Shave of the Day Thread - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth Playpus P&C LE 2017 Manchurian Silvertip
Soap: Haslinger Schalfmilch
Razor: ATT Kronos M2
Blade: Vintage Gillette Platinum Plus (4)
Splash: Cussons Imperial Leather No 1 Original Classic

Man - what a shave!

Phoenix & Beau - Oberon
AdP Brush
Colonial Brass General
Santa Maria Novella - Lavender

QyPPz8c.jpg

Razor: Ever-ready 'E' bar
Blade: GEM (7)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream: Martin de Candre Original shaving soap
Aftershave Splash: Myrsol Agua Balsamica splash
Cologne: Vintage Old Spice Herbal Cologne Lotion for Men

Phew, glad Dan was first up this morning and I was hidden between his SOTD and that great photo from @UKSteve - you guys are so clever!

Anyway, inspired by the rung from @todras yesterday with his MdC and his comments about its quality I was inspired to grab mine. He is right - this is a top soap (n)

I was then in a bit of a lather (boom tish) as I wasn't in the groove with an established combination or set - I had decisions to make early on a Friday morning. Having thought I replacing my Myrsol with more sets I gave it a go - it really is great stuff, very good face feel. Then, being Friday, it was time to get my groove on - so what else but Old Spice Herbal hey @borked ! What a great day is coming up :)

herbal%201976.jpg

Phoenix & Beau - Oberon
AdP Brush
Colonial Brass General
Santa Maria Novella - Lavender

QyPPz8c.jpg

Great pic, nicely done (y)

f1f7a2d340.png

My SOTD,
Pre: hot splash
Brush: Plissonese
Soap: B&M Le Grand Chypre
Razor: Gillette #58
Blade: Nacet (4)
A/S: Nivea Two-phase

Lovely sunny day in Sydney so went Vintage. Not generally a fan of TTOs but the #58 was intuitive and very smooth and efficient. So much so I'm BBS after two passes and light buff on the chin.
Very surprised and impressed. Lovely weight and pretty razor to boot.
See why there are very enthusiastic individuals for the heavy weight TTO aristocrats.
Soap was great and lovely scent. Over loaded and had to add a ton of water to my face so had lather streaming down my chest.
Atleast I smell nice.

Razor: Ever-ready 'E' bar
Blade: GEM (7)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream: Martin de Candre Original shaving soap
Aftershave Splash: Myrsol Agua Balsamica splash
Cologne: Vintage Old Spice Herbal Cologne Lotion for Men

Phew, glad Dan was first up this morning and I was hidden between his SOTD and that great photo from @UKSteve - you guys are so clever!

Anyway, inspired by the rung from @todras yesterday with his MdC and his comments about its quality I was inspired to grab mine. He is right - this is a top soap (n)

I was then in a bit of a lather (boom tish) as I wasn't in the groove with an established combination or set - I had decisions to make early on a Friday morning. Having thought I replacing my Myrsol with more sets I gave it a go - it really is great stuff, very good face feel. Then, being Friday, it was time to get my groove on - so what else but Old Spice Herbal hey @borked ! What a great day is coming up :)

herbal%201976.jpg
What's with the random tennis player. Think a hippie would of been more appropriate, or a gardener.

Lol exactly what I was thinking. Got to love Costa, so his scent.

I actually saw him at an airport once and somebody was having a selfie with him (selfie with hippie - there must be a term for that!) and he was an 'manic' (in a nice way) in the flesh as on the screen

Vu9QQSa.jpg

Chatillon Lux Pre-Shave Butter
M&F 3XL 30mm
Gillette Slim
Feather
AP Reserve Lixiviant
AP Reserve Lixiviant Splash
AP Reserve Lixiviant EDP

Hey @todras, I'm curious has your slim been replated? I'm loving my slim but it tends to lack lustre apart from when I've just polished it.

Hey @todras, I'm curious has your slim been replated? I'm loving my slim but it tends to lack lustre apart from when I've just polished it.

Indeed it has, I used Dave from Restored Razors in NZ. He was fast (around 4-5 weeks), meticulous and did fantastic work on both my slim and fatboy for a very good price. I think I paid $160 for both including postage.

Special day... because yesterday I cut my mullet and now i am looking again like a normal person (I use to have very long hair, but offer it on a rally for getting funds for kids with leukaemia and some one bid and cut it leaving me a super mullet in march. I carried it till yesterday, when it was approaching mid-back)

so started with a nice shower, and then:

razor: maggard
blade: wilkinson (2nd use)
brush: yaqi synthetic
soap: APR CdV
splash: APR CdV
EdP: APR CdV

I got another cut again, very small. I'll need to know better this razor. The rest of the shave awesome. what a scent is this CdV...
I went a bit social today and quite a few people didn't recognise me at first sight with my new haircut. Then I arrived home and missed the eufros lot for some minutes. Yes, this is what happen when you go social to drink. You miss good stuff haha
Have a nice weekend

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.