Shave of the Day Thread - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Date: 23 September 2017... Home sweet home!!

Pre: - Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush: - Semogue SOC 2 Band Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Cream/Soap: - Wholly Kaw - King of Oud (tallow) Donkey Milk :love:
Razor: - Muhle R41 v2013 with the iKon Bulldog Handle
Blade: - Gillette Nacet #1
Post: - Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Bulldog Sensitive Moisturiser

OMG!! I open a new tub of Wholly Kaw King of Oud (tallow) Donkey Milk is a very pleasant relaxing wonderful scent, straight from the tub without face lathering I can smell Bergamot, Lemon, Rose or maybe Rosewood, Sandalwood, Vetiver, and Amber WOW!!. Over all the whole scent while I was building up my face lather and shaving is smell very much like sweet marshmallow along with a freshness of floral, woody and rosy scent in the background is an absolute top performer, post shave and slickness. Because there a lot going on in the fragrance from top, middle and base note all over the place which smell wonderful, aromatic and very pleasant relaxing scent is a real keeper in my den sooo bad. You guys MUST try Wholly Kaw King of Oud (tallow) Donkey Milk you won't be sorry.

It time to grab the Muhle R41 out of my den which has been nearly a whole year since my last shave and is still my favourite razor, the R41 shave very similar to a Colonial General and no....is not a mild razor the R41 is an aggressive razor which you MUST handle with respect or you'll end up in a bloodbath shave or otherwise you'll wake Freddy Krueger from the dead.

Anyway is great to be home again along with my dog since he been worried sick about me for 2 months, still sitting beside me on bed and he still my baby boy which he has turn 4 years old last week. If the weather is nice and cool tomorrow I'm going to take him for a very nice long pleasant relaxing walk.
Welcome home @SpeedyPC :)

Thanks buddy is great to be home safe again, I'll never forget what has happen over there in UK........:( I won't going back there again not for another 2 or maybe 3 years who knows, I'm still very worried about my friends and lodges everyday in London :unsure: with all this terrorism going on is breaking my heart everyday :( people getting hurt is not very nice.

Last edited:
21992765_1693550650657366_6566094938443449754_o.jpg

Brush: Maggards 26mm
Soap: B&M, Cologne Russe
Razor: Ever Ready, E-bar
Blade: PAL (2)

Great shave with the E-bar this morning, the PAL carbon on it's second use I do believe is smoother. It was certainly an agreeable shave with excellent results. The Cologne Russe is a great scent.

Enjoy your Sunday​

Razor: Ever-ready 'E' bar
Blade: GEM (9)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson '46' reknotted in 'pure'
Soap/Cream: Martin de Candre Original shaving soap
Aftershave Splash: Myrsol Antesol splash
Cologne: N/A

The MdC certainly is a great soap. Worth the cost? Hmmm, maybe, certainly very good.

The Myrsol splashes - I keep thinking I will sell them, then I try them again and change my mind!

Good to see you back safe and sound @SpeedyPC !

030C811A-BF6D-42F4-8E38-80B39CD61016_zps1uxote7z.jpg

Pre: Warm Coconut Oil
Soap: APR Alfredus Choice
Brush: Omega Boar
Razor: Wapienica (Hollowed Wedge)
I wasn't overly looking forward to the Wapi as last run with it wasn't brilliant. Maybe it was the 100 laps on the cow/kangaroo strops but
this mornings shave was enjoyable. You can make out the unevenness on the spine and on the heel of the bevel. It's not my favourite razor to hone but worth the mucking round once you get the edge on it.

Nice looking Fatboy!
Now to find a cigar.

Saw a review on gun-kote and basically a very tough product that should last a long time. Also thanks for info on process and yes now to choose a colour scheme.
No worries mate. If you want something a little different than the run of the mill nickel replating then Jays your man. That gun-kote comes in heaps of different colours so the possibilities are endless. :)

Razor: iKon B1 open comb
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (4?)
Brush: 1092 synthetic
Soap: Washpool Farms unscented

I haven't used my Washpool Farms soap in months. I remember it being good. But, my lathering technique must have improved. Because it now lathers like a total boss. In fact, I'd say it lathers better than any other soap I have and most of my soaps perform excellently (note: I don't have MWF or Tabac).

I love everything about it... EXCEPT the scent. There's no question that this is a tallow-based soap. It smells raw and very meaty.
But, you can't question the performance. It is excellent. Period.
Shame it isn't 'Scentless' instead of 'Unscented'.

It's worth noting that I have switched from face-lathering to bowl-lathering and have seen significant improvements.
ToDo: Buy a better lathering bowl than the breakfast bowl I'm currently using.

Razor: Ever-ready 'E' bar
Blade: GEM (1)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream: Klar Seifen Classic shaving soap
Aftershave Splash: Myrsol Formula C splash
Cologne: N/A

The small container is a PITA to load in but the results are still good. In my trip down Myrsol lane Formula C was the next destination - I think I do love my Myrsol ...

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: DR Harris H3 Best Badger
Soap: I Coloniali
Razor: ATT Kronos M2
Blade: Vintage Gillette Platinum Plus (5)
EDC: Acca Kappa 1869

Great suds from the I Coloniali. It has such a unique scent; sort of warm, dusty and musky. Another great three pass shave for DFS+, finished off with the spicy citrus notes of the 1869.

Full_Size_Render.jpg

Pre: Musgo Real Glyce
Brush: Paladin Falstaff Purple Haze 26mm
Soap: Mystic Water Brown Windsor
Razor: Es-Ex 6/8"
Strop: Kanayama
Post-shave: B&M Reserve Cool

Apologies for the dodgy pic. This brush is always a favourite. Whilst I love the handle it is the knot that just blows me a way. Easily the best knot I own (including M&F, numerous Shavemacs and Thaters). The Mystic Water is a great soap. I ordered some a while ago and wasn't that impressed, but I have no idea why. This time around I've found it to be on a par with Stirling and B&M.

Status
Not open for further replies.