Shave of the Day Thread - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Razor: Vintage Gillette NEW head on TSW 'Bren' handle
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Stainless 'M4' 1967 (6)
Brush: Vintage Butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream: Squadron Soap - Group Captain's Blend
Aftershave: Myrsol Don Juan 1919

Well I could resist no longer, gave the Group Captain's Blend a run this morning. Great first impression, well done @SchoolForAnts !

I will add some thoughts over at the existing review thread - Squadron Soaps Group Captain's Blend - once I've had some more uses under my belt.

free image hosting

Soap: Proraso Sensitive

Brush: Maggards synthetic 26mm

Razor: Eveready Featherlite

Blade: Gem (5 ish)

Another rainy morning in the Gong but a great shave.
It is noticeable how close the SE shaves and how much less slickness is left on the face, after a using a DE for a couple of weeks. Closer but not smoother.
All in all a great shave and I almost feel I could claim a BBS! But no, the more my technique improves the higher my standards get​

dfede678fd22d0d0b034cc431894aaa6.jpg

SLMsDkE.jpg

Musgo Glyce
Doug Korn D7
Timeless
Feather
L&L Darkfall
L&L Darkfall
APR EDP

Torrential rain at the moment and finally the season to break out the Darkfall that I acquired some months past. A brooding composition of dark benzoin, balsam and agarwood with a smear of cinnamon and clove at the point forming a nice spice cape - very well executed and very muddy. The lather from the Bison tallow is exceptional, L&L are really one of the best artisans on the block with their current soap base and it makes an incredibly slick lather with superb post shave qualities. Definitely one people should try, their new range of fragrances will launch shortly ;)

Enjoy your shaves you glorious bastards :penguin:

Forza Fougere Shave
20170303_063717.jpg

Razor: Merkur Futur (4)
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock SS (2)
Soap: OSP Fougere Soap (first time)
Brush: TF Synthetic

Thoughts...
- I was too scared and tired to try the Micromatic last night. Will do on the weekend.
- Wow. This is a very herbal scented soap and if you like Pino you will like OSP Fougere. Peppery ferns, forrest and furry creatures abound and they pair really well. The soap performance lived up to ALL the hype; it's a fairly hard soap that was easy to lather with great cushion, glide and slickness. I feel refreshed and have a lovely BBS. Fougere is not a daily scent for me but after a very busy week, this hit the spot.
- Another weeperless Futur shave so I am stoked. This razor is now officially the daily driver... it just suits me.

Last edited:
Shower
Feather AC DX with Pro Super blade (9)
Crabtree and Evelyn "West Indian Limes" soap
Platypus brush
Re-lather and cold rinse

3 pass WTG / ATG / ATG shave for DFS+. Shaved the head off a zit - the first since my "no splash, no balm" experiment started but that's probably a result of my week's worth of BBS shaves... I spent a long time loading this soap and was well rewarded with slick, dense lather in copious quantities. It feels like something citric in it could be irritating while it's on but after rinsing there is no rash. I'm beginning to rate this soap... although I can see that using this much product adds a fair bit of time to the shave and makes a fair old dent in the puck!

J0v4aG0.jpg

7TPG2W0.jpg

SOTN (2/3/2017)

Pre:
Hot shower/Clinique Face Soap
Razor: iKon OSS head/Weber Wave handle
Blade: Derby Extra (3x)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft
Soap/Cream: Stirling Sharp Dressed Man
AS: T.N. Dickinson's/Stirling Sharp Dressed Man
Balm: Stirling Sharp Dressed Man
Fragrance: Creed GIT EDT

SOTN (2/3/2017)

Pre:
Hot shower/Clinique Face Soap
Razor: iKon OSS head/Weber Wave handle
Blade: Derby Extra (3x)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft
Soap/Cream: Stirling Sharp Dressed Man
AS: T.N. Dickinson's/Stirling Sharp Dressed Man
Balm: Stirling Sharp Dressed Man
Fragrance: Creed GIT EDT

'Cause every girl crazy 'bout a [stirling soaps] sharp dressed man

Pre: Proraso Green Pre/Post
Brush: P&C Platypus
Soap/Cream: Shaver Heaven Peppermint Plus
Razor: Rockwell 6S (6,6,2)
Blade: GSB (5)
Post-shave: Alum, Emu Oil, Floyd Vigoroso

Great shave this morning.
Worked the lather a treat, and gave the #6 plate on the Rockwell a spin this morning.
Had 3 days worth of growth to mow down, and the #6 plate didn't bat an eyelid.
It's quite amazing to me that I was mildly terrified of this plate 6 months ago.
It was very smooth on both passes this morning and gave me a DFS after those 2 passes.
Finished off with the #2 plate for the final XTG pass and with a small amount of clean up on the jawline, ended with a DFS+.
No irritation to speak of, and very minor sting where I touched up from the alum.
Shave well ya mongrels, and enjoy the weekend!(y)

Full_Size_Render_1.jpg

• Pre-Shave: Musgo Real Glyce Soap
  • Soap: B&M 42
  • Brush: Shavemac D01 2 Band
  • Strop: Kanayama (?)
  • Razor: Hayashi 355 6/8"
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block, Myrsol Formula C
Absolutely what I needed to mow down 4 days of growth after camp. The Shavemac gave my whiskers a pummelling. The newly honed Hayashi took an unbelievable edge. No sting from the alum, no irritation and BBS.

A stunning blade and one and done. A single pass DFS with my 11/16" Russian.
Great lather with my Semogue 2000 Boar and a refreshing oil with Lemon myrtle to finish. Once the basics are practiced a straight does provide a seriously close shave pass for pass. :) If I didn't enjoy the experience so much I could easily shave single pass each night :) but only with a straight.

Preshave: Hot water splash
Razor/Blade: Timeless (0.68) & Perma-Sharp (1st Shave)
Brush: TF Custom 26mm "Iced Fusion" High Mountain White
Soap: Crown King "The Kiss"
Post shave: Hot water splash, Bloc D' Alun, Cold water splash, Thayers Witch Hazel
Aftershave/Cologne: Crown King "The Kiss"

Decided too sweeten things up tonight ;)
Threw away the Personna Blade after last nights shave and went with a new Perma-Sharp and not one little issue so got to be happy with that. All performed really well for a BBS shave.
Have a good night my friends.
Cheers
Tony
ZenRpMm.jpg

Acqua di Parma Leather Shower Gel
Pelican Nichiri Co Strop
King Pelican 5000
Woodhead Bowl
Semogue OC Cherry
Acqua di Parma Collezione Barbiere Cream
Acqua di Parma Collezione Barbiere Balm
Acqua di Parma Leather Cologne Concentrée