Shave of the Day Thread - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really enjoying the whole Lemon myrtle/menthol shave experience. I have some crystal menthol coming shortly so may experiment on my upper limit.
Just a single pass with my Russian beauty. Thankfully no blood and no feeling as if I was removing multiple layers of skin. A definite DFS.
All round great shave - @UKSteve - no music except Sargent Peppers from the other end of the house. Certainly brought back some memories. :)

The Sea monkeys are the Calendula flower extract, with Calendula you get the immediate availability of the compounds then the slow release from the remaining extract therefore I leave it in solution. Shaking is an absolute must, with any EO based aftershave!
Mystery solved. Thank you potion-meister(y)

Preshave: Hot water splash
Razor/Blade: Timeless (0.68) & Voskhod (5th Shave)
Brush: TF Custom "Rainbow Falls" 24mm 2 Band Finest
Soap: BW "Aladdin's Spice"
Post shave: Hot water splash, Bloc D' Alun, Cold Water Splash, Thayers Witch Hazel.
Aftershave/Cologne: BW "Aladdin's Spice"

Hot sticky and very wet day here today, but a lot cooler now. So I decided to crack the Beaver Woodright out tonight and had a marvelous shave.
Cheers
Tony
3OLnIG8.jpg
Nice shot @Tony Forsyth - scary, but in a good way:nailbiting:

d6d340fd23715338d516f6be5f148345.jpg

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: P&C LE Platypus 2017
Soap: Squadron - Group Captain's Choice
Razor: ATT Kronos R2
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (1)
Splash: B&M Cologne Russe

Thought I'd try a new Polsilver in the R2 plate, as it performed so well for me in the M2. Very smooth, but quite a few weepers on my neck and a nick on chin. Preferred the Spoiler, but only first try, so will go again tomorrow with a lighter touch.
Three passes for a DFS.

Bandits at Angels one-five - Break, Break, Break!

SOTD 15/03/2017

Pre:
- hot towel prep with homemade preshave oil (mixture of coconut, olive and almond oil.)

Brush:- Omega Boar, feux ivory handle (now my goto brush for everything, gone off the badgers)

Soap: - Australian Private Reserve - Monsta Myrtle (shoutout to @todras for the one off exclusive, stuff is amazing!)

Razor: - 1912 brass GEM razor (shout out to @Snooze for the hook up, was an .....interesting experience haha)

Blade: - GEM single edge SS blade. (worked quite well even tho im a noob to GEMS, was very forgiving)

Post: - Australian Private Reserve - Monsta Myrtle Splash (this stuff will put lead in your pencil first thing in the morning, Liquid gold)

Balm: - The Stray Whisker - After Balm (everyone needs to try this once, and if you dont like it SEND IT TO ME!)

TlwVoDE.jpg

Musgo Glyce
Simpson Chubby 1
ATT Colossus R1
Feather
Fine Green Vetiver
Chatillon Lux Gratiot League Square Salve
Fine Fresh Vetiver Aftershave
Chatillon Lux Gratiot League Square EDT

Great lather makes for a great shave, lovely fragrances too. Fantastic!

Have a good day you blokes :)

Oh My God Shave
20170321_062148.jpg

Razor: Colonial General (first use) on Windrose handle
Blade: Feather Pro (1) (first use)
Soap: Uncle Jon's Fougere (first use)
Brush: TF Amber and Gold Synthetic

Thoughts...
- Get this soft soap. It's a beautiful Fougere with a bit of sweetness. Yummy... which is a bizarre thing to say about a green fougere. Great cushion, glide and slickness but not too much like a Caties Bubbles. Cannot fault it. Will get a full size tub.
- Get this head. It's $29.95 USD and is a great deal for a shaver this efficient and smooth. No weepers on a first use with BBS after 3 passes and pick ups. It was easy to find the angle and yep, very easy to use under the nose which was my primary purchase purpose.
- APR GL. What can I say? Just so much happiness.
- Best shave feel in ages. Feel like dancing to work.

Last edited:
u69OTsc.jpg

Pre: Cold water splash
Brush: Chubby 2 Best
Soap: APR - Alfredus Choice
Blade: Bengal 6/8 Full in Silky Oak Scales

Great choice @alfredus. Wet and dreary morning so it was just the thing. Went to town this morning. Loaded up, face lathered, went back and loaded again, face lathered more. Haha it was needless, but great! Typical two pass (WTG / ATG) shave.

I believe the actual soap formula from the last test didn't chang e and in that case:

https://paste-and-cut.com.au/community/index.php?posts/93856

I did fine tune a little. I shifted one or two ingredients by fractions of percent. Also added Silk Protein which was withheld from the tests due to cost. I am confident you will find the release formulation an improvement on beta 2.2. In terms of lather production they're probably the same. I'll let you be the judge of that though.

I did fine tune a little. I shifted one or two ingredients by fractions of percent. Also added Silk Protein which was withheld from the tests due to cost. I am confident you will find the release formulation an improvement on beta 2.2. In terms of lather production they're probably the same. I'll let you be the judge of that though.

See here - tomorrow, tomorrow, TOMOOOOOOORROW

17359225_1491674017511698_1007885551993051679_o.jpg

Brush: Travelling badger?
Soap: Nivea Sensitive cream
Razor: PAA Bakelite Slant
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (4)

Traveling Light
A decent shave from the travelling kit, I am always surprised what a good shave the PAA gives. Feeling fresh, ready for a warm evening. All very pleasant, nothing to write home about.
I hope there's still some of the APR that everyone's talking about left when I get back.

Have a good evening. Enjoy your shaves​

Status
Not open for further replies.