Razor: Mongoose SE
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild (15x)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft
Soap/Cream: CC Lime
AS: Thayer's Cucumber/CC Lime
Balm: SH Summer Breeze
Fragrance: Acqua Di Gio EDT

Preshave: Hot water splash
Razor/Blade: Timeless (0.68) & Voskhod (1)
Brush: TF Custom "Rainbow Falls" 24mm 2 Band Finest
Soap: Crown King "The Kiss"
Post shave: Hot water splash, Bloc D' Alun, Cold Water Splash, Thayer's Witch Hazel, TSW Balm.
Aftershave/Cologne: Crown King "The Kiss"

Another not so good day today visiting Doctors and having some scans done, all I want is the pain gone !! I cannot say I enjoyed my shave but I did try my best and it did make me feel a little better and more refreshed even only for a short time. A few months back I never ever would have thought that a shave would have made me feel better when I am crook. Amazing !! any way on with the shave. Soap and brush performed wonderfully and the new Voskhod in the Timless made very short work of the growth.
Have a good night lads.
Cheers Tony
fl9IL6Y.jpg

lLZOm1T.jpg

SOTD (29/3/2017)

Pre:
Lucky Tiger Face Wash
Razor: Mongoose SE
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild (15x)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft
Soap/Cream: CC Lime
AS: Thayer's Cucumber/CC Lime
Balm: SH Summer Breeze
Fragrance: Acqua Di Gio EDT

That's a seriously brave post shave routine you guys pull. Balancing 3/4 different scents,
I have trouble matching something with my soap let alone adding another 3/4 different scents to the equation.

Last edited:
Post shave: Hot water splash, Bloc D' Alun, Cold Water Splash, Thayer's Witch Hazel, TSW Balm.

Another not so good day today visiting Doctors and having some scans done, all I want is the pain gone !! I cannot say I enjoyed my shave but I did try my best and it did make me feel a little better and more refreshed even only for a short time. A few months back I never ever would have thought that a shave would have made me feel better when I am crook. Amazing !! any way on with the shave. Soap and brush performed wonderfully and the new Voskhod in the Timless made very short work of the growth.
Have a good night lads.
Cheers Tony
fl9IL6Y.jpg
Hang in there Tony and keep those fantastic SOTD photos coming! ;)

Pre: Proraso Green Pre/Post
Brush: P&C Platypus
Soap/Cream: Proraso Green
Razor: Rockwell 6S (2)
Blade: Astra Green (2)
Post-shave: Alum, Emu Oil, Floid Vigoroso

Forgot that I had finished the last shave on the #2 plate last shave.
Performed the whole shave this morning on the #2,
and got a nice irritation free shave that was a little lacking...
All the stubble was gone, but only just and I could feel it within hours of shaving. :(
Probably the only drawback of the Rockwell is having to change plates if required...

254ed9e821679a4b3bcffa676c5e4bba.jpg

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue SOC Boar
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch
Razor: ATT Kronos R2
Blade: Vintage Schick Plus Platinum (2)
Splash: Pitralon Classic

Three pass shave - very close DFS+.
Still some weepers and aggressive feel - will try this blade in the M2 plate to get a better handle on this.
Pitralon Classic is aptly named.

Preshave: Jack Black Glycolic Facial Cleanser
Razor/Blade: Type M1 Schick Adjustable (7)
Brush: Ever-Ready 200 w/ VS Finest Knot
Blade: Chinese Schick (5)
Soap: Mike's Hungarian Lavender
Post shave: Thayer's Witch Hazel
Aftershave/Cologne: Fine Lavender Pour Home

I've been reaching for this Injector often recently, which is surprising to me because I picked the razor up for a measly $2 and wasn't expecting much from it performance wise. Achieved BBS on jaw and DFS+ on neck in three passes!

Brush: Omega Synthetic Hi-Brush
Soap: Proraso Green
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable (L - 2)
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock SS Green (4)
Post-Shave: Alum / Pinaud Clubman / Nivea Post-Shave Balm

I used a 5 setting on the Slim with a good result but am thinking 3 days of two-pass shaves is the limit, for me, with the 7 O'Clock Green. The always difficult area on and just below the chin required, after two passes, the patience of a brain surgeon (one supposes) to address, the stubble like fine strands of copper wire.

83ba4636a4f37d2b1fcbc996b26e8115.jpg

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: P&C LE Platypus 2017
Soap: Mike's Lemongrass & Eucalyptus
Razor: ATT Kronos M2
Blade: Vintage Schick Plus Platinum (3)
Splash: APR Aqua Di Sydney

Changed down to the M2 plate, and Bingo! A stellar shave.
This blade, for my skin at least, works best in a mild set-up.
Three passes for a DFS+, with no weepers or irritation.
Mikes suds were predictably excellent, and the Platypus is getting softer with every shave.

ZlaiP51.jpg

Musgo Glyce
Morris & Forndran 3XL 30mm
ATT Colossus R1
Feather
Australian Private Reserve General Ledger
Australian Private Reserve General Ledger Aftershave
Australian Private Reserve General Ledger EDP*

A Fougère for Thursday (almost there!) after a very pressured week. I always pre-load heavy, nothing is worse than a lather that's on the wrong side of frugal. The APR soap composition rewards with thick, slick buttery goodness that takes less water than you would think. Two clean passes with the ATT, a nice cold drenching then on with the General Ledger which was very refreshing on the dank, humid, still Sydney morning.

*I have received a lot of requests for the EDP's I post (Eau De Parfum/20% - 1 spray lasts 8-10 hours) of the various APR scents and I will most likely do a very small batch of 30ml EDT bottles strictly for P&C members only, I will initiate a thread in Aftershaves shortly to gauge interest. It will be pre-order only and very limited :)

Pre: Proraso Green Pre/Post
Brush: P&C Platypus
Soap/Cream: Proraso Green
Razor: Rockwell 6S (2)
Blade: Astra Green (2)
Post-shave: Alum, Emu Oil, Floid Vigoroso

Forgot that I had finished the last shave on the #2 plate last shave.
Performed the whole shave this morning on the #2,
and got a nice irritation free shave that was a little lacking...
All the stubble was gone, but only just and I could feel it within hours of shaving. :(
Probably the only drawback of the Rockwell is having to change plates if required...
I agree @Normie -hopefully the Model T will be the answer!

888338c0856578bfa82bf22c8de0ad27.jpg

Decided to go for a vintage blade that I received from @Mark1966 this morning. Not sure on all the different types, so grabbed one at random (might have to ask which one this is @Mark1966 ). Actually an enjoyable shave :D

@Cris not sure if you've looked at Lebelle soaps before, but Nick does a damn fine job. One of the slickest tallow soaps I've found.

The Paladin has opened up nicely over time. Knot is comparable to the Quinn knot (though tips still have a bit more feel about them, only slightly. e.g. not quite as soft). The other thing it's probably not as large as I would like (only 26mm). I know how unusual it is, given the average brush is only 19mm, but hey I'm just weird. Looking forward to hearing from @cranky on the performance of @Tony Forsyth 's finest knots. They look the part, and if comparable to these, will be grabbing one (or more depending on what unique handles he comes up with :D ).

Last edited:
7cb58cc6f784c877922a7a4e7943fbf1.jpg

Razor: Merkur 34c
Blade: Big Ben (first time I've used them)
Brush: Wahl Silver Tip Badger
Shave cream: Simpsons Caffe Latte
Post Shave: Thayer's Witch Hazel Aloe Vera
A/S Balm: L'Occitane CADE

Insane weather here in Queensland. Hope everyone in the coastal area stays safe. A lot of rainfall here after cyclone further up north. Nonetheless got a beautiful shave this morning, appropriately with a coffee shave cream. Very nice slickness in this cream! And a decent scent. I love coffee but this scent lacks realism, oh well. And these Big Ben blades remind me of Wilkinson Sword Classics in terms of sharpness, but not quite as smooth to my feel. Hope everyone has a great day today [emoji106]

Last edited by a moderator:
Brush: Omega Synthetic Hi-Brush
Soap: Proraso Green (Cream)
Razor: Merkur Kelvin
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock SS Green (3)
Post-Shave: Alum / Pinaud Clubman / Nivea Post-Shave Balm

Today I was drawn back to the Merkur Kelvin, an efficient and smooth little razor. I have med./large hands, and with its knurled handle the Kelvin feels just right. The 7 O'Clock Green blade, like the Kelvin a recent discovery, continues to impress. Presently in an acute RAD phase, I am considering the purchase of the Edwin Jagger DE86RC, a razor with a handle a bit longer than the Kelvin. Its lined handle is rubber coated and comes at a comparatively steep price.

The Proraso Green cream does not perform well with the synthetic Omega brush. This was the second try with thIs combination. There will be no third attempt. The Proraso Green soap, however, has produced excellent results with the brush. It seems to me the perception of smoothness provided by EJ razors is caused, at least in part, by their highly-polished heads.
How good is the post shave feel on the Pinaud Clubman. One of my only AS's that I don't feel I need a moisturiser afterwards

Have a good night lads.
Cheers Tony
fl9IL6Y.jpg
Get well soon mate! I'm sure it'll all lift soon

Status
Not open for further replies.