DECLARATION/WOLF WHISKERS DWW-3 30MM
SQUADRON SCRAMBLE
SQUADRON SCRAMBLE SPLASH

Rockwell 6S (6)
Lord Racer blade (5)
Razorock P.160
Omega 48
Re-lather and cold rinse

Another go with this soap and it was a better result. I quite like it really and will try to get used to it before trying Cella again to compare but they are really quite close in performance. A very nice DFS+ as I was in a bit of a hurry today...

Qk6OCW2.jpg

LA TOJA MAGNO
GILLETTE ADJUSTABLE ARISTOCRAT
POLSILVER SUPER IRIDIUM
DECLARATION/WOLF WHISKERS DWW-3 30MM
SQUADRON SCRAMBLE
SQUADRON SCRAMBLE SPLASH
That is a lovely looking Slim Aristocrat (y)

78cc0f4f65.png

Took a lead from @Mark1966 and did a vintage blade shave.

Pre: hot wash
Brush: Yaqi Timber wolf 26mm
Soap: APR General Ledger
Razor: Gillette Fatboy F3 (9-6)
Blade: Gillette Blade Klinger Extra G1 (1)
A/S: Pinaud Clubman Gent's Gin

Interesting shave brought on by me opening my mouth. So the Fatboy cane out which isn't my favourite and so used twice, now three times.
Blade worried me as it was the same age as the razor. Very surprised how smooth it was after the roughness disappeared by the second cheek. So second pass was enjoyable and less cautious. Will use them again.
Close shave and enlightening as I hated my Fatboy before. Guess the technique has improved.. cough cough.
So second pass was enjoyable and less cautious. Will use them again.
Oh, the APR general Ledger grows on me. First time thought the soap base over powered the scent and now my opinion had completely changed. Stand out scent and loved it this morning which was warmer than normal. Smashed the performance with the Yaqi brush.
Gents Gin was lovely. Lime light powdery scent with floral midtones and wood base. Old skool but different.
Cleaned up the dry patches with the Nivea balm.

Until Monday (y)

Shaves from yesterday and today (yesterday I had problems to post). Products used are self evident, but the blade, that was a gillette 7 O'clock. And today, I bloom a bit the soap for a couple of minutes. I never have found that necessary, but It is nice, and help using more soap each time. I made so much lather that I almost went to the shower to give it a nice use rather than just cleaning my hands (thats normally what I do with the remaining lather :) ). I guess I will do it more often

Yesterday

sOJ4XYI.jpg

Today

lc6KPfp.jpg

I am quite unhappy with my phone pictures lately... Shall I ended up with the reflex, the macro, and a tripod on the bathroom? ha ha ha

Australian Private Reserve Santal Soap
Antica Barbieria Colla Boar
King Pelican 32
Australian Private Reserve Santal Splash
Australian Private Reserve Santal EdP

0Ob18CX.jpg

I’ve torn one of my calf muscles and I’m on crutches. Feeling sorry for myself I needed a big hug and some comfort food and nothing does that better than APR Santal. Smooth and smelling good.

The cricket has the potential to cheer me up, maybe...

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Super Badger
Soap: P&B Spitfire
Razor: ATT Kronos M2
Blade: Personna Lab (2)
EdT: Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet

Watched a cracking BBC doco on The Battle of Britain this evening, so my choice of soap was a no brainer.
Personna Lab Blue blades are favoured by many shavers, but I don't seem to get on with them all that well. Never bad enough to write off, but they don't seem to suit my skin type (but then again neither do Feathers).
Minor grip aside, a reasonable shave and lovely post-shave feel with the Phoenix & Beau soap and fresh soothing menthol-tinged application of Myrsol Emulsion. Face feeling wonderful now, and kept the British theme going with the EdT.

As Winnie said - "Never, in the field of human conflict, was so much, owed by so many, to so few."

23845540_1753227038023060_8365826264937611940_o.jpg

Brush: Simpsons PJ2
Soap: Squadron, Red Lead
Razor: Gillette, Fat Boy (8)
Blade: Silver Star

My first time using the Fat Boy. I was enjoying driving this around so much that I took a couple of corners too fast and got nicked. Very nice shave though and loving the Red Lead/ Old Spice combination.

Have a great weekend​

Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' Adjustable (5)
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Stainless 'Aussie Spoiler' (2)
Brush: P&C (Tony Forsyth) LE 2017 24mm bulb Playplus shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) les généraux du grand livre shaving soap
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) les généraux du grand livre splash
Cologne: Australian Private Reserve (APR) les généraux du grand livre EDP

Dam. Fine. Shave.

Date: 25 November 2017 "SOTM"

Pre: - Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush: - Yaqi Mysterious Space Tuxedo Synth. 26/57mm knot
Lather: - Route 66 ~ Bay Lime Twist 7x
Bowl: - Captain's Choice
Razor: - Colonial Razors ~ General SS
Blade: - Feather Professional Super #2
Post: - Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Bulldog Original Moisturiser
Fragrance: - Dolce&Gabbana Pour Homme

38591898662_d622e669a9_z.jpg

Pre: Coconut Oil
Soap: Pb Tonka n Tamanu
Brush: Shavemac
Razor: Asylum Rx
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild
Interesting shave this morning with first run of the Tonka n Tamanu. I used the Shavemac to deliberately try and foam up the lather which it did a bit. Took loads of water. Lather settled nicely on the face into the creamy layer yesterdays test lather suggested it would. The Asylum is a good test for a lather, being an aggressive razor (even with the Titan Mild). Both lather and razor performed well to a DFS shave.
The scent was interesting and I don't normally describe scents with colours but this was a green/brown scent. Some notes reminding me of Fantome de Menthol even though there's no Spearmint or Lime in the Tonka n Tamanu. I'm guessing the green notes were coming from the Marjoram, Hemp, Tamanu and some aspects of the Tonka, and the brown notes (earthy scents) from the Patchouli, Benzoin, Tonka and also the Hemp and Tamanu. I was quite surprised at the earthiness of the scent.:)

Wssxtqj.jpg

Pre-Shave: SebaMed, cold water
Razor: Guerrilla
Blade: Ladas (2)
Brush: Maseto 2-band Finest
Lather: Mike's Lime
Post-Shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, Australian Emu Oil​

What a wonderful shave after three days - the Guerrilla is such versatile razor and gives such smooth shaves and the stellar Mike's lather was certainly no disadvantage.

I hope you all have a fantastic weekend (y)

20171125_170338.jpg

And Roam, my favourite B&M scent, is done. Which makes it the first soap I've finished (it was a BST and heavily used beforehand so it's not just me). This was my first shave with a Kai Captain SE blade in the General. Smooth and maybe a hair less efficient than the Feather Pros I'm used to. Mind you, that could be because I'm using the light aluminium handle rather than my thick and heavy SS Windrose handle.

20171125_170338.jpg

And Roam, my favourite B&M scent, is done. Which makes it the first soap I've finished (it was a BST and heavily used beforehand so it's not just me). This was my first shave with a Kai Captain SE blade in the General. Smooth and maybe a hair less efficient than the Feather Pros I'm used to. Mind you, that could be because I'm using the light aluminium handle rather than my thick and heavy SS Windrose handle.

That Roam is an interesting scent!

Status
Not open for further replies.