Soap/Cream: Shaver Heaven Peppermint Plus
Razor: Rockwell 6S (5,5,2)
Blade: Astra Green (1)
Post-shave: Alum, Emu Oil, Clubman Pinaud

Razor: Rockwell 6S #2
Blade: Lodz PolSi (3)
Soap: TTFC Angel's Share
Brush: Platypus 26mm Bulb

Back to the Rockwell as I didn't have much hair after last nights shave, and just needed a touch up. So much more comfortable, but certainly less efficient (as one would expect from #2 Rockwell vs. Timeless 68).

First Short Comb Shave
20170327_072920.jpg

Razor: Gillette New Short Comb with Stray Whisker Handle (first use)
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock SS Green (1)
Soap: K Shave Worx Major Wood
Brush: K Shave Worx Gamechanger

Thoughts...
- Glad I decided to try out the recent den acquisition of a New SC this morning. Just as lovely as my LC but even smoother and even closer on my skin!! Thought I'd use my normal kit for everything else so I could really tell what this razor was like. Wow. I had a 2 day growth and achieved a BBS in 3 passes with no pickups... could have stopped at 2 passes for a DFS that would have been perfect for work. One weeper on the third pass that resolved itself on the chin area before the alum. Very little sting in the alum which means my technique with this razor is pretty good now.
- I cut myself putting the blade in for the first time ever during my wet-shaving adventure! What a knob.
- APR Pork Chop is deep vetiver at its best. Beautiful post feel too. When @todras offers it again make sure you jump on board.

Last edited:
dab7aac88b3a1e1a0bfe54a1e7d54f7e.jpg

Razor: PAA Open Comb slant
Blade: shark (3)
Soap: PAA Gondolier
Post shave: Thayer's witch hazel
A/S: Pinaud clubman
A/S Balm: BBR post shave
Have been camping for the past 3 days. So I was more than excited to get my shave on again once I get back. What better way than trying an OC slant for the first time hey!? And due to sunburn, my first Cold water shave. And boy am I happy lad! Such a close and beautiful shave. I love this razor! And PAA made something special with this one :) including the soap

Last edited by a moderator:
lol... I was just reading your review when you posted this :D I'll certainly stick with it and try a few different blades, and also make sure it's not my technique. The only thing that confuses me, is how I could have liked the 95 and found it comfortable, but not the 68. Wondering if the angle of the blade is just slightly different with the increased gap.

Strange that you are having issues @Korbz as I find both very good and very efficient. Just the .95 does not like me in the moustache area and under the bottom lip. other than that they are both great.

dab7aac88b3a1e1a0bfe54a1e7d54f7e.jpg

Razor: PAA Open Comb slant
Blade: shark (3)
Soap: PAA Gondolier
Post shave: Thayer's witch hazel
A/S: Pinaud clubman
A/S Balm: BBR post shave
Have been camping for the past 3 days. So I was more than excited to get my shave on again once I get back. What better way than trying an OC slant for the first time hey!? And due to sunburn, my first Cold water shave. And boy am I happy lad! Such a close and beautiful shave. I love this razor! And PAA made something special with this one :) including the soap

I have to agree with you on the PAA Bakelite Slant. It's a different experience with the lightweight razor but gives a great shave! I like the look of your Vie-Long long brush too.

I have to agree with you on the PAA Bakelite Slant. It's a different experience with the lightweight razor but gives a great shave! I like the look of your Vie-Long long brush too.
I love any razor. Long handle, short handle, slant, OC. I don't have a preference. They all give great shaves if you use what's appropriate for you, and good technique. And oops forgot to put that in the list! Yep. It's a fantastic brush!

GBqj2bm.jpg

Pre: Cold water splash
Soap: APR - Coco de Santal (Coconut Sandalwood)
Brush: Chubby 2 Best
Razor: Ball end tech
Blade: Voskhod

Sort of a weird mood when it came to shaving today. I saved last night but couldn't go to work without a shave this morning but I was tired and couldn't really be bothered. I initially got the Parker 510 out but didn't feel like it. The Chubby 2 came up in rotation too and well, I think I've moved on from this brush. Might be just a little too dense. I know! I'm as shocked as you. It's getting passed over more and more and maybe it's time it had a new home. So I decided to grab the ball end out. Whipped around with two passes for a DFS. So at a mechanical level, pretty nothing shave but at a scent level! Oh man I love this scent!!! It was a LE and it will be sad day when it's done.

eePUsXE.jpg

Musgo Glyce
Timeless
Feather
Hoffritz 103
Barrister & Mann Cheshire
Barristers Reserve Classic
Australian Private Reserve The Orange Place

A nice opening to the week, good lather and great scents. I use the Barristers Reserve as a facial toner these days, a great result all round.

Have a good day people :)
Cheshire... same here this morning. (y)
I will have to try some of the Barristers Reserve myself. Does it feel very different to his other splashes?

Preshave: Hot water splash, Shave Oil
Razor/Blade: ATT Atlas, R Plate(0.58) & Voskhod (7th Shave)
Brush: TF Custom "Rainbow Falls" 24mm 2 Band Finest
Soap: APR "Alfredus Choice"
Post shave: Hot water splash, Bloc D' Alun, Cold Water Splash, Thayer's Witch Hazel.
Aftershave/Cologne: APR "Alfredus Choix"

Having another not so good day today a trip to the Dr's this afternoon, more medication and back to the Dr's tomorrow morning for more friggin test's. Anyway enough of that rubbish. Arrived home Sunday afternoon to a nice parcel surprise from APR after being on the GoldCoast for four days at Australia's largest wood turning symposium so had a shave last night with a four day growth and another shave tonight using The Alfredus Choice package and Wow !!!!!! soap is absolutely awesome and paired with an earlier bottle of aftershave that I bought sometime ago very nicely indeed, so i am having a very pleasant and very relaxing rest of the night ;)
Have a great night compadre's
Cheers Tony

DdsdSDO.jpg

Brush: Omega Synthetic Hi-Brush
Soap: Proraso Green
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable (L-2)
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock SS Green (2)
Post-Shave: Alum / Pinaud Clubman / Nivea Post-Shave Balm

The Slim is like a fine wine that becomes better as it ages. Perhaps a paradox, but 'better', a qualitative term, is relative. Where is the Slim's modern equal?

Preshave: Hot water splash, Shave Oil
Razor/Blade: ATT Atlas, R Plate(0.58) & Voskhod (7th Shave)
Brush: TF Custom "Rainbow Falls" 24mm 2 Band Finest
Soap: APR "Alfredus Choice"
Post shave: Hot water splash, Bloc D' Alun, Cold Water Splash, Thayer's Witch Hazel.
Aftershave/Cologne: APR "Alfredus Choix"

Having another not so good day today a trip to the Dr's this afternoon, more medication and back to the Dr's tomorrow morning for more friggin test's. Anyway enough of that rubbish. Arrived home Sunday afternoon to a nice parcel surprise from APR after being on the GoldCoast for four days at Australia's largest wood turning symposium so had a shave last night with a four day growth and another shave tonight using The Alfredus Choice package and Wow !!!!!! soap is absolutely awesome and paired with an earlier bottle of aftershave that I bought sometime ago very nicely indeed, so i am having a very pleasant and very relaxing rest of the night ;)
Have a great night compadre's
Cheers Tony

DdsdSDO.jpg
Damn that's a lovely brush [emoji6]

Brush: Omega Synthetic Hi-Brush
Soap: Proraso Green
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable (L-2)
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock SS Green (2)
Post-Shave: Alum / Pinaud Clubman / Nivea Post-Shave Balm

The Slim is like a fine wine that becomes better as it ages. Perhaps a paradox, but 'better', a qualitative term, is relative. Where is the Slim's modern equal?
Will be coming in the Rockwell model T I think [emoji57] love the 7 o clock blades too! The SS greens are way better than the sharp edge and permasharp (7 o clock)

Will be coming in the Rockwell model T I think [emoji57] love the 7 o clock blades too! The SS greens are way better than the sharp edge and permasharp (7 o clock)

Unfortunately, it seems production problems (read: cost) have resulted in a change to the forthcoming Rockwell Model T, and it concerns the manufacturing of the head of the razor in Zamak rather than the promised brass. Only yesterday did I read of this development, and it apparently has quite a few individuals upset who had pre-ordered the razor by paying a deposit. Honestly, this very thing was in my thoughts when I referenced the Gillette Slim. I mean, Gillette all but gave away Super Speed razors during the 1960's. They sold for only $.75-$1.00, and a teenager with only a paper route could easily afford a brand new Super Speed. It is hard to understand.

On a positive note: I preferred the Gillette Silver Blue blades and then I tried the 7 O'Clock SS Green blades. Suffice it to say, I've ordered a 100 of them.

@Tony Forsyth - if you continue to post pictures of your Rainbow Falls brush, please add some to your store (and notify me).

Pretty sure he just received 4 or 5 Rainbow Falls blanks mate, and turned one yesterday :)

@thw Gareth has said that he will be putting a poll in this months update for those wishing to venture down the stainless steel hole for a little extra money (and time). Whilst I'm impatient for the Model T, I'll wait longer for a stainless version happily.

Status
Not open for further replies.