Shave of the Day Thread - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
37f01e57b370b22a24288087b5717cfb.jpg

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Antesol and Emulsion
Brush: P&C LE Platypus 2017
Soap: Soap Testing
Razor: Gillette Aristocrat #22/66
Blade: Vintage English Gillette Platinum (4)
Splash: APR Lavende violette

Well, that just might be my best shave so far this year.
I switched back to the Aristocrat (with same blade), and focused a little more on technique. Shave was very close and pretty comfortable, although clearly more blade feel. I was at DFS+ after 2 passes; achieved BBS after 3 passes and a wee bit of clean-up.
I am soap testing, and after reading @alfedus' post, won't name the soap until I've consulted the source. Suffice to say I was very impressed with scent, performance and post-shave feel.

Razor: Vintage Gillette NEW head on TSW 'Bren' handle
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Stainless 'M4' 1967 (4)
Brush: Vintage Butterscotch Simpson 'H2' boar
Soap/Cream: Le Père Lucien Le Savon du Barbier
Aftershave: Myrsol Agua Balsamica

'Hump Day' is here and ...

a new month!

Happy Autumn everybody :)

SOTD! 01/03/2017

Pre: Col. preshave oil after hot shower (trying this sample)
Razor: 1965 Gillette Slim Adjustable (on setting 2)
Blade: Feather Stainless
Brush: Omega white Boar.
Soap: Squadron Soaps-group captains blend
After: Thayers witch hazel aftershave with ahloe
Balm: The Stray Whisker after balm with witch hazell and menthol

wLfY3Jr.jpg

Pre: Nil
Brush: Simpsons vintage butterscotch.
Soap: B&M Night Music
Razor: GEM Flat Top Heavy
Blade: GEM Coated (I forget!)

So I love night music and as you know it's a polarizing scent so I've been putting it under everyone's nose to see how they react. Took it into the Mrs this morning and asked her what she thought. "It smells like poo" was her reply. :D Too bad. Son & 1 daughter like it, other daughter no. Anyway so off I go and shave. Mrs has to leave so she comes in for a kiss as she does, mid shave. Watching her screw her face up as she was forced into close proximity to the lather on my face was priceless. I'm going to enjoy this scent.

So shave was good although the blade was wrong. It wasn't tugging but sure did feel dull. I don't think it had that many shaves on it but I will bin it none the less. I don't use disposables very often and they probably corrode and dull whilst sitting the drawer for weeks waiting on the next use.

Shower
Feather AC DX with Pro Super blade (7)
Proraso brush 27/60mm
Crabtree and Evelyn "Nomad" cream
Re-lather and cold rinse

3 pass WTG/ATG/ATG BBS shave - one tiny weeper on the last pass but it was gone by the end of the shave. Something in this cream gave me a slight redness but it was gone quickly. A very nice shave...

A Day in the Heat Shave
20170301_163619.jpg

Razor: Merkur Futur (4)
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock SS (1)
Soap: TOBS Peppermint
Brush: TF Synthetic

Thoughts...
- Whole work day in the heat. I needed cold therapy before aircon and this combo was a delight after a peppermint soap shower.

Caties Bubbles "A Midnight Dreary" soap
Rudy Vey AS3M TGN Finest 2 band 21/45 'Gold Swirl' resin
Gillette 'Milord' 1946 (endocarps but no notch)

Gillette Platinum (3)
Chatillon Lux 'Champs de Lavande'
APR "General's Ledger" splash

A cool and very wet morning in Sydney for the start of Autumn.

My first use of the Caties Bubbles 'A Midnight Dreary' soap apparently inspired by Tom Ford's "Black Orchid" which seems to be a pretty polarising fragrance. The name sounds depressing but lather is top-notch! I wish the soap was presented in the larger containers - I used the small Rudy Vey brush as the container wouldn't allow a much larger brush any room. I have a cold, but to my nose the main scent was floral, maybe some jasmine, sweet vanilla and of reasonable scent intensity. I will use again when my sense of smell recovers!

Smooth shave with the gold "Milord" which is essentially a gold version the "Ranger Tech" and shaves exactly the same - quite light, easy to manoeuvre and mild but smooth 3-pass shave.

Finishing off with some lavender balm and a splash of the "General's Ledger" from @todras for a good start to a new Season.

Shave on cobbers :inpain:
https://flic.kr/p/RgD4kq

Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza Gel Shampoo E Doccia

Saponificio Varesino Grail

Acqua di Parma Collezione Barbiere Cream

Semogue OC 2012 Special Edition

King Pelican 32

Pelican Nichiri Co Strop

Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza Balsamo Dopobarba

Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza Edizione Speciale (Tuxedo)​

4F38EF9F-5790-47CB-B637-94F6F1458B13_zpsfykkzmfo.jpg

Big P and Verdi La Traviata - Brindisi playing in the background

A lovely bright and fresh winter morning. I'm willing spring in to use this set up more, fantastico.

sxQgz7M.jpg

March 1st, 2017

Rockwell 6s
Polsilver SI
Thater 2 Band
Shaving Shop Online "The Deal Maker"

Great shave this morning with this terrific soap. The soap is somewhat different to the other soaps I own from the "secret" artisan who makes it and the soap created a lather a lot quicker and easier than I am accustomed to with this particular brand. No matter though as the lather was fantastic, nice and protective and slick. It did not take on as much water as I expected either although I do feel that I could have possibly added a lot more than I did so perhaps some user error. The splash performed admirably and does everything I would expect it to. Only complaint today is that my photo game is slightly off point but you can't win them all I guess.

sxQgz7M.jpg

March 1st, 2017

Rockwell 6s
Polsilver SI
Thater 2 Band
Shaving Shop Online "The Deal Maker"

Great shave this morning with this terrific soap. The soap is somewhat different to the other soaps I own from the "secret" artisan who makes it and the soap created a lather a lot quicker and easier than I am accustomed to with this particular brand. No matter though as the lather was fantastic, nice and protective and slick. It did not take on as much water as I expected either although I do feel that I could have possibly added a lot more than I did so perhaps some user error. The splash performed admirably and does everything I would expect it to. Only complaint today is that my photo game is slightly off point but you can't win them all I guess.
The knot looks stunning (y)

Full_Size_Render.jpg

Razor: Rockwell 6S - 2
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (3)
Brush: Semogue SOC Boar
Soap: L&L Fougère, Bison Tallow

This has been my shave for the past few days.

This L&L bison tallow soap is different!. It's very soft. I learned that I need to start with a wetter brush than usual and not be so heavy handed building the lather, otherwise I just end up gouging the soap. :wtf:

The lather is thick and very slick, I don’t know if it is even possible to make a watery lather with this stuff. It doesn’t seem to dry out the same way other soaps can, I think it would be a great straight razor soap! The scent is to my surprise, taking a bit of time to grow on me.

Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza Gel Shampoo E Doccia

Saponificio Varesino Grail

Acqua di Parma Collezione Barbiere Cream

Semogue OC 2012 Special Edition

King Pelican 32

Pelican Nichiri Co Strop

Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza Balsamo Dopobarba

Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza Edizione Speciale (Tuxedo)​

4F38EF9F-5790-47CB-B637-94F6F1458B13_zpsfykkzmfo.jpg

Big P and Verdi La Traviata - Brindisi playing in the background

A lovely bright and fresh winter morning. I'm willing spring in to use this set up more, fantastico.

Nice work, Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.