Status
Not open for further replies.
9gaowLm.jpg

Musgo Glyce
Occam's
Timeless
Feather
TOBS Jermyn Street

Another day at home wrangling with this wretched flu, the light powdery lavender notes of this most modern of Fougère's just getting through this morning.

Enjoy your shaves fellas :pompous:

Last edited:
Pre: Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: RR Monster Synth
Soap: Eufros Tobacco Tallow (thanks to @filobiblic )
Razor: iKon #102
Blade: Rapira Chrome (2)
Splash: Givenchy Pi

Wow, I was there this morning thinking I need to buy more EDT's (YSL La Nuit and Rochas Man), then I used this soap. The EDT may have to go on hold so I can get some of Manuel's tallows asap. I don't think it's slicker than his non-tallow (on first use), but the lather itself was much more dense and just brilliant. Post shave was even better as well (using @alfredus method of putting left over lather on my face whilst cleaning brush, razor and soap then washing off).

Razor: Vintage Gillette NEW head on TSW 'Bren' handle
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Stainless 'M4' 1967 (5)
Brush: Vintage Butterscotch Distressed Culmak reknotted in TGN Finest
Soap/Cream: Le Père Lucien Le Savon du Barbier
Aftershave: Myrsol Antesol

Is it sad that a shave can be the highlight of a day? #needtogetoutmore

Hectic week thus far, so double portion of SOTD pics:

26th Feb shave: ATT R1 w/Rapira swede, GA/Shavemac, SV "manna" soap and balm.
IMG_20170226_194132073-01.jpeg

last shave of Feb, 28th: Gillette Rocket w/Lord blade, splash is Extro Italian fig.
IMG_20170228_155748018-01.jpeg

Great shaves and zen time keeping me sane (Y)

Shower
Feather AC DX with Pro Super blade (8)
Derby menthol cream
Omega 80266

WTG / ATG / ATG BBS with only a couple of minor weepers. This little brush is perfect with creams like this. No real menthol to speak of in this cream but the scent isn't offensive. It's good for some variety...

20170302_SOTD_S_zpsfcnlszdh.jpg

Pre-Shave: Cypriotian Olive/Argan Oil soap, cold water
Razor: Wolfman SB-P WRH2 Stainless
Blade: Ladas (1)
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac 2-band Silvertip
Lather: Australian Private Reserve Lavander Soap Testing
Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

A wonderful shave today with some stellar lather (pictures here) - as it is a test soap, I will not divulge my thoughts in public - but I think the pictures speak for themselves.

I almost forgot how luxurious this Shavemac 2-band silvertip knot is with all the Platypodes, Paladins, M&F's and what not floating around here - but if you are after pure luxury with just a hint of brush in your face...this knot is still very hard to beat.

Have a great shave every one (y)

Preshave: Hot water splash
Razor/Blade: Timeless (0.68) & Personna (1st Shave)
Brush: TF Custom 26mm "Rusticated" Manchurian Fan
Soap: Squadron Soap Dutch Resistance
Post shave: Hot water splash, Bloc D' Alun, Cold water splash, TSW Balm
Aftershave/Cologne: None

Gave the Timeless a run tonight using a Personna blade and did not like it one little bit. Left me with a couple of small weepers and a fair bit of irritation so I think I will be giving the Personna's a miss from here on in. The Dutch Resistance and my Manchurian whipped up a lovely lather which I seem to have dialed in now with more water than usual and a wet face too and the Squadron Soaps are now performing excellently providing all that you could want for a nice shave. Pity about the Personna !! Anyway a little Bloc D' Alun and some TSW Balm will hopefully settle things down soon enough.
Cheers
and have a good night all, The weekend is nearly here ;)

bF5Q9C5.jpg

9gaowLm.jpg

Musgo Glyce
Occam's
Timeless
Feather
TOBS Jermyn Street

Another day at home wrangling with this wretched flu, the light powdery lavender notes of this most modern of Fougère's just getting through this morning.

Enjoy your shaves fellas :pompous:
Ive got a head cold too @todras... can't smell any soaps or splashes at all... miserable times!
Get well soon man :dead:

Razor: Vintage Gillette NEW head on TSW 'Bren' handle
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Stainless 'M4' 1967 (5)
Brush: Vintage Butterscotch Distressed Culmak reknotted in TGN Finest
Soap/Cream: Le Père Lucien Le Savon du Barbier
Aftershave: Myrsol Antesol

Is it sad that a shave can be the highlight of a day? #needtogetoutmore

Is that stunned silence Tom?

Lost for words mate?

Is that stunned silence Tom?

Lost for words mate?

Mate - my damned emoticon didn't show for some reason. Rest assured your post was very bloody funny!!
And I could totally relate to your final comments ;)

Mate - my damned emoticon didn't show for some reason. Rest assured your post was very bloody funny!!

Ahhh, that would be the @Drubbing effect. It kills all emoticons and emoji's from WA.

Oh, except this one -

1424865875256.jpg

Thursday 2 March 2017

3qw6UIYCrnjnD-HDjWR4hOkglDJiiBousXnH-qmLdFXF0gPpfk9Yd-b2LssR2eb_88dmy3KdYpSKQC9VtRE-82NnXSKtu-_KFg=w1366-h768-no

RazorGuy Shave

Once in a while I like shaving with all the products I make at home as a hobby. To me, this adds an extra pleasure to the pleasure of shaving, not to mention when you use a Mastro Livi straight razor like the one I used today. This Mastro Livi ArtInox - that is his artisan made stainless damascus steel - is really a superlative shaver giving a super smooth and close shave, an impeccable BBS. My almond oil shaving cream proves to be an excellent soap, in my opinion one of the very best I have ever used in my life. The finishing touch provided by my Bay Rum was the perfect companion to this amazing shave.​
  • Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: RazorGuy Almond Oil Shaving Cream
  • Brush: Mühle Travel 31 M 530, Silvertip Fibre, 21 mm Knot
  • Bowl: Chinese Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Travel Loom Strop and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi ArtInox, 8/8 Full Hollow, Snake Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Argan Oil
  • After Shave: RazorGuy Bay Rum

79047c4febcd1843e8f59acc3e7039fd.jpg

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Antesol and Emulsion
Brush: P&C LE Platypus 2017
Soap: APR Lavende Test Soap
Razor: Gillette Aristocrat #22/66
Blade: Vintage English Gillette Platinum (5)
Splash: APR Lavende violette

Two great shaves in a row.
The APR test soap is a beauty. It lathers very easily, and the lather is very slick, cushioning and has good glide. 3 passes and a wee cleanup for another BBS result, with wonderful post shave feel. One area that the soap could improve is residual slickness. However, if this is a test soap, then @todras is on to a winner.
And the scent! Fantastic fresh lavender!

Status
Not open for further replies.