Shave of the Day Thread - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
17157384_1481149275230839_6064210779463061983_o.jpg

Brush: Maggards synthetic 26
Soap: Squadron, The Warden
Razor: Gem Push Button
Blade: Gem ss coated

An enjoyable Saturday morning shave, a good lather from brush and soap.
First time using the Gem Push Button. A very mild SE, especially after using the Gem Junior for the last week, I probably over shaved trying to achieve the same results. I also noticed it tended to clog under the blade, probably because of the smaller blade gap and the closed comb. Needed wetter lather, more rinsing. Fun anyway trying out a new razor.

Have a good weekend and enjoy your shaves​
The push button GEMS are pretty cool @Sticky - I guess was their way of "modernising" their razor to compete with all the new Gillette models.

Razor: Rockwell 6S #6
Blade: Vintage Polsilver (3)
Brush: RR Monster synth 26mm
Soap/Cream: OSP Bay Rum
Aftershave/Balm: Eufros Gea & JPG Le Male

Very disappointed with the silage and longevity of the post '07 reformulated JPG. Scent completely vanishes within 1-2 hrs tops. Might have to grab some Paco 1 Million, even though it does smell a little synthetic to me, seems to last a while.

OSP on the other hand, great soap. Very clovey Bay scent, reminiscent of Dr Jons Anne Bonny, but with much better performance. I was hoping for less clove, but will probably keep in rotation for the performance (unless someone has a barbershop or fougere OSP they want to trade). Thinking I'll have to grab some Rhapsody in a few weeks.

Razor: Rockwell 6S #6
Blade: Vintage Polsilver (3)
Brush: RR Monster synth 26mm
Soap/Cream: OSP Bay Rum
Aftershave/Balm: Eufros Gea & JPG Le Male

Very disappointed with the silage and longevity of the post '07 reformulated JPG. Scent completely vanishes within 1-2 hrs tops. Might have to grab some Paco 1 Million, even though it does smell a little synthetic to me, seems to last a while.

OSP on the other hand, great soap. Very clovey Bay scent, reminiscent of Dr Jons Anne Bonny, but with much better performance. I was hoping for less clove, but will probably keep in rotation for the performance (unless someone has a barbershop or fougere OSP they want to trade). Thinking I'll have to grab some Rhapsody in a few weeks.
1 Million is one of my favourites @Korbz. Spice Bomb is also worth checking out.....

The push button GEMS are pretty cool @Sticky - I guess was their way of "modernising" their razor to compete with all the new Gillette models.

I have to agree @Snooze the push button is a cool looking razor and I'm glad to have it. Unfortunately it is not the best shaver (for me). I see you were driving the Micromatic this morning. I rather like the look of them and have been keeping a look out for the bullet tip variety as they look nice, I gather they are just as aggressive hopefully not too much for me.

I have a 1912, at least I think that is what it is, British made with an aluminium handle, which I might try tomorrow. Hopefully it will rattle through the whiskers like the Junior

Very disappointed with the silage and longevity of the post '07 reformulated JPG. Scent completely vanishes within 1-2 hrs tops

Oh man, I hear you and so does half the perfume crowd. The reformulation and the substitution just falls so flat when compared to the almost endless life of the original.

A real shame too as it's a bloody lovely drop :)

Great looking shave!
I see a new scent there @todras . Can I ask what it is?

Yes you sure can man, it launches next week as a soap and a splash, but there is no time like the present :)

Mycroft brother of Sherlock, resident of one 221B Baker St as penned by Conan Doyle in his seminal
texts on the grand fictitious detective. His deeper thinking, more intelligent brother it is argued and we definitely
agree.

We have designed a stylish and exacting Autumnal scent with rich clear notes of Juniper resting
effortlessly on Bergamot and a dalliance of Jasmine Grandiflorium Absolute.

For the base we have engaged no less a solution of, the rich, infamously narcotic Labdanum as is truly fitting, a raw
raunchy, Animal Musk and the sweet intoxicating coumarin drenched Tonka Absolute.

A thoroughly intoxicating, sophisticated and effortlessly elegant fragrance for cooler times and
higher minds.

You will encounter the following notes and accords, but of course there exists the invisible hand ever present, revealed on application and through the passage of time...

Top Notes: Calabrian Bergamot, Jasmine Absolute
Heart Notes: Juniper
Base Notes: Labandum, Musk, Tonka, Vetiver

Preshave: Hot water splash
Razor/Blade: Timeless (0.68 Plate) & Voskhod (4th Shave)
Brush: TF Custom 24mm "Rainbow Falls" 2 Band Finest
Soap: "COSMO"
Post shave: Hot water splash, Bloc D' Alun, Cold Water Splash, Thayers Witch Hazel, "COSMO" Face Serum.
Aftershave/Cologne: "COSMO"

Another great shave tonight after a big day in the workshop it was nice to relax and take my time to enjoy it. I will certainly be keeping COSMO as part of my kit as long as it is available. For those interested the brush is performing outstandingly being that it is only on about its third or fourth shave, flow through is absolutely awesome and produces a great thick lather on the face easier than any of my other brushes so at this stage I am wrapped lets hope it keeps up.
Have a great night guy's and enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Cheers
Tony

tvl1W9k.jpg

Post shave: Hot water splash, Bloc D' Alun, Cold Water Splash, Thayers Witch Hazel, "COSMO" Face Serum.

Another great shave tonight after a big day in the workshop it was nice to relax and take my time to enjoy it. I will certainly be keeping COSMO as part of my kit as long as it is available. For those interested the brush is performing outstandingly being that it is only on about its third or fourth shave, flow through is absolutely awesome and produces a great thick lather on the face easier than any of my other brushes so at this stage I am wrapped lets hope it keeps up.
Cheers
Tony

tvl1W9k.jpg
Dare I say it

Cheers
Tony

tvl1W9k.jpg
Dare I say it, Big T - a cosmic shave? :facepalm:

sotd%20170311_zpshdsxbapy.jpg

Pre:
Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Antesol and Emulsion
Brush: Semogue SOC Boar
Soap: Tabac
Razor: ATT Kronos R2
Blade: Vintage Gillette Spoiler (1)
Splash: Alt Innsbruck

My first shave with the R2 plate of the ATT razor. I loaded up with my smoothest blade - a Spoiler.
Clearly more blade feel, but still pretty smooth. Tried to keep pressure light, but not light enough, as I had quite a few weepers on my neck.
No nicks, though. Was very close after two passes. A third pass got me close to BBS, but I didn't push it any further on the first time out.
Happy with the shave for a first run with a more aggressive plate.
Can't think of a better scent match for Tabac soap that Alt Innsbruck. Dare I say annexure?

Razor:
Vintage Gillette NEW head on TSW 'Bren' handle
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Stainless 'M4' 1967 (14)
Brush: Vintage Butterscotch Simpson '46' reknotted in pure
Soap/Cream:Australian Private Reserve les généraux du grand livre shaving soap (Ver 1)
Aftershave Balm: Australian Private Reserve les généraux du grand livre Aftershave Balm
Aftershave Splash: Australian Private Reserve les généraux du grand livre Aftershave Lotion
Cologne:
Australian Private Reserve les généraux du grand livre EDP

A certain theme to my shave this morning!

Went the whole hog with the APR and really enjoyed it! Not sure I will balm and lotion all the time but on special mornings maybe :)

Well done @todras

Acqua di Parma Collezione Barbiere Face Scrub
Semogue OC Cherry
PannaCrema Nuàvia Rosso
Saponificio Varesino Grail
Pelican Nichiri Strop
King Pelican 32
Acqua di Parma Revitalising Face Serum
Acqua di Parma Leather Cologne Concentrée​

36F4593D-07E5-42D1-B593-384ABDDC3236_zpsbrvftnuk.jpg

Vivaldi - Gloria

6wWKtCF.jpg

Occam's Crushed Lime
Boots Manchurian*
Timeless
Feather
APR Suitably Attired Australian Soap
APR Suitably Attired Australian Aftershave
CL Gratiot League Square EDT

One of my favourite shaves, the Sunday shave with it's slow, relaxed and attendant reward. Attempted at ones own pace after coffee and breakfast, it is paced and ever so enjoyable. We have a young *Russian Blue kitten now, tiny little thing she is, suffice to say she is a jumper and I am glad the bathroom mat caught my trusty old SJOL 26mm or the shave would have taken a different tone this morning. Ever forward, broke out the boots which has seasoned nicely and set to the task at hand enjoying every moment of it, simple to load and simple to lather (see my review comments). The usual two passes then on with the splash and some Gratiot League Square EDT, I was going to use his salve too but really felt no need after the splash - still kicking myself for not formulating it much earlier, it's a whole new ballgame!

Enjoy your Sunday's gents, at a pace so befitting :bear:

Lather Shot

Status
Not open for further replies.