Not open for further replies.
3c0e97db904867d2539dc74be396b3df.jpg

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: P&C LE Platypus
Soap: Mystic Water Pompelmo & Fiori
Razor: ATT Kronos R2
Blade: Vintage Gillette Spoiler (5)
Splash: Acca Kappa Green Mandarin

A three day growth was mown down rapidly. Three passes for a DFS+.
The tangy grapefruit notes of the Mystic Water soap were a good base for the extraordinary piquant green citrus powerhouse that is Acca Kappa Green Mandarin. Not one for the faint hearted.

ivPMavj.jpg

Musgo Glyce
Simpson CH1
ATT Colossus R1
Feather
Taylor of Old Bond St - St James Shaving Soap
Barristers Reserve - Classic
Taylor of Old Bond St - St James Cologne

A very relaxing Sunday shave after a very busy week, the simplicity and traditional St James fragrance being most welcome.

Enjoy your shaves, and your Sunday :)

Sunday shave post-Sydney Meetup is bought to you by @todras and his APR soap release with @Sxot:

Razor: E2 Fatboy (5)
Blade: La brune française Wilkinson Sword, fabriqué en Angleterre (6)
Brush: Plissitane
Soap: Australian Private Reserve 'Suitable Attired Australian'
Australian Private Reserve 'Suitable Attired Australian' (sampler)

As is usual, I break my normal alternate day shave routine to try out the APR soap release. It's pretty simple guys -

BUY IT NOW BEFORE WORD GETS OUT!!!

Bloomed it and had a shower, poured off the remainder onto the lid then proceeded to 'load it like I hate it'. 15 seconds in I knew i had enough on the knot, poured the remaining bloom water onto the Plissitane and started working this into my face. It started to lather and I notice that slickness.....it's mind-blowingly slidey on my cheeks as the microlather starts to appear.

I will save the review of this soap for the right thread, but it's worth it.... and I will now need to buy more. Straight users are also really going to like this as it rinses very clean, takes plenty of water....SE/DE users might find the cushioning is a tiny bit lacking but that slickness truly makes up for it. Like driving on a glass road with Teflon tyres and while it is raining mineral oil.

No issues with the shave at all, just go straight to the APR site and buy!

SE/DE users might find the cushioning is a tiny bit lacking but that slickness truly makes up for it. Like driving on a glass road with Teflon tyres and while it is raining mineral oil.

Thanks @Monsta_AU. You've made my weekend, and probably my week with description.

Razor: Vintage Eclipse Red Ring
Blade: Vintage English Wilkinson Sword (6)
Brush: Simpson 'QEII Jubilee' limited edition 19/150
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve les généraux du grand livre shaving soap (Ver 1)
Aftershave Balm: Australian Private Reserve les généraux du grand livre Aftershave Balm
Aftershave Splash: Australian Private Reserve les généraux du grand livre Aftershave Lotion
Cologne: Australian Private Reserve les généraux du grand livre EDP

Today.

Is.

The.

Day!

I was going to say "Trifecter!" but you managed to squeeze an EDP out of Todras too! Is that a Quadfector??

Pre: Cold water splash
Soap: MWF
Brush: The Joker (TF Handle, New Forest Knot)
Razor: Ball end Tech
Blade: Voshkod

I rummaging around in the back of my drawer for something when I bumped into a DE I won as by-catch on an auction. I have never tried it out so thought I'd give it a run. A bit more digging around in the drawer and found a pack of Voshkod some generous soul PIF'd to me in days past. Turned out to be a great combo. I really do like the razor. Smooth, mid range efficient for a DFS shave. Razor has good weight & blance, feels nice in the hand. Looks great - nice etching in the head. Great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks @Monsta_AU. You've made my weekend, and probably my week with description.
It's been a long time since I used anything quite so slick.....if it had the slickness of this. Certainly my brother of filth @Mark would be right into this with his str8's for the way it glides. I think the General would be completely up his alley.

It's ridiculous in terms of what it gives you with very little water, and it just keeps going as you add the wet stuff and it's almost impossible to drown. I'd be looking to try and carry a little mode body/cushion though, maybe a slight reduction of coconut & replace with tallow?

I was going to say "Trifecter!" but you managed to squeeze an EDP out of Todras too! Is that a Quadfector??

You don't bet on the horses much @Sxot ... You are looking for Quadrella.

Finally, note to @borked @Mark1966 @Mark @stillshunter - I think we might be ready for the Phoenix to rise from the ashes.... what say ye?

Last edited:

APR 'Mycroft' soap
TSW synth 28mm
GEM MMOC with GEM Personna blade
(7)
APR 'Mycroft' Splash

Leisurely Sunday mid afternoon shave. Very excited to try the new 'Mycroft' soap and splash from @todras and @Sxot.

First the soap : the tub and waterproof labels are great. Good sized tub with plenty of headroom left to build a lather on the puck. The soap lathers easily and generates plenty of creamy lather. I tried one of the earlier versions of the soap base and this is miles ahead of that prototype. Great face feel and protection and nice post shave feel. The scent is strong and Im not usually a big florally jasmine fan. But will certainly try a few more times to give it a chance - first impressions can be deceiving!

The splash is great - very moisturising and protective - even more than the original APR splashes I have (Alfredus and Ledger). The scent is quite strong and I will have to see how long it lasts.
Overall - fantastic effort @todras = a great soap and splash - definitely recommend !(y)

232c7cea9e672199ab7fad4698d84c4f.jpg

Great Sunday afternoon shave. This soap is up there with the best non-tallow soaps I've used. Not lacking in any department. My only complaint is the balm. Little too thick for my taste, so have to use damp hands and face (plus it smells a little like sunburn cream). Soap scent is wonderful.

It's been a long time since I used anything quite so slick.....if it had the slickness of this. Certainly my brother of filth @Mark would be right into this with his str8's for the way it glides. I think the General would be completely up his alley.

It's ridiculous in terms of what it gives you with very little water, and it just keeps going as you add the wet stuff and it's almost impossible to drown. I'd be looking to try and carry a little mode body/cushion though, maybe a slight reduction of coconut & replace with tallow?

Finally, note to @borked @Mark1966 @Mark @stillshunter - I think we might be ready for the Phoenix to rise from the ashes.... what say ye?
Just double your loading time from the 15 sec and see where it takes you in terms of cushion ;)

Just double your loading time from the 15 sec and see where it takes you in terms of cushion

Yup I agree, I ran with around 45 seconds which is my usual loading time using the M&F and while I used a lot of soap, the lather was so rich and buttery and the shave had superb cushion. It was 30mm of pure lather pork-chop goodness.

I appreciate the feedback. Thank you.

Arrr right. You are correct. I did once bet on a horse or two in high school when a mate told me he had an uncle who gave him a sure winner. I didn't win a cent and never tried again.

This sounds interesting!

If you are thinking what I think you are thinking - YES!

Where do I sign up? Who can take my money? How much do you want?

Errr me. I'll take your money. As much as you can spare.

Were you expecting something in return? Hope not..

04cf60b5c1fb72e73d99554585f33414.jpg

Brush: Simpsons M7
Razor: EJ 89
Blade: Wilkinson Super
Soap: Whispers from the Woods Lavender
A/S: Floid Vigoroso

Great looking lather there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Errr me. I'll take your money. As much as you can spare.

Were you expecting something in return? Hope not..

If it is what I think @Monsta_AU is claiming you can take a WHOLE lot - but I do expect something VERY special in return ...

Preshave: Hot water splash
Razor/Blade: ATT (R Plate) & Voskhod (4th Shave)
Brush: TF Custom "Ice Fusion" 26mm High Mountain White
Soap: T+S "Rainforest"
Post shave: Hot water splash, Bloc D' Alun, Cold Water Splash, Thayers Witch Hazel, TSW Balm.
Aftershave/Cologne: T+S "Rainforest"

Had a bugger of a night last night in so much pain hardly any sleep and again today with my rheumatoid arthritis playing up something shocking. However as the day slowly started to disappear so did the pain so I am feeling pretty good again. So on with the shave. Last outing with this soap splash combo was a little bit disappointing however I think it was just me as this time around it was quite refreshing and performed very well. The wife also entered the bathroom "how dare she during shave time" and said oh what one is that I could smell it through in the lounge and it smells nice !! :D So it must be alright ;)
Lovely shave, the brush is blooming out a little better than it has in the past and it did feel better for it as this knot was tending to hold onto the lather a little. But there was no shortage of lather tonight.
That's it for tonight lads and have a great week !!
Cheers
Tony

gd6yhOj.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.