37384008560_56cb7b1bb8_c.jpg
37593398876_9f048f8a06_z.jpg

37643020161_9ce119560f_z.jpg

23789206538_95f97b7e9a_z.jpg

23789206838_0ebe91fae8_z.jpg

Pre: Hot Water
Soap: APR Bay City
Brush: Zenith Boar
Razor: 1960 Gillette Fatboy (Settings 5,7,9)
Blade: Rapira
So, meet Sophie. I first met Sophie yesterday. I purchased this Fatboy on eBay in the USA and got the vendor to send direct to Razor Emporium for Rhodium revamping. Wasn't sure if the inscription would come out but obviously it wasn't deep enough to be a problem.
The Fatboy turned up yesterday and got its first run this morning. Very happy with performance. I think I'd choose the Slim over the Fatboy if I had to but this was very nice to use. I think next shave I'll ditch the Rapira and go Nacet or Polsilver but I can't complain about this shave (not even a weeper). Despite the inscription being lost this razor will remain 'Sophie'. Bay City very pleasant match to this shave.

So, meet Sophie. I first met Sophie yesterday. I purchased this Fatboy on eBay in the USA and got the vendor to send direct to Razor Emporium for Rhodium revamping. Wasn't sure if the inscription would come out but obviously it wasn't deep enough to be a problem.
The Fatboy turned up yesterday and got its first run this morning. Very happy with performance. I think I'd choose the Slim over the Fatboy if I had to but this was very nice to use. I think next shave I'll ditch the Rapira and go Nacet or Polsilver but I can't complain about this shave (not even a weeper). Despite the inscription being lost this razor will remain 'Sophie'. Bay City very pleasant match to this shave.

Nice to meet you Sophie. Your, ummm, little work has left you even more beautiful than before it seems :)

Last edited:

Great story and easy way to name your razor. Also good to see what type of damage can be restored.
Looks amazing and flawless.
Hope Sophie treats you well! :happy:

https://i.imgur.com/ayEaFeq.jpg[/img]

qdIPz1O.jpg

Pre-Shave: @khun_diddy Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: BBS-1
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Morris & Forndran Tigris
Lather: Stirling Scots Pine Sheep
Post-Shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, Australian Emu Oil​

Today it was definitely a bit cooler in the morning, so a perfect excuse to use the Stirling Scots Pine Sheep - depending on the weather it might have been for the last time this year. The lather was truly superb and very protective. The shave itself was very close and super smooth - but I had a couple of weepers - I guess I have been shaving with very mild razors for a while...

I hope you all have a terrific Thursday (y)

Razor: Timeless 95
Brush: TF Custom berrylicious with Bob Quinn MW 26mm fan knot
Blade: Rapira Plat Lux (4)
Soap & Post: Eufros Sandalo

Very cruisy work from home shave today. 2 fantastic shaves with the Progress over the last couple of days, has left a great canvas for a shave with the timeless. Didn't push it and got a good result :)

Travelling Box SOTD - 11/10/2017 (Wed)
Razor:
Rockwell 6c (#5)
Blade: Polsilver? (~3?) (Can't remember because I have been running 4 razors concurrently)
Brush: 1092 synthetic
Soap/Cream: Razor Master - "PEKKA"

Ok, this is a follow-up shave from last week where I couldn't get PEKKA to lather properly and, as a result, I suffered some pretty bad razor-burn for several days. I love the aquatic scent and it just *feels* like it should be a great soap. I soooo want it to perform!

Anyway, armed with a brand new lather-bowl, I decided I was all-in.
I scooped some PEKKA out of the sample pod and mooshed it into the base of the bowl. Then, with a wet brush I lathered quite vigorously for well over a minute, adding extra water as I went, in an attempt to remove all the bubbles.
I got huuuuuge amounts of lather; I could have shaved my entire torso with that amount (back and front). And it was definitely denser than last time!

But... Just one pass in, I could already feel some proto-razorburn. Not good.
By the end, it was clear that this was a better shave than last week. But the soap was still waaaaay under-performing.

I typically re-apply my lather after my final pass to condition my skin. In this instance however, I noticed after only a couple of minutes the lather had already dried to a fine powder on my face. :wideyed:
That was the final straw. Pekka, I love your intoxicating scent. But you're just a terrible soap. You're bad for me and I'm done with you. Good luck in your future endeavours. :stop:

I followed up with some B&M "Le Chande Chypre" splash.
Great performance from B&M. Nothing new there.
But, BONUS, today at work I got my first unsolicited compliment! Whoo! I may have to wear LGC more often.
I got a good lather soap, needs lotsa water

Warm water while lathering on a cereal bowl
soap: APR CdV
splash: APR CdV
balm: TSW
EdT: APR CdV
With a shavette The bluebeard Revenge and a yaqi synthetic brush.
Still need to work a bit to get a proper and safe bbs shave with the shavette. I could shave again now, and... maybe I will :D

Pre:
DR Harris shampoo bar,, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Boar

Soap: APR Fougere Bourbon Rose
Razor: Merkur Futur (2)
Blade: Modern Eversharp (1)
EDP: APR Aqua Di Sydney

Hotel Room shave. The lather and scent from the APR Fougere Bourbon Rose was wonderful, even if I had to whip it up in the water glass!
Three passes for a DFS+.
And as I am in Sydney, the choice of fragrance was obvious ;)

Razor: Japanese Kamisori
Soap: haslinger
Brush: commodore
Nice close shave, waiting on my final 2 assessments to be returned to me but I’m pretty happy, I got my classes done in 2 weeks which while working full time seems like a great result.

Status
Not open for further replies.