Nichiri King Pelican 15 100 Year Memorial
Acqua di Parma Collezione Barbiere Balm
Acqua di Parma Collezione Barbiere Revitalising Face Serum
Acqua di Parma Leather Cologne Concentrée
Tom Ford Moisturising Lip Balm

9hdT6GL.jpg

Matt Monro - On Days Like These

Razor: Vintage Eclipse Red Ring
Blade: Vintage English Wilkinson Sword (8)
Brush: Simpson 'QEII Jubilee' limited edition 19/150
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve Mycroft shaving soap
Aftershave Splash: Australian Private Reserve Mycroft aftershave lotion

Belated post of this morning's SOTD. Time for bed now so I can get up and do it all again ...

Brush: Omega Synthetic Hi-Brush
Soap: Prorasso Green
Razor: Edwin Jagger Kelvin
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (6)
Lotion: Pinaud Clubman
Balm: Nivea

The Edwin Jagger Kelvin is a small razor (3.1") with a knurled handle. It is approximately the same size as the Merkur 34C but with a regular-size handle. Using a hardly new Silver Blue blade, it provided a fair shave but areas on and below the chin were utterly resistant to it. I let it go to avoid a nick.

The EJDE Kelvin is about the same size and weight as the Merkur 42C (the 1904) as well as the 1957 Gillette TECH w/ball tip (the very one a photo of which I have used for an avatar).

Razor: Vintage Eclipse Red Ring
Blade: Vintage English Wilkinson Sword (9)
Brush: Simpson 'QEII Jubilee' limited edition 19/150
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve Mycroft shaving soap
Aftershave Splash: Australian Private Reserve Mycroft aftershave lotion

SOTD 22/03/2017

Pre:
- hot towel prep with homemade preshave oil (mixture of coconut, olive and almond oil.)

Brush:- Omega Boar, feux ivory handle (now my goto brush for everything, gone off the badgers completely)

Soap: - Proraso Green Soap (old Faithful)

Razor: - 1912 brass GEM razor (Shaving like a 1912 Sir bitches)

Blade: - GEM single edge SS blade. (worked quite well even tho im a noob to GEMS, was very forgiving)

Post: - Thayers Original Unscented Witchhazell. (nothing fancy just gettin 'Er done)

Balm: - The Stray Whisker - After Balm (everyone needs to try this once, and if you dont like it SEND IT TO ME!)

iqhVwaj.gif

Date: 22 March 2017

Brush: - Semogue SOC 2 Band Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm
Lather: - Squadron Soap - Sweetheart (pinch a sample from my brother shaving Den)
Bowl: - Omega Via Barberia Ceramic Shaving Bowl
Razor: - Feather Artist Club SS Folding Shavette
Blade: - Kai Captain Titan Mild Blade #1
Post Shave: - T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent / APR Coconut Sandalwood (santal de coco)

I've decided to go to the next level to shave without the guard blade and I choose the Feather Artist Club SS folding shavette with a Kai Captain Titan Mild blade which doesn't have the guard mesh screen for a little while is a long story.

65IMmpC.jpg

Musgo Glyce
M&F 3XL 30mm
ATT Colossus R1
Feather
Chatillon Lux + T&S Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli
Chatillon Lux Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli Salve
Chatillon Lux Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli Aftershave
APR Fete au Citron EDP

Feeling the citrus vibe on a humid, damp Wednesday. A shave that ticks all the boxes. Wonderful.

Have a good day chaps, enjoy your shaves! :penguin:

Reef Point Shave
20170322_073151.jpg

Razor: Colonial General with Windrose handle
Blade: Feather Pro (2)
Soap: Reef Point Test Depth
Brush: TF Amber and Gold Synthetic

Thoughts...
- Cool Water meets Vetiver. That's the best description I can come up with on the Test Depth scent of this pairing. It's a good Cool Water and it's a good vetiver too. Soap scent strength of 6 and a good projection with the AS. The AS also has an excellent menthol burst too and is even better than soap.
- I found the soap difficult to face lather correctly... it was dry then too wet. I think I should bowl lather to see if it is just my face lather technique. Good cushion and slickness but I couldn't quite get the glide I like... Which is saying something for how smooth the razor is. Glad I had the Stray Whisker discount as if I'd paid full price I would have been a little miffed. The scent is a delight though. I will give it another go.

20170322_SOTD_S_zpstpqf0rdl.jpg

Pre-Shave: @khun_diddy Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: BBS-1
Blade: Ladas (1)
Brush: Tony Forsyth Platypus Prototype Bob Quinn Manchurian
Lather: Australian Private Reserve Mycroft
Post-shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Great first lather from Australian Private Reserve (picture here) - again congratulations to @todras and @Sxot !!!

I didn't take it as far as I could/should have - but even I sometimes don't load long enough with a new soap :D :D :D

Luckily I have 3 other tubs to try out - I am sure after the first run through, I'll be on top of things - enjoy your shaves (y)

Monday Morning shave:
Pre: Proraso Green Pre/Post
Brush: P&C Platypus
Soap/Cream: Shaver Heaven Peppermint Plus
Razor: Rockwell 6S (5)
Blade: Personna Red
Post-shave: Alum, Emu Oil, Floyd Vigoroso

From this morning:
Pre: Proraso Green Pre/Post
Brush: Omega Boar
Soap/Cream: Shaver Heaven Peppermint Plus
Razor: Rockwell 6S (5)
Blade: Personna Red (2)
Post-shave: Alum, Emu Oil, Clubman Pinaud

4a9dd3da1b7db6b40dedf4e9333c93ba.jpg

Not as comfortable as I was expecting. Not sure if I under hydrated the lather, used the wrong angle or what, but wasn't as nice on the first outing as the 95. Will have to change up in te morning if there's any hair to cut off (very efficient).

4a9dd3da1b7db6b40dedf4e9333c93ba.jpg

Not as comfortable as I was expecting. Not sure if I under hydrated the lather, used the wrong angle or what, but wasn't as nice on the first outing as the 95. Will have to change up in te morning if there's any hair to cut off (very efficient).

Ahh !! the new Timeless has made its entry ;) I am loving my .68 but I do like the .95 or whatever it is. I found the .95 just a little to aggressive around my nose and mouth area but around the cheeks and neck it is awesome.
Im sure it will work out for you and be ready not too shave everyday as its so clean and efficient.

SOTD
Same as yesterday. Couldn't resist the Lavanille soap and splash combo again, Boar Semogue and GEM 1912.
Awesome performance and scent from the Lavanille, but not worth posting a pic.

Might try some Bay Rum tomorrow...or maybe one of Beaver Woodwright's Pirate splashes.

Have a great evening folks (y)

• Pre-Shave: Musgo Real Glyce Soap
  • Soap: L&L Cuir et Epice
  • Brush: Shavemac 2 Band 24mm custom
  • Strop: Premier Strop Co. Red Latigo
  • Razor: Vintage Boker 5/8"
  • Post-Shave: Alum, Myrsol Plastic Shave
Every time I use this ugly razor I'm blown away - a spectacular shave. DFS++ after 2 passes, went for the 3rd and didn't blow it this time, took it nice and smooth. A fabulous BBS with a straight. The L&L hasn't been in rotation for a while due to the heat (the scent is quite full and is a little much above 30C) but I was reminded how good it is. Make no mistake L&L is a top tier soap - I'm talking B&M/Stirling/OSP good. The post feel in particular is fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.