Shave of the Day Thread - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
36800315743_19c27c3b63_b.jpg

Razor: Vintage British Gillette Aristrocrat #15
Blade: Vintage NOS British Wilkinson Sword (4)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Rooney 'Bristle and Badger' shaving brush
Soap/Cream: B&M Petrichor shaving soap
Aftershave Splash: B&M Petrichor aftershave
Cologne: N/A

Still hoping for that rain - while I will be away in Sydney!

Off on a jolly with the lads getting fucking hat racked.

Acqua Di Parma Oud Shower Gel
Acqua Di Parma Cream (tube)
Delta Echo Cubano
Nacet
Antica Barbieria Colla Boar
Acqua Di Parma Collezione Barbiere Balm
Acqua Di Parma Oud Cologne Concentrée

huX6YAh.jpg

O4bq5tI.jpg

pwLY098.jpg

GHnck2m.jpg

La Toja Pre Shave
M&F L7
ATT R1 Colossus
Feather
Eufros Dama De Noche
Eufros Dama De Noche
AP Reserve Lixiviant Aftershave
AP Reserve Lixiviant EDP

36811844563_4374c66150_b.jpg

Great shave thanks to a trade with another member. Love the Lea soap. Don't feel the menthol until the cold rinse at the end when the water is a little colder than usual. The SV balm is similar to the Eufros balm, except a little more oily feel (only just). Very enjoyable.

065ED9A7-BF09-4DDB-BDCF-A7ABA3196703_zpseg7kb5xz.jpg

Pre: Shower
Soap: Tabac
Brush: Omega Boar
Razor: Colonial General Brass
Blade: Feather Pro Super
The General stands out as my favourite SE.
Not a fan of the TABAC. For me I think its best use is for brush maintenance as another member suggested recently. When I received the two Omega brushes and the Vie Long brush the other day, treatment was as follows:
Barbicide - 10 mins and rinse
Vinegar - 10 mins and rinse
Lather and wash brushes with TABAC.
This process seemed to be effective at cleaning up the brushes as the solutions clouded up noticeably and these were brushes that hadn't seen a lot of work.
The barbicide in particular leaves an odour in the brushes which the TABAC seemed ideally suited to deal with. Brushes ready to go.

20171004_122610.jpg

Razor: French Gardette OC (first use)
Blade: Gillette Stainless (2)
Soap: Crown King Vetiver Planet (first use)
Brush: AP Shave Co tuxedo 30mm

Thoughts...
- The soap is a brilliant performer and my first experience with the newer Crown King formula as opposed to PAA. Lovely thick lather that took lots of water and resulted in great glide and residual slickness. The scent is subtle from the container and when the lather hits the face it does grow but this isn’t the vetiver explosion I thought three different EOs would combine to form. I’d call it a 3-4. It Is a natural dry vetiver though and a nice alternative to more sweet green soaps I have. I think I won’t truly know how strong it is till I use it more because the EOs may have settled during the curing process. I’ve recently discovered this with a PAA Amber soap that grows in power with use and I suspect I may have acted too soon in ditching some other subtle scents in the past.
- The APR Pork Chop AS is a hell of a boost to the scent and if you can acquire a bit of this magic vetiver sauce - do!
- The razor is a New Improved clone from France that has more than a passing resemblance to my recently purchased Gillette New Improved Bostonian. It is more aggressive than the Gillette (as I had guessed from my research). Lots of blade feel and a very efficient shave. One side felt more aggressive than the other so I might have to check blade alignment next time - or even try to straighten one end tooth to see what happens. I really like the weight balance with the handle which is a perfect size, attractive and grippy. From two days growth down to BBS with three easy passes. Several tiny weepers that resolved themselves before the alum but I always use alum before APR aftershaves because they’re so moisturising and my oily skin breaks out if I’m not careful.

mNcBQ4e.jpg

Pre-Shave: @khun_diddy Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: RazoRock MJ90-A
Blade: Ladas (1)
Brush: RudyVey Shavemac 2-band Silvertip
Lather: Mike's Lime
Post-Shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, Australian Emu Oil​

Finally the first warm day of the season and I could use one of my favourite summer soaps. The Shavemac 2-band Silvertip is such a fantastic knot and produced the perfect Mike's lather. I have now the razor fully dialled in - mild yet efficient - just a great shave.

I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday (y)

36811844563_4374c66150_b.jpg

Great shave thanks to a trade with another member. Love the Lea soap. Don't feel the menthol until the cold rinse at the end when the water is a little colder than usual. The SV balm is similar to the Eufros balm, except a little more oily feel (only just). Very enjoyable.

How Old is the soap? Looks there has been a recent reformulation of Lea that has even improved the performance, at least, it is stated in spaniard forums where Lea is a widely used and very appreciated brand.

Off on a jolly with the lads getting fucking hat racked.

Acqua Di Parma Oud Shower Gel
Acqua Di Parma Cream (tube)
Delta Echo Cubano
Nacet
Antica Barbieria Colla Boar
Acqua Di Parma Collezione Barbiere Balm
Acqua Di Parma Oud Cologne Concentrée

huX6YAh.jpg

O4bq5tI.jpg

pwLY098.jpg
Now thats what I call "getting out a bit more " mate (y)(y)(y)

Razor: parat
Blade: feather (3)
Soap: Klar's classic
Klar's is a nice no frills soap, not the slickest but good solid performance, the Anne bonny is an awesome clove bomb
:)

How Old is the soap? Looks there has been a recent reformulation of Lea that has even improved the performance, at least, it is stated in spaniard forums where Lea is a widely used and very appreciated brand.
It's the tallow version mate. Probably going to grab a refill puck of the new one next time I do a G&C order (along with lea balm which is brilliant). I think @nav1 did a review comparing the tallow to new versions?

It's the tallow version mate. Probably going to grab a refill puck of the new one next time I do a G&C order (along with lea balm which is brilliant). I think @nav1 did a review comparing the tallow to new versions?

I must check but the new formulation I mentioned is really new.... so it is a new formulation after the older and the precious one, Yo may get the old one in most places in spain currently (not in G&C), so it is a different version from the comarison of @nav1 I'll double check any case.

It is funny because buy Lea soap or BEA (some kind of second low-priced brand from the same brand you can find in super-cheap discount places ridiculously cheap) is a bargain in spain, like La Toja. But looks they are top performers (La Toja it is, because I know it very well, but I have never use Lea yet!) in terms of industrial manufactured soaps. But nowadays La toja is made in eastern europe and Lea is made in Spain (in Vitoria, the basque country).
some people has claimed that if made in other country with another branding, more.... yes, briton, this two brand would be much better considered, but think, in numbers, Lea in spain is cheaper than for example faulding shave in Oz chemist wharehouses.....
It is something I want to try but so far, I am so good discovering and enjoying aussie products... I may have in the future so much time to use spaniards, so rather now I am happy to put my wallet on australian products that are top notch (at the end, it is also where my salary came from ha ha). Need not more so far

I0nNc1p.jpg

Chatillon Lux Pre Shave
Thater fünf
ATT R1 Colossus
Feather
Sudsy Soapery+Chatillon Lux Delor De Treget
Chatillon Lux Delor de Treget Salve
Chatillon Lux Delor de Treget Aftershave
AP Reserve Fresca EDP

Status
Not open for further replies.