Shave of the Day Thread - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Razor: Vintage British NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Feather (5)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Rooney Bristle & Badger shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Officina Profumo - Farmaceutica di Santa Maria Novella Firenze, Crema da Barba
Aftershave: Officina Profumo - Farmaceutica di Santa Maria Novella Firenze, Lozione dopo Barba - Tabacco Toscano

After four days of the same I needed a change.

The honeymoon is over though with this hardware combination. Wether the blade is too long in the tooth or my technique got lazy, it was a messy shave. Weepers and simply not as smooth. Time to ditch the Feather my thinks ...

2DQMmyq.jpg

La Toja Pre Shave
Paladin
ATT Colossus R1
Gillette Nacet
AP Reserve Fresca Shaving Soap
AP Reserve Fresca Aftershave
Chatillon Lux Colonia Balsamica Salve
AP Reserve Fresca EDP

Rockwell 6S (4)
Lord Racer blade (4)
Razorock P.160
P&C Platypus 26mm fan
Re-lather and cold rinse

This soap has been sitting unopened in the bottom of my drawer for a long time. Gave it a whirl today and once I worked out how much to use it was actually pretty good. Very similar to Cella but maybe with a tad more residual slickness. I will have to do a few back to back shaves to compare. The scent is typical italian almond but something else came through the almond towards the end that had me thinking "laundry detergent". This could just be a function of how old the tub is but sitting here I am getting a slight tingling probably from the benzaldehyde - I used to get that with my tub of Cella too but don't anymore. It has sat in my drawer a long time and I bought it second hand unused. Shave was good but I should have gone to plate 6 earlier - I needed a few touch ups after 3 passes and am still only DFS. BBS or bust baby!

My use of AS Gel yesterday gave me a zit last night right on cue. I should have learnt my lesson by now about post shave product... alcohol bases give me irritation and everything else gives me zits!

Date: 23 November 2017 "SOTD"

Pre: - Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush: - RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Lather: - Route 66 ~ Bay Lime Twist 6x
Bowl: - Captain's Choice
Razor: - Fatip Grande Open Comb
Blade: - Gillette Nacet #3
Post: - Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / L'Oreal Hydra Sensitive Aftershave Balm with Birch Sap
Fragrance: - Dolce&Gabbana Pour Homme

26814850649_d952a00503_c.jpg

Soap: Pb Bay/Lime MkII
Brush: Omega Boar
Razor: Brass General
Blade: Feather Pro Super
Still trying to work this soap out. Seemed to be a bit foamy whilst bowl lathering but it's fine on the face. Good face feel and shaved well. Good post shave feel. Nice shave with the General. Was in a screaming hurry and nicked my nose but the General is generally very forgiving.:)

Date: 23 November 2017 "SOTD"

Pre: - Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush: - RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Lather: - Route 66 ~ Bay Lime Twist 6x
Bowl: - Captain's Choice
Razor: - Fatip Grande Open Comb
Blade: - Gillette Nacet #3
Post: - Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / L'Oreal Hydra Sensitive Aftershave Balm with Birch Sap
Fragrance: - Dolce&Gabbana Pour Homme
Did you get the menthol Tabex or just two of the others?

Razor: Vintage British NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Feather (5)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Rooney Bristle & Badger shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Officina Profumo - Farmaceutica di Santa Maria Novella Firenze, Crema da Barba
Aftershave: Officina Profumo - Farmaceutica di Santa Maria Novella Firenze, Lozione dopo Barba - Tabacco Toscano

After four days of the same I needed a change.

The honeymoon is over though with this hardware combination. Wether the blade is too long in the tooth or my technique got lazy, it was a messy shave. Weepers and simply not as smooth. Time to ditch the Feather my thinks ...

Very surprised you got to five on the feathers. After three they feel like they are done for me.

So what is the next combo? Don't have a Gillette #15 or #20 so can't join in :(

Very surprised you got to five on the feathers. After three they feel like they are done for me.

So what is the next combo? Don't have a Gillette #15 or #20 so can't join in :(

Yeah, definitely a shave two far...

What have you got going tomorrow and I'll see if I can match it :)

Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' Adjustable (5)
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Stainless 'Aussie Spoiler' (1)
Brush: Simpson LE 19/150 Jubilee shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) les généraux du grand livre shaving soap
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) les généraux du grand livre splash
Cologne: Australian Private Reserve (APR) les généraux du grand livre EDP

WOW, I forget how good this is sometimes - a MUST have in my shaving kit. Even a photo to prove the shave this morning -

(Note artistic use of two levels!)

mKaQ4xh.jpg

Chatillon Lux Pre shave Butter
Hoffritz 103
ATT Colossus R1
Feather
StoryBook Soapworks + Chatillon Lux La Forêt de Liguest shaving Soap
Chatillon Lux La Forêt de Liguest Salve
Chatillon Lux La Forêt de Liguest Aftershave
Chatillon Lux La Forêt de Liguest EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.