Shave of the Day Thread - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
yYEPgcxl.jpg

Bless me P&C, for I have sinned.

Well I forgive you because you chose a soap to keep the color scheme in check.
Love that brush, simple and elegant :love:

The '24 is a bit of a strange beast, imo. I've have great, super close, smooth shaves with it and rough as guts shaves with it. Probably user error on my end :)
Got that impression too after one shave. Angle, angle they keep telling me. Hard with such a big head on a razor like these SEs. Hence why i keep putting down the GEMs/ERs after a week of use.

A GEM? Really? @RustyBlade ???
You need glasses :penguin: it is a GEM G-bar (or Heavy Flat Top) (y)
Just don't call an E-bar a Heavy Flat Top as that was coined from GEMs adverts only (probably a furphy as researched from other dodgy forums), cmiiw.

You need glasses :penguin: it is a GEM G-bar (or Heavy Flat Top) (y)
Just don't call an E-bar a Heavy Flat Top as that was coined from GEMs adverts only (probably a furphy as researched from other dodgy forums), cmiiw.

WHAT! Can't win a trick with these SEs (roll on OCtober!)

So a G-bar is a Gem
An E-bar is a Ever-Ready

Hmm, how am I going to remember that?

Razor: Ever-ready 'E' bar
Blade: GEM (6)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Culmak reknotted in TGN Finest
Soap/Cream: L&L Grooming TSM Fougere shaving soap
Aftershave Splash: Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender splash
Cologne: Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender EDP

E is for Ever-ready, G is for Gem

See, I'm getting the hang of this SE nomenclature :)

CHHtTP2.jpg

Musgo Glyce
Paladin
Gillette Slim
Feather
Martin de Candre Fougère
AP Reserve Coeur de Vert Aftershave
AP Reserve Coeur de Vert EDP

Same pattern most mornings.

I post my pretty average, suburban SOTD each morning and the very next post is @todras with his great photos and well arranged high end kit which just oozes class and sophistication ...

Nice work mate - raising the bar!

Same pattern most mornings.

I post my pretty average, suburban SOTD each morning and the very next post is @todras with his great photos and well arranged high end kit which just oozes class and sophistication ...

Nice work mate - raising the bar!

Trying to raise the bar, getting a tripod and learning the basics of photography has assisted a great deal as has 2 black table place-mats.

This mornings shave would be my desert island, the Slim is the dark horse of my DE razors and imho is so underrated , I never fail to get an amazing shave with it dialed to a 5 or 6 and the MdC is undoubtedly my favourite shaving soap - it's in a tier of it's own.

Soap: Pb Puck No:2
Brush: Omega Boar
Bowl: @Jase 's Mum manufactured bowl
Razor: Asylum Rx
Blade: Feather Pro

Great shave this morning until disaster struck whilst cleaning up/packing away. Fumbled the bowl and dropped it and it didn't bounce. My current favorite shaving bowl is now in a hundred pieces. @Jase , can you ask your Mum whether she is going to do any more runs of shaving bowls? I'm going to miss mine terribly.:( I must've sounded distraught, even my teenage daughter felt sorry for me, and that takes some doing.:LOL:
@nav1 , Puck No:2 was the batch I did with lanolin. I don't think I'd hit it with the boar brush before (oops, checked. Just not the Omega) . Went well.

Last edited:
Pre: Musgo Real Glyce
Brush: Thater Bulb 2 Band 28mm
Soap: B&M Lavanille
Razor: Kropp 6/8"
Strop: Kanayama
Post-shave: B&M Lavanille Splash

The Thater Bulb is one of those iconic brushes that everyone should try once. A perfect bulb shape and soft as anything on the face. A great shave, now off to a huge family lunch. Happy Jewish New Year to those that are that way inclined.
ShanaTova2.png

Date: 21 September 2017 is nearly 4:30am in West of London

Pre: - Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush: - RazoRock Plissoft Big Bruce Synth. 26/63mm knot
Lather: - Wilkinson Sword Shave Stick (european version grated into a plastic tub)
Razor: - Gillette Ball End Tech 1946-50
Blade: - Gillette Silver Blue #3
Post: - Thayers Witch Hazel 'Unscented' / Bulldog Original Aftershave Balm
Fragrance: - Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male EDT

Good early morning this is my last shave in West of London and I'm heading home towards a very sad journey, I've received a shocking email from my Mum yesterday late afternoon that both of my parents are getting divorce and I just went completely gobsmack. Nothing I can do to fix this issue between both of them since my father has post-traumatic stress disorder from Vietnam war for 45 years. He should've got help long ago and it's too late to undo the damage which has been done for a very long time, too much anger and too much verbal abuse for nearly 40 years. I also have post-traumatic stress disorder from too much abuse for 35 years from my father, I knew the time would come very soon that my mother would throw in the white towel.

Soap: Pb Puck No:2
Brush: Omega Boar
Bowl: @Jase 's Mum manufactured bowl
Razor: Asylum Rx
Blade: Feather Pro

Great shave this morning until disaster struck whilst cleaning up/packing away. Fumbled the bowl and dropped it and it didn't bounce. My current favorite shaving bowl is now in a hundred pieces. @Jase , can you ask your Mum whether she is going to do any more runs of shaving bowls? I'm going to miss mine terribly.:( I must've sounded distraught, even my teenage daughter felt sorry for me, and that takes some doing.:LOL:
@nav1 , Puck No:2 was the batch I did with lanolin. I don't think I'd hit it with the boar brush before (oops, checked. Just not the Omega) . Went well.

Sorry to hear about the brown bowl. My father broke the one i got for him last year but he has now opted for a non breakable plastic bowl.

Did you notice a difference post shave with the lanolin added into the formula?

Sorry to hear about the brown bowl. My father broke the one i got for him last year but he has now opted for a non breakable plastic bowl.

Did you notice a difference post shave with the lanolin added into the formula?
No, because I applied the jojoba pretty much straight away plus I think there's clay in that batch and that leaves a different post shave feel as well. :)

Lather: - Wilkinson Sword Shave Stick (european version grated into a plastic tub)

Good early morning this is my last shave in West of London and I'm heading home towards a very sad journey, I've received a shocking email from my Mum yesterday late afternoon that both of my parents are getting divorce and I just went completely gobsmack. Nothing I can do to fix this issue between both of them since my father has post-traumatic stress disorder from Vietnam war for 45 years. He should've got help long ago and it's too late to undo the damage which has been done for a very long time, too much anger and too much verbal abuse for nearly 40 years. I also have post-traumatic stress disorder from too much abuse for 35 years from my father, I knew the time would come very soon that my mother would throw in the white towel.
Really sorry @SpeedyPC . I hope they can both get some help and find some peace for themselves at least.

So sorry to hear this Brother, I'm here if you need anything.

Razor: flat bottom aristocrat JR
Soap: MWF
Blade: feather (1)
Brush: commodore
Perfect shave with this combo, I actually almost sold this razor today; had it up on eBay and it sold however I had specified that it was aus only postage and the winner was from holland... no idea why eBay lets people bid outside of the rules specified by the seller but hey I'm taking it as a sign and am keeping it.

Easy shave today, with an expected cut :(

Shower
Maggard V3A
wilkinson (1st use)
Frank shaving mixt
Squadron soap "The warden" soap and splash
TSW balm

This blades are a bit rough on the 1-2 shaves but afterwards go easy. The new razor has done a good job, we are still 'knowing' ourselves :D, and soap is great in both scent and performance. I can see myself in the near future getting the full sized splash, or buying one of the other scented splash. Probably not the soaps, as I may again move overseas next year, and the soap collection is growing much faster than its consumption rate and I may have a luggage problem at that time. Well, I know I will end up buying another soap too, but soaps can be shipped globally, not the splashes :(
When I modev first to Norway, and then to Tas, I alwais carried seamesly 2-3 La Toja sticks, but now with the pucks, more razors, brushes etc, luggage space may be an issue considering carrying telescope, big tripod, books (a few kg) among other stuff, and now soaps xD
clothes are irrelevant, I can buy if neccesary anywhere, but other stuff is more... serious

Status
Not open for further replies.