Not open for further replies.
foV79D7.jpg

Pre-Shave: SebaMed, cold water
Razor: ATT S-1 Colossus
Blade: Ladas (1)
Brush: Morris & Forndran Tigris
Lather: Stirling Gin & Tonic
Post-Shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, Australian Emu Oil​

The ATT S1 is such and agile and smooth razor - yet the end result was a very close shave. This was my first use of Stirling's Gin & Tonic - a very nice and refreshing scent, that comes to live, when you lather it up - and what a fantastic Stirling lather I got today...

I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday (y)

Great PR picture @todras - now where is my 85% discount coupon :D :D :D

How new is your Thater and how do you like it?

Its very new, I bought it on a whim as I really liked the design of the brush and wanted to try a H.L.Thäter brush as they enjoy a solid reputation for making high quality badgers. i have found it very gentle on the face and with enough backbone that I can load it heavily which is what I like to do.

Overall, it's definitely a keeper and a brush I really enjoy using :)

That's an ikon bulldog handle right?

I have a New LC head but none of my handles fit it... They screw on but the topcap didn't tighten down the blade.

I have yet to try my bulldog handle on it (traveling at the moment) but seeing your pic gives me confidence.
Yes @nav1 - Ikon handle - fits well on the NEW

Razor: supply v2 (2)
Blade: supply
Soap: Squadron scramble
Brush: commodore
I’ve decided I have to try the aggressive plate for this razor, the shaves I get are good from plate 2 but I would say the razor is a little more mild than my vintage Merkur slant.
Additionally my days of leisure are drawing to a close, I was offered the role yesterday and I have accepted. Just waiting on paperwork :)
Extra cool thing is that I’m not taking a pay cut to change industry, really couldn’t ask for anything more.
Guitar I ordered 4 months ago is due today... but they have been optimistic with the progress of this guitar In the past so we will see.
Congrats @Ferret619 ! Great work Mate - your FUnemployment didn't last long !

Date: 25 October 2017 "SOTN"

Pre: - Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush: - Semogue SOC 2 Band Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm
Lather: - Wholly Kaw - Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli Limited Edition (tallow) Donkey Milk 5x
Bowl: - Captain's Choice Cobalt
Razor: - Colonial Razors ~ General SS
Blade: - Feather Artist Club Professional #8
Post: - Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Bulldog Original Moisturiser
Whisky: - Ardbeg 10yrs Old

I've transfer my on going feather pro blade from the General aluminium head to the SS General..... All I can say is HOLY COW!! I'm completely speechless and totally gob-smacked because the SS General is the heavier razor in my den and lot more efficient than the General aluminium head, I didn't have any issue shaving with the General aluminium head attach with a ikon Bulldog handle this was my very first single edge razor in my den. I've never felt this razor that heavy against all my other razors since I've been wet shaving for nearly 3 years, the SS General weight is about 120 grams I strongly advise you to be very cautious with this SS General if you don't watch your angle and speed. I've had a small nick on my right side jaw line and under the right jaw line going WTG as I'm right handed can be a little tricky, shaving XTG & ATG is pretty easy to control the razor because you can't apply any pressure as the head balance perfectly going XTG and there's no pressure shaving ATG going under on your neck which is pretty smooth.

You can be very safe shaving from razor burn and irritation on your neck with the SS General going WTG, XTG and ATG as YMMV, just be cautious going WTG when you reach the jaw line because everybody has a different curve or shape of the there own jaw line otherwise this razor can bite you too soon if you don't pay attention to your shave. The SS General is going to take a while for me getting used to because the weight is a learning curve along my jaw line, so far I'm really enjoying the shave with the SS General and when I master the weight hopfully I should be able to used the feather pro super blade very soon or maybe go back to the Schick Proline.....will see. Follow by a nice relaxing smooth drink of Ardbeg 10yrs Old after my shave is very enjoyable, I'm looking forward to my next shave again with the SS General and I strongly advise you all.... you MUST get yourself a SS General in your den otherwise you could missed out this fantastic razor and the shave, I'm very glad to have a both SS General and the General aluminium head attach with a ikon Bulldog handle in my den.

Last edited:
Sun is back to Hobart, so I could procrastinate/work at home in the backyard under the sun and afterwards do some social drinking with my working mates in the afternoon at the office. Men, sun is awful when you try to do something with a computer outdoors ha-ha

mergrass
Gillette 7 O'Clock
yaqi synthetic
wolfpack "Italian orchard"
APR suitably australian splash
APR suitably australian balm
APR Fresca EdP

nice and close shave. this soap was a cool orange summer scent, almost like an ice cream. I feel it having a lack of residual slickness but it does its work pretty well, I can shave with it careless, and I enjoy orangish scents. Probably it may be the lack of tallow?. That's the 4th Ozzy artisan I have tried, I reckon there is at least one more for me to try, whisper from the woods or something like this. There are of course more, but I reckon quite a few are made from companies that are artisan soap makers, not focussed directly on shaving world.

Congratulations @Ferret619 I hope you enjoyed your short FUNemployment period :)

Additionally my days of leisure are drawing to a close, I was offered the role yesterday and I have accepted. Just waiting on paperwork :)
Extra cool thing is that I’m not taking a pay cut to change industry, really couldn’t ask for anything more...

Congrats mate! Well done :)

Razor: supply v2 (2)
Blade: supply
Soap: Squadron scramble
I’ve decided I have to try the aggressive plate for this razor, the shaves I get are good from plate 2 but I would say the razor is a little more mild than my vintage Merkur slant.
Extra cool thing is that I’m not taking a pay cut to change industry, really couldn’t ask for anything more.
Guitar I ordered 4 months ago is due today... but they have been optimistic with the progress of this guitar In the past so we will see.
You really suck at unemployment, Mate.
Well done and congratulations! :ROFLMAO:

Pre-Shave: long shower (far too long)
Razor: SS Colonial General
Blade: Feather AC pro
Brush: St James of London, synthetic
Lather: Shaver Heaven: Oatmeal Stout
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayer's unscented
Splash: B&M Leviathan

My first shave with the SS Colonial General.
This is a very heavy razor. Easily the heaviest I own: 125g according to my kitchen scales.

It looks beautiful and the handle not only suits the aesthetic, but is also very effective.

This shave was interesting. The General is a mild razor, yet the blade is ludicrously sharp. I thought I was getting razor burn. But at the end I had far less Alum feedback than usual while also getting an amazingly close shave.
My skin was a little tender all day... But it's been like than for my last 3-4 shaves, all with different razors and soaps. So, I think it might be a combination of work/sleep issues.

The Oatmeal Stout was wonderful as always and pairs quite well with the Leviathan splash. It smells almost like a meal+desert combo.

I am happy with the General so far. It is quite unique in my den and I'm sure it'll get regular use.

Note to self: Start adding SOTD pics.

October 23, 2017

Brush: Omega Synthetic Hi-Brush
Soap: Proraso Green
Razor: Gillette Slim (+4)
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Green (3)
A/S: Pinaud Clubman

This particular Slim (I have two) has not been used very much since I bought it because the 1/4 turn that locks the head of the razor has been inoperable. Today, after a few drops of a low-viscosity oil, the 1/4 turn finally began working as it should. It was surprising when the twist knob began to turn that extra 1/4 turn as I had tried soaking it in hot water and detergent or baking soda, etc., to no avail. I even tried lighter fluid.

The difficulty was that when I first got the razor the lock would not engage. I wasn't sure why and so was reluctant to use too much pressure in trying to turn the knob that extra 1/4 turn, fearing it could damage the razor's mechanism. So today, after adding the bit of oil (and against all advice), I tightened the razor down in setting 1 and then turned the dial to 9. When I then twisted the doors open, it was quite apparent that the 1/4 turn was finally working. By then working the knob a bit, the problem was resolved and the razor began working as it should.

I guess I am OC. The razor worked just fine without the 1/4 turn, but that it wouldn't make that extra turn drove me to distraction. In any event, today's was a DFS.

Last edited:
Thank you for the kind words guys, means a lot.

iM3I3h1.jpg

Chatillon Lux Pre Shave Butter
Morris & Forndran 3XL 30mm
Timeless
Feather
AP Reserve Fresca
Chatillon Lux Colonia Balsamica Salve
AP Reserve Fresca Aftershave
Chatillon Lux Colonia Balsamica EDT

Razor: supply v2 plate 3
Blade: supply (3)
Soap: sharp dressed man

I need to figure this razor out.. I’m getting quite mild results.
This is a very mind yet extremely smooth razor
Experiment with different angles,with handle almost perpendicular to face

Status
Not open for further replies.