Hot shower/Clinique Face Soap
Razor: RazoRock Teck II
Blade: Voskhod (4x)
Brush: Omega #10019
Soap/Cream: Proraso Green
AS: Thayer's Cucumber/Proraso Green
Balm: Proraso White
Fragrance: Acqua di Gio EDT

So I now understand how @UKSteve listens to music while he shaves, but blow me down if I can work out how you READ while you shave ...

17218703_1485108331501600_3417717402132933348_o.jpg

Brush: Maggards synthetic
Soap: Squadron The Warden
Razor: Wilkinson sword "Sticky"
Blade: Wilkinson sword (1)

Nice mild shave on a rainy morning. Soap and brush making a lovely lather.

When I first got this razor I thought I would try the 'mild razor/sharp blade' thing. So I put a Feather in, no good for me, I can't get on with a Feather. Its not because I don't like them, its more like they don't like me. Just when you think you're getting on fine they turn on you!

Have a great day. Put that light out!
Put that light out!

Nice one, @Sticky - and now I get your username ;). Great razor.

Lgx7dFN.jpg

SOTD (15/3/2017)

Pre:
Hot shower/Clinique Face Soap
Razor: RazoRock Teck II
Blade: Voskhod (4x)
Brush: Omega #10019
Soap/Cream: Proraso Green
AS: Thayer's Cucumber/Proraso Green
Balm: Proraso White
Fragrance: Acqua di Gio EDT

Outstanding photo, Quackmeister! Super sharp. What is your weapon of choice (camera)?

From Sunday evening: (Wedding anniversary shave)
Pre: Proraso Green Pre/Post
Brush: P&C Platypus
Soap/Cream: Mike's Natural Soaps
Razor: Rockwell 6S (6)
Blade: Gillette Rubie (1)
Post-shave: Alum, Emu Oil, Pinaud Clubman

This morning's shave:
Soap/Cream: Shaver Heaven Arctic Mango
Razor: Rockwell 6S (5)
Blade: Gillette Rubie (2)
Post-shave: Alum, Emu Oil, Floyd Vigoroso

From Sunday evening: (Wedding anniversary shave)
Soap/Cream: Mike's Natural Soaps
Razor: Rockwell 6S (6)
Blade: Gillette Rubie (1)
Post-shave: Alum, Emu Oil, Pinaud Clubman

This morning's shave:
Soap/Cream: Shaver Heaven Arctic Mango
Razor: Rockwell 6S (5)
Blade: Gillette Rubie (2)
Post-shave: Alum, Emu Oil, Floyd Vigoroso

Good to see the Platypus getting put through its paces @Normie

Good to see the Platypus getting put through its paces @Normie
It really is a nice brush! Definitely the best badger I've got. Would like a comparison between your 2 and 3 band knots with the Bob Quinn knot in the Platypus...
Also living the shape of the handle. I think that was probably one of the bigger surprises for me.
Could not be happier in general with my Platypus as a whole. (y)

It really is a nice brush! Definitely the best badger I've got. Would like a comparison between your 2 and 3 band knots with the Bob Quinn knot in the Platypus...
Also living the shape of the handle. I think that was probably one of the bigger surprises for me.

@Normie Being that I have only been wet shaving since close on the end of last year I still have a lot to learn but to be absolutely honest with you my preference at the moment is my "Rainbow Falls 24mm 2 Band Finest purely due to the softness on the face and the amount of lather it leaves on the face with each and every pass. So these will certainly be a knot I will be carrying in stock moving forward. I still need to give my Quinn knot a bit of a run yet as I have only used it a couple of times. Once I have run the 2 band for a few more shaves, then I will jump back to the Manchurian and should be able to get a better comparison. But I am sure both are going to be top performers (y) Yes the Platypus and indeed all my handles get a good feel test done on them so that they have no sharp edges and that they do in fact feel good in the hand. I also use the rules of thirds and the golden Ratio as a guide for handle shapes and sizes to ensure that both handle and knot are aesthetically pleasing to the eye not just the feel. So I am glad you like it ;)
Cheers
Tony

Gillette tech
Omega 10005
Speick stick
Vintage Personna blade.

Been a few days since I had a shave as I'm on holiday. However this must count as one of the shittest shaves I've ever had. The lather was fine (enough for way more than I usually need luckily),
I just could not find the right angle to shave with the travel tech, and took 5 passes to end up with a shave I wouldn't normally be happy with after two passes.

@Normie Being that I have only been wet shaving since close on the end of last year I still have a lot to learn but to be absolutely honest with you my preference at the moment is my "Rainbow Falls 24mm 2 Band Finest purely due to the softness on the face and the amount of lather it leaves on the face with each and every pass. So these will certainly be a knot I will be carrying in stock moving forward. I still need to give my Quinn knot a bit of a run yet as I have only used it a couple of times. Once I have run the 2 band for a few more shaves, then I will jump back to the Manchurian and should be able to get a better comparison. But I am sure both are going to be top performers (y) Yes the Platypus and indeed all my handles get a good feel test done on them so that they have no sharp edges and that they do in fact feel good in the hand. I also use the rules of thirds and the golden Ratio as a guide for handle shapes and sizes to ensure that both handle and knot are aesthetically pleasing to the eye not just the feel. So I am glad you like it ;)
Cheers
Tony
If I may chime in: really glad you like the Platypus @Normie (y)

Please don't forget, that the Bob Quinn knot needs ~20 uses to reach its full potential @Tony Forsyth - but then I would be also very interested in hearing comparisons.

I'm not saying it is a bad knot at first, I'm just saying it becomes a truly magnificent one after... I guess I just made up my mind about tomorrow's shave :D

If I may chime in: really glad you like the Platypus @Normie (y)

Please don't forget, that the Bob Quinn knot needs ~20 uses to reach its full potential @Tony Forsyth - but then I would be also very interested in hearing comparisons.

I'm not saying it is a bad knot at first, I'm just saying it becomes a truly magnificent one after... I guess I just made up my mind about tomorrow's shave :D

Thanks @alfredus yes I do understand that and that is why I am continuing with the 2 band as it too is getting better and better with each shave. But I will certainly be giving the Quinn knot a good workout too :) and like I said I am sure they are both going to be good performers.

Preshave: Hot water splash
Razor/Blade: ATT (R Plate) & Voskhod (2nd Shave)
Brush: TF Custom 24mm "Rainbow Falls" 2 Band Finest
Soap: Dr Jon's"Hydra"
Post shave: Hot water splash, Bloc D' Alun, Cold Water Splash, Thayers Witch Hazel, TSW Balm.
Aftershave/Cologne: Dr Jon's Hydra

Ahhhhh !!!
now I feel refreshed !!
Cheers
Lads

3WUKtpQ.jpg

Preshave: Hot water splash
Razor/Blade: ATT (R Plate) & Voskhod (2nd Shave)
Brush: TF Custom 24mm "Rainbow Falls" 2 Band Finest
Soap: Dr Jon's"Hydra"
Post shave: Hot water splash, Bloc D' Alun, Cold Water Splash, Thayers Witch Hazel, TSW Balm.
Aftershave/Cologne: Dr Jon's Hydra

Ahhhhh !!!
now I feel refreshed !!
Cheers
Lads

3WUKtpQ.jpg

Wow - Rainbow Falls! Coulda also called it LSD, Big T. Nice work.

40202f25893a584224936d45352b9aa8.jpg

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: P&C LE Platypus 2017
Soap: I Coloniali
Razor: ATT Kronos R2
Blade: Vintage Gillette Spoiler (3)
Splash: APR Aqua di Sydney

Nice shave.

Razor: Vintage Eclipse Red Ring
Blade: Vintage English Wilkinson Sword (4)
Brush: Simpson 'QEII Jubilee' limited edition 19/150
Soap/Cream: TOSP - Barbershop
Aftershave Splash: Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve

Ahhh, nice ...

ity7ZZh.jpg

Occams Pre
Boots Manchurian
ATT Colossus R1
Feather
Eufros GEA
Eufros GEA Aftershave Balm
APR le courrier Aftershave
APR le courrier EDP

A lovely Thursday shave, slick fragrant lather and the usual 2 passes. A nice cleanup then on with the goods.

Have a blast chaps, enjoy your shaves:pompous:

SOTD 16/03/2017

Pre:
- Hot shower with face clensing face scrub

Brush:- Omega Boar feux ivory handle

Soap: - Jabonman - Vetiver Haiti

Razor: -Merkhur 23C

Blade: - Feather Satinless

Balm: - The Stray Whisker - afterbalm with witchhazell and menthol

Status
Not open for further replies.