Shave of the Day Thread - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Razor: Vintage Gillette NEW head on TSW 'Bren' handle
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Stainless 'M4' 1967 (8)
Brush: Vintage Butterscotch Simpson 'M1'
Soap/Cream: Le Père Lucien Le Savon du Barbier
Aftershave: Myrsol F/Extra

Working through the Myrsol lineup again. Just when I think they are tradable I find I like them!

sf6fRY6.jpg

Musgo
Simpson CH1
Timeless
Feather
Mystic Water Sardinian Honey
Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender Salve
Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender Aftershave

A very nice start to the week and the first use of a Mystic that was gifted to me some months ago, the usual superb lather from Mystic and a very pleasing floral honey tone ideal for Autumn. The usual 2 passes, a clean off then on with the Unconditional Surrender that is fast becoming a favourite.

Have a bloody good one! :)

iqhVwaj.gif

Date: 06 March 2017

Pre-Shave: - Musgo Real Glycerine Classic Scent
Brush: - Platypus P&C LE 2017 24mm Fan Manchurian White
Lather: - Stirling Vanilla Bean Espresso Shaving Soap
Razor: - Irving Barber Company (IBC) Shavette
Blade: - Feather Artist Club Pro Guard #2
Post Shave: - T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent / Speck Aftershave

WOW! :wideyed::eek: very strong smell of coffee along with vanilla made from Stirling the coffee smell is not very strong when you open the lid when you take a normal sniff, it only when you create the lather on your face that really kick your nose of strong coffee scent. The Stirling Vanilla Bean Espresso shaving soap is probably best to used in the morning shave a great way to start the day when your getting ready for work, I strongly prefer Uula because this shaving soap has the best coffee scent then Stirling is more relaxing smell of real coffee is my brother top favorite shaving soap for morning shave. IF you really want to best relaxing coffee scent shaving soap for morning shave you can't go wrong with Uula

Uula shaving soap review by ShaveBusta

Last edited:
The Old Big Easy Shave
20170306_084530.jpg

Razor: Gillette Slim (8)
Blade: Gillette Super Stainless NOS (1)
Soap: Shaver Heaven Vanilla Oak (first use from BST)
Brush: Semogue 830

Thoughts...
- After 48 hours I was still aware of a few cuts from my Micromatic shave that would just bleed again with the Gem or indeed my Futur. It was time to return to my BFF - the amazingly smooth Gillette Slim. Walt (yes, he has a name) gave me a DFS in just two passes on 8 and it was very smooth and mild compared the razors I've been using recently. I, of course, pushed for a BBS and a third pass and opened up the nick I intended to avoid with the Micromatic. Doh.
- It had to try my boar brush again after lots of use with synthetics. I love the 830 knot as much as I always did but I do realise now that the handle is far inferior to either my K Shave Worx or TF. This might be the last time it is used in anger... time for a well-deserved retirement.
- It was great fun using the old Gillette blade dispenser for the first time straight over the notches. Just like it was designed to do back in the 60s.
- The Shaver Heaven soap was lovely. I'm increasingly enjoying woody scented soaps. It's almost on a par with the K Shave Worx (which is my fav soap of all ATM). Plus, I love the unobtainium about it.
- Imperial Leather AS is the best of the major store cheapies! Love the fresh scent on this and felt like something old fashioned but not powdery like Old Spice.
- Oh, and this is my pre-pre-shave routine. If you haven't tried Original Source XXX with Black Mint shower gel followed by Pinaud Clubman Finest Talc on your "nether regions" during summer, I would like to recommend this particular complete ball treatment. The talc is WAAAAY better than Imperial Leather. This combo will remind you of of just how nice it is to smell good ALL day and night in shocking weather. The H&S Old Spice shampoo is as disappointing as you'd imagine. It is adequate. I have bugger all head hair but am interested in suggestions for a replacement (the shampoo, not the hair).

20170306_085258.jpg

Last edited:
The Old Big Easy Shave
20170306_084530.jpg

Razor: Gillette Slim (8)
Blade: Gillette Super Stainless NOS (1)
Soap: Shaver Heaven Vanilla Oak (first use from BST)
Brush: Semogue 830

Thoughts...
- After 48 hours I was still aware of a few cuts from my Micromatic shave that would just bleed again with the Gem or indeed my Futur. It was time to return to my BFF - the amazingly smooth Gillette Slim. Walt (yes, he has a name) gave me a DFS in just two passes on 8 and it was very smooth and mild compared the razors I've been using recently. I, of course, pushed for a BBS and a third pass and opened up the nick I intended to avoid with the Micromatic. Doh.
- It had to try my boar brush again after lots of use with synthetics. I love the 830 knot as much as I always did but I do realise now that the handle is far inferior to either my K Shave Worx or TF. This might be the last time it is used in anger... time for a well-deserved retirement.
- It was great fun using the old Gillette blade dispenser for the first time straight over the notches. Just like it was designed to do back in the 60s.
- The Shaver Heaven soap was lovely. I'm increasingly enjoying woody scented soaps. It's almost on a par with the K Shave Worx (which is my fav soap of all ATM). Plus, I love the unobtainium about it.
- Imperial Leather AS is the best of the major store cheapies! Love the fresh scent on this and felt like something old fashioned but not powdery like Old Spice.
- Oh, and this is my pre-pre-shave routine. If you haven't tried Original Source XXX with Black Mint shower gel followed by Pinaud Clubman Finest Talc on your "nether regions" during summer, I would like to recommend this particular complete ball treatment. The talc is WAAAAY better than Imperial Leather. This combo will remind you of of just how nice it is to smell good ALL day and night in shocking weather. The H&S Old Spice shampoo is as disappointing as you'd imagine. It is adequate. I have bugger all head hair but am interested in suggestions for a replacement (the shampoo, not the hair).

20170306_085258.jpg

Great post @Greenpike.
@eggbert - I've tried the milder version mentioned (Tea tree and Mint) - can confirm the chill factor, so the XXX should be bracing.
Eggman - think I grabbed mine at Woolies.

Preshave: Hot water splash
Razor/Blade: ATT Atlas (0.58 R Plate) & Perma-Sharp (3rd Shave)
Brush: TF Custom 26mm "Ice Fusion" High Mountain White
Soap: Dr Jon's "Hydra"
Post shave: Hot water splash, Bloc D' Alun, Cold Water Splash, Thayers Witch Hazel
Aftershave/Cologne: Dr Jon's "Hydra"

This afternoon I wanted something cool and refreshing and I found it in Dr Jon's Hydra. Great shave to the start of the week.
Have a great week chap's
Cheers
Tony
KkjmhN1.jpg

20170306_SOTD_S_Rain_zpsz4fmcely.jpg

Pre-Shave: Cypriotian Olive/Argan Oil soap, cold water
Razor: ATT S-1 Colossus
Blade: Ladas (1)
Brush: FS 30 mm 2-band Silvertip
Lather: Stirling Bay Rum
Post-shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Really easy going shave to start the new week. The lather was great (picture here) and the new brush is a little monster - hope you all had a good start into the new week (y)

@alfredus I would love to see a den picture/s of your shaving stash you have some pretty amazing stuff!
Thank you @Adam - I guess my den is the opposite of @Mark1966 - quality not quantity :D :D :D

5 razors, ~10 brushes and ~10 soaps...

Preshave: Hot water splash
Razor/Blade: ATT Atlas (0.58 R Plate) & Perma-Sharp (3rd Shave)
Brush: TF Custom 26mm "Ice Fusion" High Mountain White
Soap: Dr Jon's "Hydra"
Post shave: Hot water splash, Bloc D' Alun, Cold Water Splash, Thayers Witch Hazel
Aftershave/Cologne: Dr Jon's "Hydra"

This afternoon I wanted something cool and refreshing and I found it in Dr Jon's Hydra. Great shave to the start of the week.
Have a great week chap's
Cheers
Tony
KkjmhN1.jpg

Top shelf photography there Tony. And that brush is not helping my resolve to buy no more brushes!!

Pre: Nil
Razor: Tanijuji 6/8 square full
Strop: Kanayama #30k
Brush: M&F 2XL 28mm Fan Finest
Soap: Nup, can't tell ya.
Splash: Nup, can't tell ya.

It's shaves like this make a bad day turn into a good one. So very near BBS, I'm just going to call BBS anyway. Just the slightest hint of stubble ATG. Zero irritation. Smooth soft skin with a down right amazing skin feel. Had me faceturbating for sure!
The M&F is so dense! So much presence! More than the Chubby 2. It's, well, it's everything it is certainly something else. Flirting with ordering another no. I don't have the spendies for one but since I won't have to pay for a couple of months.... no MUST RESIST! I have to remember I still have a Shavemac in the pipeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.