Shave of the Day Thread - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Delightful Shave
20170313_110348.jpg

Razor: Merkur Futur (5 then 3 on third pass)
Blade: Perma-Sharp SS
Soap: Wickham Classic 24 (first time)
Brush: TF Amber and Gold Synthetic

Thoughts...
- Just excellent. Really. Great soap and I face lathered to try something new. Scent not exploding but a good 5 or 6. Nice to be back in that stink zone with the suds.
- BBS after 3 passes and no pick-ups. Perma-Sharp sings in this razor.

17239792_1483574404988326_5323056048207902999_o.jpg

Brush: HJM boar
Soap: TOBS Grapefruit (Sample)
Razor: Gem1912?
Blade: Gem ss (3)

Lovely shave, love the grapefruit scent, I smell of grapefruit, the bathroom smells of grapefruit, lovely. I better send for tub of TOBS.
First go on the razor, nice easy shave not too aggressive, just right, enjoying the SEs

Have a pleasant evening guys

17239792_1483574404988326_5323056048207902999_o.jpg

Brush: HJM boar
Soap: TOBS Grapefruit (Sample)
Razor: Gem1912?
Blade: Gem ss (3)

Lovely shave, love the grapefruit scent, I smell of grapefruit, the bathroom smells of grapefruit, lovely. I better send for tub of TOBS.
First go on the razor, nice easy shave not too aggressive, just right, enjoying the SEs

Have a pleasant evening guys

Nice shave @Sticky - the 1912 is a great SE razor - a great blend of "efficiency" without being too dangerous!!

Yours looks in great shape without any plate loss which is common on these ones.(y)

Thanks @Snooze Its in pretty good nick, just small marks on the handle. Although I have seen a few rough ones for sale a lot of the old SEs seem to hold up pretty well, at least the ones I have acquired.

Razor: Rockwell 6S #2
Blade: Vintage Polsi (4)
Brush: Shavemac 26mm 2-band
Lather: P&B Sanskrit
Post-shave: Thayers Medicated & Eufros Brisa

Mowed the yard and came back in for a shower/shave. Decided to give the P&B it's first real outing (did a palm lather just to get a measure for the water tolerance on Friday night). @Kerry@Phoenix&Beau mate, this stuff is sensational. I'll be doing up a review, but if I get results consistent with today's shave, it will be in my top 5. Initially I wasn't sure if the scent was for me, however the way it changes when lathered is awesome. The cardamom comes out and pepper gets subdued by everything else going on. You don't need as much water as some other soaps (B&M, Stirling) to get where you want to be with slickness and that creamy, yoghurty blob. Residual slickness, which I thought may be lacking from the palm lather, was there in spades, allowing touch ups where needed freely.

This would pair really nicely with YSL Le Nuit, JPG Le Male, L'Occitane Baux and other scents that have that spicy cardamom tone.
Such a good soap!

Preshave: Hot water splash
Razor/Blade: ATT (R Plate) & Voskhod (5th Shave)
Brush: TF Custom 24mm "Rainbow Falls" 2 Band Finest
Soap: Squadron Soaps"Sweet Heart"
Post shave: Hot water splash, Bloc D' Alun, Cold Water Splash, Thayers Witch Hazel, TSW Balm.
Aftershave/Cologne: None

Another busy day in the workshop so a nice relaxing and very pleasant shave for a BBS finish was in order, loving my squadron soaps now that I bloom the soaps prior to using.
Face lather and plenty soap left after a 3 pass shave.
Have a good night lads.
Tony

a88p1ec.jpg

856762b85f18b8eac4af216ee397ca2c.jpg

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: P&C LE Platypus 2017
Soap: Mystic Waters White Tea and Ginger
Razor: ATT Kronos R2
Blade: Vintage Gillette Spoiler (2)
EDT: Erik Kormann Steampunk Viola

First shave with a Mystic Waters soap. Took a while to get the water:soap mix right, but great lather when I eventually got there. And residual slickness - wow! As good as any soap I've shaved with. Gave me great confidence with the R2 open comb plate.
Three passes, with cleanup, for a closer than close BBS.
What better to finish with than the modern masterpiece that is Steampunk Viola.

Razor: Vintage Eclipse Red Ring
Blade: Vintage English Wilkinson Sword (2)
Brush: Simpson 'QEII Jubilee' limited edition 19/150
Soap/Cream: TOSP - Barbershop
Aftershave Splash: Ogallala Bay Rum - Limes and Peppercorn

Continuing on the #AllEngland theme (where I exclude post shave as I don't really have any!) I tried The Obsessive Soap Perfectionist - Barbershop. Good first impression.

Loving the QEII Jubilee brush, the 'performance features' really do make this a delight to use.

New working week and I'm ready to roll ...

TMdEXoi.jpg

Musgo Glyce
Doug Korn D7
Timeless
Feather
Martin de Candre
Chatillon Lux La Quatrième Ville Salve
Chatillon Lux La Quatrième Ville Aftershave

Another fine shave this morning with everything falling into place, the MdC is just flawless and peerless. Notes of Vetiver, Cypress and Violet leaf from my favourite US artisan executed perfectly in this cool weather fragrance, ideally it places in winter but I just could not wait after catching the fragrance design. Beautiful!

Have a wonderful day, enjoy your shaves chaps:penguin:

TMdEXoi.jpg

Musgo Glyce
Doug Korn D7
Timeless
Feather
Martin de Candre
Chatillon Lux La Quatrième Ville Salve
Chatillon Lux La Quatrième Ville Aftershave

Another fine shave this morning with everything falling into place, the MdC is just flawless and peerless. Notes of Vetiver, Cypress and Violet leaf from my favourite US artisan executed perfectly in this cool weather fragrance, ideally it places in winter but I just could not wait after catching the fragrance design. Beautiful!

Have a wonderful day, enjoy your shaves chaps:penguin:

Nice mate - that MdC is good stuff. Shawn at CL is great too.

Razor: Rockwell 6S - 3
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (2)
Brush: Semogue SOC Boar
Soap: B&M Cheshire

I took a leaf out of @UKSteve ‘s book today. No listening to podcasts or news, just some light jazz. The Chesire lather seemed to be super slick this morning and 2 days growth just melted away. :happy:

I need to start every day like this.

Enjoy your day all!

Man Citrus Shave
20170314_071904.jpg

Razor: Merkur Futur (3)
Blade: Perma-Sharp SS (2)
Soap: Phoenix and Beau Citra Royale
Brush: TF Amber and Gold Synthetic

Thoughts...
- THIS is an interesting take on a citrus scent... manly and dry. Scent strength is a 7 from the tub and a 5 on the face. If James Bond wanted to wear lime this is what he'd use. I like it. Don't know if I love it but I'm going to give this a good den workout and see. Performance is excellent and on a par with K Shave Worx (my standard for artisans atm). Face lathering worked a treat - cushion, glide and slickness all top notch. Indeed, slickness made buffing easy ALL shave.
- @todras has been on my face for a week. I'm an APR man and this juice is a nice pairing with the Citra Royale. I would like it noted that I don't like saying juice and that's the first time I've used it for aftershave. I would like to formally apologise to my parents.

Last edited:
was running late so ahsved at work today, only a quick 2 pass but still smooth as.

Pre: Col.'s pre shave oil with teatree. (almost completely out of this need to order more asap...i wonder if they do a 1L pump bottle )

Brush: Omega Boar Bristle (Shoutout to @Nightguard for the hook-up)

Soap: Squadron Soaps - Groud Captains Blend (this is the buisness, if you havnt made you way over to their site do yourself a favour and start with this one)

Razor: Merkhur 23c (was my baby starter razor and i love her)

Blade: Feather stainless (hands down the best blades ever in my opinion, well in the 23c anyway)

Post: Thayers witchhazell with aloe aftershave (what else can i say, shits gewd!)

Balm: The stray whisker, After Balm with witchhazel and menthol (everyone needs this in their den)

Preshave: Hot water splash
Razor/Blade: ATT (R Plate) & Voskhod (5th Shave)
Brush: TF Custom 24mm "Rainbow Falls" 2 Band Finest
Soap: Squadron Soaps"Sweet Heart"
Post shave: Hot water splash, Bloc D' Alun, Cold Water Splash, Thayers Witch Hazel, TSW Balm.
Aftershave/Cologne: None

Another busy day in the workshop so a nice relaxing and very pleasant shave for a BBS finish was in order, loving my squadron soaps now that I bloom the soaps prior to using.
Face lather and plenty soap left after a 3 pass shave.
Have a good night lads.
Tony

a88p1ec.jpg
Great shot @Tony Forsyth - gotta love them labels ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.