Shave of the Day Thread - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Razor: parat
Soap: MWF
Blade: feather (3)
Brush: commodore

Great shave today.
Got to spend some time finishing a fairly rubbish old 50s parlour guitar, the thing was a wreck and I've been tinkering with it now and then for months and getting to finally play it a bit was a treat.
IMG_1031_zpsl65mnyvk.jpg

Date: 25 September 2017

Pre: - Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush: - Semogue SOC 2 Band Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm knot
Cream/Soap: - Wholly Kaw - King of Oud (tallow) Donkey Milk 2x
Razor: - Muhle R41 v2013 with the iKon Bulldog Handle
Blade: - Gillette Nacet #2
Post: - Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Bulldog Sensitive Moisturiser
Fragrance: - Rochas Man

The Return of the Priest Shave
20170925_150649.jpg

Razor: Schick Krona (first use)
Blade: Perma-Sharp SS (1)
Soap: Razorock Tuscan Oud
Brush: AP Shave Co tuxedo 30mm
Post: Alum + Myrsol Agua Balsamica AS + Aramis Havana EdT

Thoughts...
- A favourite soap and AS combo was needed today after a 4 day break. Incidentally, the Souplex was used for a week and was outstandingly close but no teacher shaves at the start of the school holidays. Then I realised that I hadn't played with my Krona! What a lovely razor that gave me a very close 3 pass with pick-ups BBS. Great efficiency for such a smooth shave. The Krona is rising in popularity and I can definitely recommend, especially for new shavers. Finding the angle is easily and the handle is very grippy.

No public appointments this past week and a seriously ugly grandpa beard convinced me to pull out a great straight razor shave tonight. I don't know the soap but it was white with little scent and extremely hard. Lathered well with my Semogue 620 and I think it is a sample @nsavage gave me of MWF.

All round top shave, the soap worked well and no irritation from the razor.

22042197_1694902593855505_283788844356620324_o.jpg

Brush: Vie-Long, horse
Soap: APR, Lixiviant
Razor: Gem, Push Button
Blade: PAL (3)

smooth, smooth, smooth, smooth, smooth!​

How would you describe the results mate ;)

Razor: Ever-ready 'E' bar
Blade: GEM (2)
Brush: Simpson Jubilee
Soap/Cream: Phoenix & Beau Albion shaving soap
Aftershave Splash: Myrsol F./extra splash
Cologne: N/A

I've done it. Put all my winter soaps and scents into the cupboard - we are spring/summer now! Thus the Albion to try. Doesn't grab me on first use, will try again tomorrow.

Even a lather shot - Lather Shots

That is a fantastic looking injector and it sounds like it shaves as good as it looks . Congratulations

1AD55DF9-A5A7-4E39-8073-C33F52A95335_zpszfsctvxw.jpg

Pre: Coconut Oil
Soap: Pb Puck No:1
Brush: Zenith Boar
Razor: Black Hawk
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild
Just got the Titan Mild blades yesterday and thought I'd give them a run although I did get them for the Asylum Rx but won't have a chance to try them in Asylum til later in the week.
As suspected, they are too mild for me in this razor. In some ways the razor drives better with this blade, probably working at the angles it was more designed for. It was a reasonably enjoyable shave except the efficiency wasn't quite there. A relief in some ways as I've got 200 of the Pro Supers to get through.:)
The Titan's could be just the ticket for the Asylum. (looking for the hopeful emoji)

21950095_1695489557130142_5558824339382193596_o.jpg

Brush: Semogue 620
Soap: La Toja
Razor: Gem Contour II
Blade: PAL (4)

I have now run through my SEs from the Damaskeene to this, the Contour II, the last of the Gems. It's been a good SEptember and I have left the finest SE ever made for the last few shaves, starting tomorrow.​

Razor: gem jr
Blade: gem ss (2)
Soap p&b spitfire

Wow! I love the Anne bonny scent!
The performance of the soap is great as well but wow I'll have to look into dr jons

I have an awesome wake up, so I did try my first summery shave xD

hot shower
Razor: maggard
blade: wilkinson (3)
brush: yaqi synthetic
soap: Wolfpac
splash: fine L'Orange noir
balm: TSW
EdP: APR Fresca

The bathroom just smell terrific even after some hours.
It is my first trial on this aussie soap and looks very good... All the scent are really conforting and super nice. Even, a potential SWMBO loved it.
Just makes me funny to think about a vegan soap named Wolfpac :p

Status
Not open for further replies.