Shave of the Day Thread - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id say identical to your one. Except the tray being blue instead of red. Even the tape holding the razor in the tray was in the exact same place.
X0r50fm.jpg
Yes pretty much the same, even the paperwork is Ever Ready products limited. So, my guess is it was made at the same time in the same factory by Ever Ready, only branded as Gem, maybe for export?. I would still say probably late 40s to early 50s. Interesting

First DE Shave Ever
10/02/2017

Pre: - Pears Soap
Brush: - Cheap Amcal Special
Lather: - Strop Shoppe Black Tie
Razor: - Merkur 34C
Blade: - Astra(1)

Exceeded my expectations. Had virtually no irritation on my neck even though I did 3 passes, normally with a cart my neck is a big hot mess.
Actually excited to shave again!

Maybe next time I'll take a picture :)

Congratulations and glad it went so well (y)

Just a word of warning (happened to me): don't overdo it on the second one ;)

TCLPHCv.jpg

Pre-Shave: @khun_diddy Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: RazoRock MJ90-A
Blade: Voskhod (2)
Brush: Nathan Clark Envy White
Lather: Australian Private Reserve Fougere Bourbon Rose
Post-Shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, Australian Emu Oil​

A wonderful shave to start the new week, the Australian Private Reserve soap does not only smell fantastic, it also produces a stellar lather.

I hope you all have a great start into the new week

20171002_151848.jpg

Razor: Souplex OC Chromium (first use)
Blade: Gillette Stainless (1)
Soap: B&M Latha Sandalwood
Brush: AP Shave Co tuxedo 30mm

Thoughts...
- The new Souplex is an aggressive shaver with lots of blade fee. It is a highly efficient razor too like Old Style heads tend to be. It has a similar feel to the PAA Prismatic and a light touch is required. I earned a number of tiny weepers that all resolved themselves but finished with a very good BBS in 3 passes. The beautiful handle is a little too thin for me but will display well.

Hey! I'm back. What did I miss?

hZXY6rQ.jpg

Pre: Arbone RE9 (Exfoliating Wash)
Soap: APR Winterfell
Brush: The Joker (New Forest/TF Handle)
Blade: Kirkuboshi 6/8 Square Full

So life has been stupid busy to the point that I had been shaving every second day. I know right!! But, it's all good and life is great. Lots happening. Been shaving with dull edges and the last couple of days a chipped edge I have had zero time for a stone. I say dull but they weren't that bad, just not my normal standard. So this (long) weekend we finally get away and I get time to put a blade on a stone. This Kirkuboshi was NOS to me and I had been shaving on a slightly touched up factory edge. So I took it back to the 1k, and set my own edge on it. The result is superb (although anything would be after the edges I have been using!) and the splash left me with zero sting. I might as well be splashing water on my face. This was with a three day stubble too so very please to have a moment to get back onto P&C, very please to have a decent shave for a change and hope things have settled down enough this lives pleasure can continue.

PS - Dan (it's been so long I can't remember your P&C handle!), as if you didn't already know this scent is superb and is a close second to my favourite, Frougere Burbon Rose.

PS - Dan (it's been so long I can't remember your P&C handle!), as if you didn't already know this scent is superb and is a close second to my favourite, Frougere Burbon Rose.

Glad you like it, I have had to rename it "Winterfall" for the American market don't you know!

Soap: local gent bay rum
Razor: eclipse red ring
Blade: feather (1)

The soap smells great, not a bayrum to my nose but inoffensive, I'm guessing it must be a glycerin base cause wow the lather sucks but it's slick as, the post on the myrsol is fantastic as usual but the scent is quite meh to me.
I have to say I hate whomever put the Stirling splash samples in the box! I love them so much but I can't buy them :(

Hey! I'm back. What did I miss?

hZXY6rQ.jpg

Pre: Arbone RE9 (Exfoliating Wash)
Soap: APR Winterfell
Brush: The Joker (New Forest/TF Handle)
Blade: Kirkuboshi 6/8 Square Full

So life has been stupid busy to the point that I had been shaving every second day. I know right!! But, it's all good and life is great. Lots happening. Been shaving with dull edges and the last couple of days a chipped edge I have had zero time for a stone. I say dull but they weren't that bad, just not my normal standard. So this (long) weekend we finally get away and I get time to put a blade on a stone. This Kirkuboshi was NOS to me and I had been shaving on a slightly touched up factory edge. So I took it back to the 1k, and set my own edge on it. The result is superb (although anything would be after the edges I have been using!) and the splash left me with zero sting. I might as well be splashing water on my face. This was with a three day stubble too so very please to have a moment to get back onto P&C, very please to have a decent shave for a change and hope things have settled down enough this lives pleasure can continue.

Great photo. Good to see you back @Sxot

20171001_125505.jpg

Razor: 1920S Gillette New Improved OC
Blade: Gillette Stainless (2)
Soap: OSP Rosemary & Peppermint
Brush: AP Shave Co tuxedo 30mm

Thoughts...
- Great Sunday morning shave with some green and fresh products as the weather finally starts to warm up. Two days growth to a BBS in 3 passes.
- These white and red boxed Gillette Stainless blades are smooth shavers! I've only seen @Cris use them before and they were hard to get. I really must use them in a few razors.
Great blades mate!

Razor: Vintage British Gillette Aristrocrat #15
Blade: Vintage NOS British Wilkinson Sword (3)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Rooney 'Bristle and Badger' shaving brush
Soap/Cream: B&M Petrichor shaving soap
Aftershave Splash: B&M Petrichor aftershave
Cologne: N/A

We are meant to have much needed rain this week - so the Petrichor came out to appease the rain gods!

Came out to a foggy Canberra morning - can hardly see the end of the street, what is going on?

Date: 03 October 2017

Pre: - Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush: - Yaqi Tuxedo Synth. 26/62mm knot click here
Lather: - Wholly Kaw - King of Oud (tallow) Donkey Milk 5x
Razor: - Muhle R41 v2013 with the iKon Bulldog Handle
Blade: - Gillette Nacet #5
Post: - Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Bulldog Sensitive Moisturiser
Fragrance: - L'eau D'issey Pour Homme EDT

Last edited:
0HxQIeY.jpg

Occam's Pre
Paladin PK-47
ATT Colossus R1
Feather
L&L Grooming+Chatillon Lux Champs de Lavande
Chatillon Lux Champs de Lavande Salve
Chatillon Lux Champs de Lavande Aftershave
Chatillon Lux Lavender Poivre EDT

Razor: fatboy (4)
Blade: feather (2)
Brush: commodore
Soap: APR mycroft

Thisbead one of my first try's of the APR range. The performance is excellent and the citrus top on the SA Aussie is to die for.

Status
Not open for further replies.