Balm: TSW After Balm
Fragrance: JPG Le Male EDT

20170314_SOTD_S_zps9zdjsuko.jpg

Pre-Shave: Cypriotian Olive/Argan Oil soap, cold water
Razor: BBS-1
Blade: Ladas (1)
Brush: LS 32 mm 2-band Finest
Lather: Mystic Water Jeff's Lavender
Post-shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Great shave today with some seriously drippy lather (picture here) - enjoy your shaves (y)

Blood thinners !!!!

A really good shave tonight but my cardio has for good medical reasons changed my blood thinners but they are not playing nice with a straight razor. No major bleeding - more the agony of a 1000 mini weepers. Still I'm off them in about a month. My skin feels paper thin and looks it.

2 passes DFS lubricated with blood (I may try a beard until I'm off these tabs :) )
Godrej Menthol mist
and a "brush"

Razor - Muhle R41
Brush- razorock monster
Preshave - proraso white
Soap - HTGAM - bay rum
Blade- polsilvers

I knew I had to put a bit of effort on the prep for this one so went a hot towel and some Pre shave.
Looking at the razor it didn't really seem that scary. Some of the slants I have look a lot more dangerous. So I went to work with with a lather that had enough foam for a 10 pass shave if I needed and grabbed for the razor that is known to make the most seasoned wet shavers run for the hills.
It had a bit of uncomfortable chatter till I really found the perfect angle of attack.
I could have finished after the 2nd pass but thought I was comfortable in going a full BBs shave.
All well, rinsed and felt almost as smooth as the fine slant from last week. Almost.

1/2 hour post shave and I'm starting to feel a bit raw. Not too bad but hoping I don't get all bumpy and uncomfortable tomorrow.

I don't think I could roll a daily shave with this one. On second thoughts I think the mistake I made was shaving with only a days growth, I think it might be a 2 day + kind of razor.

Blood thinners !!!!

A really good shave tonight but my cardio has for good medical reasons changed my blood thinners but they are not playing nice with a straight razor. No major bleeding - more the agony of a 1000 mini weepers. Still I'm off them in about a month. My skin feels paper thin and looks it.

2 passes DFS lubricated with blood (I may try a beard until I'm off these tabs :) )
Godrej Menthol mist
and a "brush"
Sorry to hear your shaves are being compromised mate. I say go the beard option, then take it off with your biggest blade in 1 month!

Preshave: Hot water splash
Razor/Blade: ATT (R Plate) & Voskhod (1st Shave)
Brush: TF Custom 24mm "Rainbow Falls" 2 Band Finest
Soap: Squadron Soaps"Group Captains Blend"
Post shave: Hot water splash, Bloc D' Alun, Cold Water Splash, Thayers Witch Hazel, TSW Balm.
Aftershave/Cologne: None

Another very enjoyable shave tonight, I love it when it all keeps coming together.
Cheers
MaWN0h6.jpg

Blood thinners !!!!

Godrej Menthol mist
and a "brush"

Hang in there, Baldie!

Preshave: Hot water splash
Razor/Blade: ATT (R Plate) & Voskhod (1st Shave)
Brush: TF Custom 24mm "Rainbow Falls" 2 Band Finest
Soap: Squadron Soaps"Group Captains Blend"
Post shave: Hot water splash, Bloc D' Alun, Cold Water Splash, Thayers Witch Hazel, TSW Balm.
Aftershave/Cologne: None

Another very enjoyable shave tonight, I love it when it all keeps coming together.
Cheers
MaWN0h6.jpg

Big T - you're going all soft lens on me [emoji6].

Razor: Vintage Eclipse Red Ring
Blade: Vintage English Wilkinson Sword (3)
Brush: Simpson 'QEII Jubilee' limited edition 19/150
Soap/Cream: TOSP - Bay Rum
Aftershave Splash: Ogallala Bay Rum - Limes and Peppercorn

TOSP lives up to their name - great first run with this soap. Is it just me though or does their Bay Rum smell very similar to their Barbershop?

According to their website -

Bay Rum - Deep, spicy bay with fresh lime, with whispers of cinnamon and clove.

Barbershop - Bergamot, lavender, patchouli, cedar wood and a touch of basil to take you back to the roots of wet shaving!

So they should be different, must check out the Barbershop again tomorrow, maybe it was just my aged memory ...

17218703_1485108331501600_3417717402132933348_o.jpg

Brush: Maggards synthetic
Soap: Squadron The Warden
Razor: Wilkinson sword "Sticky"
Blade: Wilkinson sword (1)

Nice mild shave on a rainy morning. Soap and brush making a lovely lather.

When I first got this razor I thought I would try the 'mild razor/sharp blade' thing. So I put a Feather in, no good for me, I can't get on with a Feather. Its not because I don't like them, its more like they don't like me. Just when you think you're getting on fine they turn on you!

Have a great day. Put that light out!

Acqua di Parma Leather Shower Gel
PannaCrema Nuavia Rossa
Semogue 830
Pelican Nichiri Strop
Hayashi Diamond 1072
Acqua di Parma Collezione Barbiere Face Serum
Acqua di Parma Leather Cologne Concentrée

d023153f5a3ec1bb130103cecadaff04_zpsqoysnpve.jpg

RUN-DMC - It's Tricky

My 5 year old insisted on joining me in the man cave today "I want to go to school smelling like you dad"
So after what must have been 30 minutes of him deliberating and smelling all manner I threw him in the shower with his choice of Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa. A quick spritz of Colonia Intensa deodorant and he's done (No EDC, the last time he ran to his mum screaming "daddys burnt my face off" and I got a bollocking)
So, today's shaving products were chosen by him with a little help... The music was purely his choice with him belting out "I met this little girly, her hair was kinda curly, went to her house and bust her out, I had to leave real early"

Have a great day

GxJuAID.jpg

Musgo Glyce
Hoffritz 103
Timeless
Feather
Barrister & Mann Baudelaire
Barrister & Mann Baudelaire Aftershave
Chatillon Lux Vide Poche Salve
Australian Private Reserve The Mail EDP

The cooler wet weather continues, definitely a day for a muddy Fougère. First run of the 103 and it's a fantastic brush, very soft with plenty of backbone and great flow through - a keeper.

Have a cracking day Gents :cool:

Acqua di Parma Leather Shower Gel
PannaCrema Nuavia Rossa
Semogue 830
Pelican Nichiri Strop
Hayashi Diamond 1072
Acqua di Parma Collezione Barbiere Face Serum
Acqua di Parma Leather Cologne Concentrée

d023153f5a3ec1bb130103cecadaff04_zpsqoysnpve.jpg

RUN-DMC - It's Tricky

My 5 year old insisted on joining me in the man cave today "I want to go to school smelling like you dad"
So after what must have been 30 minutes of him deliberating and smelling all manner I threw him in the shower with his choice of Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa. A quick spritz of Colonia Intensa deodorant and he's done (No EDC, the last time he ran to his mum screaming "daddys burnt my face off" and I got a bollocking)
So, today's shaving products were chosen by him with a little help... The music was purely his choice with him belting out "I met this little girly, her hair was kinda curly, went to her house and bust her out, I had to leave real early"

Have a great day

Your 5 year old is STARTING on AdP? Wow, where do you go from there? :)

Special time - savour it

Amber and Gold Shave
20170315_071610.jpg

Razor: Gillette New with Stray Whisker handle
Blade: Gillette Super Stainless NOS (1)
Soap: PAA Amber
Brush: TF Amber and Gold Synthetic

Thoughts...
- Cooler weather means warmer soaps. Just a lovely shave. The Amber line is sweet but not too sweet and an underrated Douglas creation.
- Nice to crack out the New. Found I'd got into some bad Futur habits with angle. Fixed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.