alfredus and have a great trip.

Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade(s): PolSilver (2)
Brush: Simpsons Super Chubby 2
Soap/Cream: Truefitt and Hill 1805

Second time with this razor for a while, and my thinking is that the Polsilver just aren't suited to this razor. A lot of pressure to get a reasonable shave. Will try a Feather blade tomorrow and see what happens.

iqhVwaj.gif

Date: 18 June 2017

Brush: - Semogue SOC Boar in Cherry Wood 24/55mm
Cream/Soap: - Wholly Kaw - Monaco Royale (tallow) 4x
Razor: - Colonial General Aluminum Head with the iKon Bulldog Handle
Blade: - Schick Proline P-30 #6
Post: - Thayers Witch Hazel 'Lemon' / Bulldog Original Aftershave Balm

Sunday 18 June 2017

VSB4Vu5tMic5rIx0Rbr5Y6FeTAW7_UF8W6oQa-EqgS5rprVmf-4QxcqWHI-aM8yQs0jItOelqsYB6pdyb238ZNF64daNWY42nQ=w1920-h1080-no

Mastro Livi Grifetto 60: Shaving Like a King!

Today this Mastro Livi Grifetto 60 gave me a king's shave. Grifetto will never fail to amaze me, both for the pleasure of using it and for the magnificence of its super smooth shave. I have to admit, the pleasure of this shave was also thanks to the P.160 Professional soap, in my opinion the very best shave soap of all times, no soap in the world can beat it. Super performance in lathering - rich, creamy, luxurious, moisturizing and velvety - it seems like it was conceived for straight razor shaving. It is not by chance, in fact, this incredible shave soap was conceived in the 1970s and destined to professional barbers who, at those times, were using straight razors. It is a pity - way too bad - they discontinued making this fabulous soap. Not to mention the excellence I got with the unparalleled performance of Floïd aftershave and the Mastro Livi Eco-Silvertip brush. A truly king's shave!​
  • Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: Nuova Elberel P.160 Professional
  • Brush: Mastro Livi Perugia Eco-Silvertip, Bois De Rose, 26mm Knot
  • Bowl: Gerby Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Medium Loom Strop "Coramella Italiana" and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi Grifetto 60, 6/8 Full Hollow, Round Point, Camel Bone
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Umbrian Extravirgin Olive Oil
  • After Shave: Floïd The Genuine

Razor: Vintage British Aristocrat #15
Blade: Vintage Schick Platinum Plus (2)
Brush: Vintage Butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve Mycroft shaving soap
Aftershave Splash: Australian Private Reserve Mycroft Aftershave Lotion
Cologne: Australian Private Reserve Mycroft EDP

SBNur2v.jpg

Musgo Glyce
Simpson CH2
ATT Colossus R1
Feather
AOS NOS Sandalwood
Chatillon Lux Catalan's Prairie Salve
Chatillon Lux Catalan's Prairie Aftershave
Chatillon Lux Gratiot League Square EDT

Two passes, a very enjoyable shave and a great start to the week. Have a good day chaps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.