Shave of the Day Thread - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Special day... because yesterday I cut my mullet and now i am looking again like a normal person (I use to have very long hair, but offer it on a rally for getting funds for kids with leukaemia and some one bid and cut it leaving me a super mullet in march. I carried it till yesterday, when it was approaching mid-back)

so started with a nice shower, and then:

razor: maggard
blade: wilkinson (2nd use)
brush: yaqi synthetic
soap: APR CdV
splash: APR CdV
EdT: APR CdV

I got another cut again, very small. I'll need to know better this razor. The rest of the shave awesome. what a scent is this CdV...
I went a bit social today and quite a few people didn't recognise me at first sight with my new haircut. Then I arrived home and missed the eufros lot for some minutes. Yes, this is what happen when you go social to drink. You miss good stuff haha
Have a nice weekend

You are a braver man than thee.
No way I would wear a mullet even for charity. Soon as I was home the scissors would of come out.
Shave my head for charity. No problem.

Like you're jib sir.

Which maggard's head is it?
Wilkinson sword blades would be my favourite. Heard they are slightly wider so more aggressive and some mild razors need them.

Well, that was my plan, go home and finished the hair cut, but I said so many times I'll cut it this week, and end up in 6 months stuff.... for many years I was this kind of person that cut his hair once every two years xD, yo it wasn;t that bad, and i was told that if you carry a mullet long enough, you may get permanent residence in Australia easily :p. i even didn;t shave for a while and had some beard...

Now i feel great again. My mum didn't recognised me when I send the first picture with the mullet. She asked who was he!!!!. I prefer myself with a close hair cut

The head is V3A. i am quite happy with wilkinson, maybe a bit rough on first shave? overall are really nice from the small sample of blade sI have tried so far

37185026776_35fa7831e4_b.jpg

Apologies @Kerry@Phoenix&Beau I've been forgetting just how good this product is. Performance and scent this is one of my top 5!
Agreed @Korbz ! It's the only soap so far, that I have bought for a second time.

21950659_1692598514085913_3088753441741266419_o.jpg

Brush: Simpsons, PJ2
Soap: Haslinger, Schafmilch Rasierseife
Razor: Gem/ER, Featherweight
Blade: Gem SS/PAL carbon

I picked up some carbon steel blades so thought I would compare them with the SS using two identical razors, one side each, identical in all but name, even the boxes are exactly the same.
Two fresh blades and on the first pass I thought, perhaps, the PAL was a little sharper but it was a close call. After three passes I found it very difficult to discern a difference, BBS both sides. I have heard some say the first shave with a carbon blade can be rough, smoother on the second, also that you will get less shaves to a blade, I will continue experimenting with some other razors.
The Featherweight is a great SE, milder than some but not Tech mild! It is great for an easy close shave, often underrated and overlooked.

Have a great weekend​

Razor: Ever-ready 'E' bar
Blade: GEM (8)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson AS2
Soap/Cream: Barrister & Mann Petrichor shaving soap
Aftershave Splash: Barrister & Mann Petrichor splash
Cologne: N/A

It is a Petrichor kinda day - love this scent :)

7B16A519-3DB7-44AB-981F-207D609B7FC8_zpsdxr9feeo.jpg

Soap: Pb Lemon Myrtle V1
Brush: Omega Boar
Razor: Slim (Settings 5, 7, 9)
Blade: Polsilver (1)

I wasn't intending on posting SOTD today but this blade was interesting. Started on setting 5 and ended up on 9 for final pass but it didn't seem to matter, the blade never got too aggressive. Very smooth shave with only one tiny weeper. I'm very glad I bought these blades.
I think this soap worked with this combo as well. I didn't cook the soap long enough and it has had to sit for a number of weeks to improve. It's not as thick and creamy a soap as I'd like as it's a lower stearic acid soap, but it worked well for me this morning, lathering straight out of the tub. I'm thinking this soap is more suited to DE shaves.

Nickel, it's done to match the original the razor was released in as much as possible, same goes with the hand painted numbers he does.
He does a great job, very happy with the fatboy he did for me.

Really sorry @SpeedyPC . I hope they can both get some help and find some peace for themselves at least.

So sorry to hear this Brother, I'm here if you need anything.

G'day...I arrived home at 7am this morning coming from and had a few hours sleep on my own bed god I missed my dog he been sleeping with me and he is so worried, I'll be okay I knew this would happen sooner or later so I'm going to unpack my gear and I'm looking forward to another shave tonight.

Pre: Musgo Real Glyce
Brush: Shavemac DO1 3 Band Bulb Americana
Soap: Mike's Lavender
Razor: Fatboy (7)
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Post-shave: Myrsol Agua Balsamica

Despite it being a Saturday between running and dropping kids at various places I had no time for a straight shave. The Fatboy is always a stellar shave and despite not getting on too well with Voskhods in the past the combination gave me a great shave this time. Mike's is just a genius soap and the Shavemac D01 has just about broken in now (after 30 or so lathers).

mi8B1Qg.jpg

CK SUNDOWN SHAMPOO BAR
DELTA ECHO CUBANO FATBOY (7)
FEATHER (NEW)
MORRIS & FORNDRAN 26MM
CK SUNDOWN SOAP
CK SUNDOWN SPLASH
CK SUNDOWN BALM
CK SUNDOWN DEODORANT
Oooh. Can you give us your opinions of the soap, splash, and Balm? Scent? Performance?
I've been interested in this one.

Oooh. Can you give us your opinions of the soap, splash, and Balm? Scent? Performance?
I've been interested in this one.

This is definitely one of my favorites. The scent to me is like a very powdery barbershop.
Scent Profile: Talc, Oakmoss, Lemon, Petitgrain, Bergamot, Lavender, Rose, Animalic Musk, Clary Sage, Vetiver & Sandalwood.
Its Doug's version of Gillette's 1960's "Sun Up". Performance of the soap i give 10/10. Its easily in my top 3. Extremely easy to lather. It would blow away many tallow soaps. I get a insanely creamy WHITE lather every time. The balm works great as with all of his balms (i have four of them) never oily or greasy. And that splash is the alcohol free version and works good as well. You almost cant tell its got no alcohol in it.
If you do decide to purchase i can guarantee you wont regret it.

Full_Size_Render_37.jpg

Razor: Rockwell 6S – 4,3,3
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (1)
Brush: Semogue SOC Boar
Soap: B&M Seville

I feel human again, 1st shave in 10 days! The 1st pass was not a pleasure at all. :eek: Now I know what open combs are for...

The beard is gone, but I’m going to run with the mo for a while. :pompous:

Semi-Adelaide style lather shot here.

Date: 23 September 2017... Home sweet home!!

Pre: - Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush: - Semogue SOC 2 Band Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Cream/Soap: - Wholly Kaw - King of Oud (tallow) Donkey Milk :love:
Razor: - Muhle R41 v2013 with the iKon Bulldog Handle
Blade: - Gillette Nacet #1
Post: - Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Bulldog Sensitive Moisturiser

OMG!! I open a new tub of Wholly Kaw King of Oud (tallow) Donkey Milk is a very pleasant relaxing wonderful scent, straight from the tub without face lathering I can smell Bergamot, Lemon, Rose or maybe Rosewood, Sandalwood, Vetiver, and Amber WOW!!. Over all the whole scent while I was building up my face lather and shaving is smell very much like sweet marshmallow along with a freshness of floral, woody and rosy scent in the background is an absolute top performer, post shave and slickness. Because there a lot going on in the fragrance from top, middle and base note all over the place which smell wonderful, aromatic and very pleasant relaxing scent is a real keeper in my den sooo bad. You guys MUST try Wholly Kaw King of Oud (tallow) Donkey Milk you won't be sorry.

It time to grab the Muhle R41 out of my den which has been nearly a whole year since my last shave and is still my favourite razor, the R41 shave very similar to a Colonial General and no....is not a mild razor the R41 is an aggressive razor which you MUST handle with respect or you'll end up in a bloodbath shave or otherwise you'll wake Freddy Krueger from the dead.

Anyway is great to be home again along with my dog since he been worried sick about me for 2 months, still sitting beside me on bed and he still my baby boy which he has turn 4 years old last week. If the weather is nice and cool tomorrow I'm going to take him for a very nice long pleasant relaxing walk.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.