Shave of the Day Thread - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Razor: Vintage Gillette NEW head on TSW 'Bren' handle
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Stainless 'M4' 1967 (12)
Brush: Vintage Butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream: D R Harris Marlborough Shaving Soap
Aftershave: Myrsol Plastic Shave
Music: None

Today concludes my wander through my Myrsol collection, in alphabetical order too in case you had not noticed.

The Myrsol intrigues me. I look at my post shave drawer and often think that I must get rid of them, they take up so much room. I think of some of the other aftershaves I have which have such a great face feel and wonder about the Myrsol. I look at some of the matching scents I have in aftershaves to soaps and wonder if I should limit myself to pairings like that. Then, just as I think I'm at the point of passing them on I decide to use them again, one last time...

I never seem to get around with moving them on.

Is this just me or do others do this?

End of the working week guys - be of good cheer!

I agree @Mark1966 - Myrsol Agua Balsalmic is a daily staple for me. I have traded the Peppermint (Formula K) and the intensely jasmine Don Miguel. Use the F/extra and Blue occasionally and love the Plastic Shave. Great glass bottles too!!

20170310_SOTD_S_Sepia_zpsicishkdi.jpg

Pre-Shave: Cypriotian Olive/Argan Oil soap, cold water
Razor: Weber PH UFO Titan L
Blade: Ladas (1)
Brush: LS 32 mm 2-band Finest
Lather: Mike's Lime
Post-shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, Australian Private Reserve Fete au Citron Balm​

One of my best shaves in recent times - super close and smooth...was maybe this stellar Mike's lather at fault (picture here)?

And finishing everything of with some APR Fete au Citron balm and then EDP - ready for a good night out (y)

I agree @Mark1966 - Myrsol Agua Balsalmic is a daily staple for me. I have traded the Peppermint (Formula K) and the intensely jasmine Don Miguel. Use the F/extra and Blue occasionally and love the Plastic Shave. Great glass bottles too!!

Impressed - you ditched some at least!

I think I will ditch some and then have sellers remorse...

... before I sell.

Shower
Feather AC DX with Pro Super Blade (14)
Monsavon Bol a Raser
Platypus Brush
Re-lather and cold rinse

3 pass DFS+ today with no damage at all. Great post shave feel with this soap - it is impressing me more as I use it more. I suspect this may be the case for a lot of soaps as I learn to dial them in better with the right moisture and lathering technique etc.

I shouldn't find that as funny as I do :D

It would be fair to say, you have his number!

Haha - but not really. @Mark1966 is someone I respect immensely - a top bloke who is always happy to help and provide advice.
He also enjoys a bit of good natured banter, as I know you do also [emoji6].

1759d51eaa4b6b872d1cc51ee1880f02.jpg

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Antesol and Emulsion
Brush: P&C LE Platypus 2017
Soap: Squadron The Warden
Razor: ATT Kronos M2
Blade: Polsilver SI (2)
Splash: Alt Innsbruck

Three passes plus clean up for a BBS result.
The Polsilver is so smooth that you can forget its sharpness - a small nick on the upper lip resulted from being a little too casual.
The Warden has a lovely scent - not as sweet as Ace, and a good match for Autumn.
Finished with the unusual but compelling blackberry and machinery goodness of Eucris.

Preshave: Hot water splash
Razor/Blade: Timeless (0.68 Plate) & Voskhod (3rd Shave)
Brush: TF Custom 24mm "Rainbow Falls" 2 Band Finest
Soap: Squadron Soap "The Warden"
Post shave: Hot water splash, Bloc D' Alun, Cold Water Splash, Thayers Witch Hazel
Aftershave/Cologne: None.

Kept things nice and simple tonight just to mow down the little that had grown from this mornings great shave. Second outing for the new brush and this thing is lathering like there is no tomorrow and face feel I am finding very enjoyable too and great flow through. I am keen to see how it pans out over the next few shaves, so far so good. Now that I am blooming my soaps I am finding it much easier and quicker to work up a really nice lather and any lather left over is now getting rubbed into my face until I have cleaned everything up. I am finding a much better post shave feel on my skin. Alum Bloc and witch hazel to finish off another short but enjoyable shave.
Have a great weekend all.
Cheers
Tony
UDIEKAI.jpg

Razor: Vintage Gillette NEW head on TSW 'Bren' handle
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Stainless 'M4' 1967 (13)
Brush: Vintage Butterscotch Simpson 'AS2'
Soap/Cream: Saponificio Varesino - 70th Anniversary "Settantesimo" Shave Soap
Aftershave: Saponificio Varesino - 70th Anniversary "Settantesimo" Aftershave
Cologne: Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gio Pour Homme

It is grey and overcast, but I decided it was summer! Thanks for the cologne @stillshunter - a great match for the SV 70th

iqhVwaj.gif

Date: 11 March 2017

Brush: - Semogue SOC 2 Band Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm
Lather: - Arko
Razor: - Irving Barber Company (IBC) Shavette
Blade: - Kai Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG (Guard) #1
Post Shave: - T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent / Speck Aftershave / Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Fragrance: - YSL L’Homme EDT

The Kai Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG (Guard) is 100 times better than the Feather Pro Guard because the Feather Pro Guard is way too sharp for my sensitive skin since my neck was a bit red, I've been keeping my IBC shank close to my skin as possible for shallow angle using the Feather blade without pressure. So I've decided to used the Kai Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG (Guard) it was a very smooth mild blade which makes this shave a lot easier while I'm still learning throughout the whole shave with the IBC shavette, if your looking for a mild blade using either a Feather Artist Club SS, DX or a Irving Barber Company (IBC) shavette for the first time in life the Kai Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG (Guard) is the way to go for those who want to learn how to shave with Feather Artist Club SS, DX or a Irving Barber Company (IBC) shavette like a straight razor style.

Last edited:
Ih2CAbB.jpg

Musgo Glyce
M&F 3XL
Timeless
Feather
Australian Private Reserve Mycroft Soap
Australian Private Reserve Mycroft Aftershave

A leisurely Saturday shave this morning after several cups of well made coffee, my usual two passes, the scent of Mycroft coming through the lather beautifully. A nice clean off then on with the goods, the new APR aftershave formula has evolved substantially and in addition to the other compounds now contains Panthenol (Vit B5) and Allantoin to dramatically improve the skin care properties of the aftershave, it smells fantastic too!

Have a great day, enjoy your shaves Gents :penguin:

Ih2CAbB.jpg

Musgo Glyce
M&F 3XL
Timeless
Feather
Australian Private Reserve Mycroft Soap
Australian Private Reserve Mycroft Aftershave

A leisurely Saturday shave this morning after several cups of well made coffee, my usual two passes, the scent of Mycroft coming through the lather beautifully. A nice clean off then on with the goods, the new APR aftershave formula has evolved substantially and in addition to the other compounds now contains Panthenol (Vit B5) and Allantoin to dramatically improve the skin care properties of the aftershave, it smells fantastic too!

Have a great day, enjoy your shaves Gents :penguin:
Great looking shave!
I see a new scent there @todras . Can I ask what it is?

17157384_1481149275230839_6064210779463061983_o.jpg

Brush: Maggards synthetic 26
Soap: Squadron, The Warden
Razor: Gem Push Button
Blade: Gem ss coated

An enjoyable Saturday morning shave, a good lather from brush and soap.
First time using the Gem Push Button. A very mild SE, especially after using the Gem Junior for the last week, I probably over shaved trying to achieve the same results. I also noticed it tended to clog under the blade, probably because of the smaller blade gap and the closed comb. Needed wetter lather, more rinsing. Fun anyway trying out a new razor.

Have a good weekend and enjoy your shaves​

Status
Not open for further replies.