Shave of the Day Thread - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Bozley82 - how do you find the Wickham Russian Leather Scent? I've got Club Cola, which is really interesting, but I like leather scents, hence the question.
I absolutely love it. When i was a kid Imperial Leather was just about the only soap mum would buy, so it has quite a few memories attached. It is very close to the original Imperial Leather soap, but i find it a lot sweeter which i think the amber in it has a lot to do with. :)

2a2bCl2.jpg

Pre-Shave: SebaMed, cold water
Razor: BBS-1
Blade: Voskhod (2)
Brush: Thäter 2-band Bulb
Lather: Mike's Lime
Post-Shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, Australian Emu Oil​

A very nice shave on a very hot day - it was definitely a Lime day and the great Mike's lather delivered.

I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday (y)

Eufros - Agarwood
ABC Boar
King Pelican
Dior Privée Leather Oud

N6dtp9O.jpg

There’s some bold visual and olfactory statements going on with today’s SOTD. I’m leaving a trail of animalic sexual evocation in my wake today like a lascivious Pied Piper...
...on crutches :ROFLMAO:

I absolutely love it. When i was a kid Imperial Leather was just about the only soap mum would buy, so it has quite a few memories attached. It is very close to the original Imperial Leather soap, but i find it a lot sweeter which i think the amber in it has a lot to do with. :)
@Bozley82 and @beerhog - thanks for the feedback. It sounds right up my alley. If you haven't tried it, you guys should check out Geo. F. Trumper's Spanish Leather Cologne - to me, it is a super-classy version of the classic Imperial Leather soap scent.

@Bozley82 and @beerhog - thanks for the feedback. It sounds right up my alley. If you haven't tried it, you guys should check out Geo. F. Trumper's Spanish Leather Cologne - to me, it is a super-classy version of the classic Imperial Leather soap scent.
That does sound good. Men's Biz has 100ml bottles of it. Very tempting.

Date: 29 November 2017 "SOTN"

Pre: - Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush: - Yaqi Mysterious Space Tuxedo Synth. 26/57mm fan knot
Lather: - Route 66 ~ Bourbon Jungle 2x
Bowl: - Captain's Choice
Razor: - Colonial Razors ~ General SS
Blade: - Feather Professional Super #3
Post: - Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Bulldog Original Moisturiser

Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' Adjustable (5)
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Stainless 'Aussie Spoiler' (7)
Brush: P&C (Tony Forsyth) LE 2017 24mm bulb Playplus shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) les généraux du grand livre shaving soap
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) les généraux du grand livre splash
Cologne: Australian Private Reserve (APR) les généraux du grand livre EDP

Same as yesterday?

Yep, when the clock has as 4 as the first number the brain doesn't work all that well ...

Still, a mighty fine choice

38688252682_e3364a4516_z.jpg

Soap: Tabac
Brush: Zenith Boar
Razor: Muhle R41 Twist
Blade: Feather (1)
Post: Jojoba and some self recrimination for using this combo.
Not the most enjoyable shave this morning. The feather in the R41 did the job but was just uncomfortable and not efficient.

RjT5qjj.jpg

Musgo Glyce
Saponifico Varesino 29mm
Mergress XL
Feather
Saponifico Varesino Stella Alpina Shaving Soap
Saponifico Varesino Stella Alpina Aftershave Balm
AP Reserve suitably Attired Summer EDP

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017
Soap: APR Fougère Bourbon Rose
Razor: ATT Kronos S1
Blade: Personna Super Iridium (2)
EdP: De Marley Galloway Royal Essence

Sometimes you have to be away from a product for a while to appreciate how good it really is. Such is the case with the APR Fougère Bourbon Rose soap.
Wonderful lather, and the scent is, well, majestic. A perfect medium for my first slant shave with the ATT S1 plate. I can sum first impressions in three words - smooth and efficient. Let me try that again - SMOOTH and efficient. I was tempted to check to see if I'd forgotten to slip in a blade!
I can't say that it was perfect - I'm still experimenting with finding the optimum angle of engagement, but it is very forgiving, and I am very impressed with it on first use.
Three passes for a DFS. THe Galloway EdP was a nice match with the soap scent.

Ever considered trying a synthetic brush @bald as ?

I have 3 synthetics and they are excellent brushes. Very good lather but there is something about the lather for me that falls short. My only real comment is the experience seems to lack life, no real warmth. I will try one again tonight though.

I hear ya @bald as . I've been trying with a (generously gifted) badger brush as well, but I just cannot achieve the same quality of lather as with a boar.

Then I look at @alfredus lather shots, all with a badger brush..... o_O

It is a sight to behold at our Adelaide get together when @alfredus and @nsavage present their newest Badger additions to the ever expanding colony of badgers. Almost one more each time.:yuck::whistle: Without a doubt the secret with any brush is to load. Load and load some more. Soap isn't that expensive to skimp on. I often bag badgers, the brushes, but only in fun, they are excellent brushes and each person finds the best fit for his shaving experience. We probably need to convince @alfredus to record a badger lathering tutorial :sneaky:

Steve

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.