Status
Not open for further replies.
iqhVwaj.gif

Date: 09 March 2017

Brush: - Semogue SOC 2 Band Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm
Lather: - Stirling Naked & Smooth Shaving Soap
Razor: - Irving Barber Company (IBC) Shavette
Blade: - Feather Artist Club ProGuard #3
Post Shave: - T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent / Nivea Protect & Care 2 Phase Aftershave Lotion

Feather AC DX with Pro Super blade (13)
Monsavon Bol a Raser cream bowl
Omega 80266 brush
Re-lather and cold rinse

2 pass DFS today - this blade has now lost some efficiency so no more 2 pass BBS from it but the trade off is a mild, very smooth, damage free shave so I will keep going. Won't be much longer before the ATG pass becomes tuggy I suspect. The lather is a lot better now the puck has been re-hydrated into a proper cream but still nothing makes it stand out from anything else. This brush has no business being this good at this price - one of life's absolute bargains... still generates tons of lather from a relatively small brush in my collection. Best to put the base of the handle in my palm and hold the knot with my fingers - fast and fantastic lather!

Because of your "metal" background I do hear what you are saying. I have also read that Chrome oxide that is used a lot by straight razor enthusiasts has its own toxic concerns.

Also @TomG I respect your opinion because of your classy Tesla avatar :)

Thanks @bald as - bit of a contrast from my cheesy (but still classic) 70's Giorgio Moroder effort ;)

K1nmtrz.jpg

March 9th, 2017

Wolfman
Voskhod
Thater 2 Band
Saponoficio Varesino "70th Anniversary"
Aqua di Gio

A change from the norm today as I have been using the Wunderbar this week and usually go a full week of shaves with the same razor before rotating to the next. This week I have found that I have been having really good close shaves with the Wunderbar. So good I was concerned that I would not get a shave in this morning because yesterday's shave was so close. Switched to the Wolfman today as it is a little milder and turned out an awesome shave. The Saponoficio Varesino delivered in full as well.

Thursday 9 March 2017

33bSncsv0y7a7dolFmWusyaD6wru9ScQs2F5trGQxBOcFQO-PSoTR6fAEdoKHC4K4bzX9MeXih8UJpENukXgPN_sEBVEZJcq_w=w1366-h768-no

Travelling with a Mastro Livi ArtInox

I am enjoying very much this Mastro Livi Artinox I brought with me in this month's trip. The more I use it the more I appreciate its smoothness and shaving performance, giving a close and perfect shave. My skin was absolutely smooth and with no irritation, a velvety caress. Another pleasing touch to this shave has been provided by one of my favorite aftershaves - Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve - one of my favorite fragrances with its leather and spicy touch, it is a long lasting fragrance I really like.​
  • Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: Tcheon Fung Sing Almond Shaving Cream
  • Brush: Omega Bristle 89
  • Bowl: Chinese Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Travel Loom Strop and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi ArtInox, 8/8 Full Hollow, Snake Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Argan Oil
  • After Shave: Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve

Razor: Vintage Gillette NEW head on TSW 'Bren' handle
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Stainless 'M4' 1967 (12)
Brush: Vintage Butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream: D R Harris Marlborough Shaving Soap
Aftershave: Myrsol Plastic Shave
Music: None

Today concludes my wander through my Myrsol collection, in alphabetical order too in case you had not noticed.

The Myrsol intrigues me. I look at my post shave drawer and often think that I must get rid of them, they take up so much room. I think of some of the other aftershaves I have which have such a great face feel and wonder about the Myrsol. I look at some of the matching scents I have in aftershaves to soaps and wonder if I should limit myself to pairings like that. Then, just as I think I'm at the point of passing them on I decide to use them again, one last time...

I never seem to get around with moving them on.

Is this just me or do others do this?

End of the working week guys - be of good cheer!

SOTD 10/03/2017

COLD WATER SHAVE!!

id been reading the benafits of cold water shaving and i originaly thought its all bollocks but today i decided to give it a go
and i was very surprised on the results. skins feels great my usual irritation spot was reduced a bit and the post shave feel all over wasnt
any better really just felt different its hard to explain. but i hate a cold brush on my face tho i left it soaking for longer then usual because of the water temp
but yea didnt enjoy the feel of a cold brush.

anyhow without further or do.

Pre: Col.'s pre shave oil with teatree. (used a metric fuck-tonne of the stuff to try and soften everything up as much as possible )

Brush: Omega Boar Bristle (Shoutout to @Nightguard for the hook-up)

Soap: Shaver Heaven- Fresh! (UNOBTAINIUM!!!!! you will have to forgive me good sir but ive forgotten you name, but thankyou for this hook up at the last sydney meet-up)

Razor: Merkhur 23c (was my baby starter razor and i love her)

Blade: Feather stainless (hands down the best blades ever in my opinion, well in the 23c anyway)

Post: Thayers witchhazell with aloe aftershave (what else can i say, shits gewd!)

Balm: The stray whisker, After Balm with witchhazel and menthol (everyone needs this in their den, again thankyou to @thestraywhisker for the hook up)

u49NvLo.jpg

Musgo Glyce
M&F 3XL
Gillette Slim
Feather
Australian Private Reserve Lavender
Australian Private Reserve Alfredus Choice Aftershave
Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender EDT

A great shave in all regards, Given the dire warnings I was a bit concerned the 30mm brush might cover my whole cheek or smother me, but it didn't! Wonderfully soft and superb backbone from an exacting loft - the way it should be. The usual two passes and a bloody good lather, then on with the goods. Months of waiting to use the Alfredus Choice are now over, it is a beautiful Autumnal scent and will now enter regular rotation for the coming months.

Have a great Friday you good bastards :bear:

The Myrsol intrigues me.

!
You are not alone, Mr 66. I have not moved on any of my Myrsols, and have replaced my bottle of Plastic Shave and twice replaced Emulsion.
My opinion is that Myrsol does some things very well indeed (for me, the two must-haves are the above), and each member of the range offers something different and appealing.

Preshave: Hot water splash
Razor/Blade: Timeless (0.68 Plate) & Voskhod (2nd Shave)
Brush: TF Custom 24mm "Rainbow Falls" 2 Band Finest
Soap: B&M "Dickens"
Post shave: Hot water splash, Bloc D' Alun, Cold Water Splash, Thayers Witch Hazel
Aftershave/Cologne: B&M "Dickens"

I had to shampoo the 2 band two or three times and do a hand lather with the brush as it had a bit of a pungent smell but after that it was all systems go.
I must have hit everything on the head for this mornings shave as it was just perfect. BBS shave at its best with three very enjoyable and light passes and not a whisker to be found anywhere. The B&M whipped up into a nice lather and very quickly and performed extremely well. I have also found that blooming the harder soaps works very well for me so I will continue with that process. The brush was on its very first outing and performed extremely well, so I am now looking forward to the next few shaves and really giving it a good workout. The Timless just keeps on performing and the Voskhods seem to work really well for me. Post shave feel is feeling awesome this morning, what a way to end the week.
Cheers guy's it's Friday enjoy your weekend !!
Tony

79hIg85.jpg

Razor: Vintage Gillette NEW head on TSW 'Bren' handle
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Stainless 'M4' 1967 (12)
Brush: Vintage Butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream: D R Harris Marlborough Shaving Soap
Aftershave: Myrsol Plastic Shave
Music: None

Today concludes my wander through my Myrsol collection, in alphabetical order too in case you had not noticed.

The Myrsol intrigues me. I look at my post shave drawer and often think that I must get rid of them, they take up so much room. I think of some of the other aftershaves I have which have such a great face feel and wonder about the Myrsol. I look at some of the matching scents I have in aftershaves to soaps and wonder if I should limit myself to pairings like that. Then, just as I think I'm at the point of passing them on I decide to use them again, one last time...

End of the working week guys - be of good cheer!

My mysol is pretty much forgotten. Probably because it is out of sight (too tall for the drawer) and out of mind. I did think of it on the weekend though.

Preshave: Hot water splash
Razor/Blade: Timeless (0.68 Plate) & Voskhod (2nd Shave)
Brush: TF Custom 24mm "Rainbow Falls" 2 Band Finest
Soap: B&M "Dickens"
Post shave: Hot water splash, Bloc D' Alun, Cold Water Splash, Thayers Witch Hazel
Aftershave/Cologne: B&M "Dickens"

I had to shampoo the 2 band two or three times and do a hand lather with the brush as it had a bit of a pungent smell but after that it was all systems go.
I must have hit everything on the head for this mornings shave as it was just perfect. BBS shave at its best with three very enjoyable and light passes and not a whisker to be found anywhere. The B&M whipped up into a nice lather and very quickly and performed extremely well. I have also found that blooming the harder soaps works very well for me so I will continue with that process. The brush was on its very first outing and performed extremely well, so I am now looking forward to the next few shaves and really giving it a good workout. The Timless just keeps on performing and the Voskhods seem to work really well for me. Post shave feel is feeling awesome this morning, what a way to end the week.
Cheers guy's it's Friday enjoy your weekend !!
Tony

79hIg85.jpg

Oh well done!! Matching the brush to the soap label design. Outstanding.

TaPWCgE.jpg

Pre: Nil
Soap: SH - Citrus Garden
Brush: M&F - 2XL Finest
Blade: Tanifuji 6/8 Full Square

I had a rude reminder that winter is closer than ever last night. The temps plummeted from the typical 30's over night to 19 last night! Some time around midnight I was up scrounging around for a blanket and closing doors so today I was desperately trying to bring summer back with a summer shave. Ended up a little rushed so a little irritation but a fine shave none the less. I guess I will have to face the fact that soon I will have to move the summer stuff out of the drawers and replace with winter. <sigh>

A Most Disappointing First Catie's Shave
20170310_072028.jpg

Razor: Gillette Slim (8)
Blade: Gillette SS NOS (2)
Soap: Catie's Bubbles Glace Herbe
Brush: TF Amber & Gold Synthetic

Thoughts...
- I was very excited to try the famous artisan Catie's Bubbles but I think I made a mistake with this short run soap I found on Razor & Blade. I love vetiver normally and I love menthol. This is a pretty weak version of both. I can't put my finger on the vetiver other than to say it's just dry and herby and "weak". Not getting any of the depth I normally love. Menthol is a 3 out of 10 and scent strength is probably a 2 out of 10. Actual performance is just as great as I thought... though it's not as good glide and slickness as K Shave Worx for me. Hope my other purchase suits me more. I also hope that APR are making a mentholated Pork Chop soap.

Status
Not open for further replies.