Musgo Glyce
St James of London Silvertip
Timeless
Feather
Truefitt & Hill 1805 Shaving Cream
Truefitt & Hill 1805 Aftershave Balm
Truefitt & Hill 1805 Aftershave
Truefitt & Hill 1805 Cologne

Not cool, not warm today. Ideal for the 1805 I thought. A good start to tuesday.

Have a good day you glorious bastards :)

G8Trj4g.jpg

Pre-Shave: @khun_diddy Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: ATT S-1 Colossus
Blade: Voskhod (2)
Brush: Morris & Forndran Tigris
Lather: Australian Private Reserve Suitably Attired Australian
Post-shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

A great shave this morning - the soap produced some fantastic lather (sorry, but I forgot to take a picture) and the scent is another wonderful creation by Australian Private Reserve - a lemony Fougere with hints of powdery barber shop (sorry for my poor description of scents). The M&F is certainly the most present brush on my face that I currently have in my rotation. I hope you all enjoy your shaves (y)

iqhVwaj.gif

Date: 28 March 2017

Brush: - Semogue SOC Boar in Cherry Wood 24/55mm
Lather: - Squadron Soap - Dutch Resistance (pinch a sample from my brother shaving Den)
Bowl: - Omega Via Barberia Ceramic Shaving Bowl
Razor: - Feather Artist Club SS Shavette (folding)
Blade: - Kai Captain Titan Mild Blade #4
Post Shave: - T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent / APR - Alfredus Choice Aftershave Splash

c279caece982c5c2832a239d4f9dafd5.jpg

Soap: Washpool Soapery, bergamot cedarwood and patchouli
Razor: Vintage Schick Krona
Blade: Voskhod (2)
Brush: Omega Professional
Post shave: Thayer witch hazel
A/S: Fine Snakebite (best A/S post shave feel and burn I've tried)

So today I did my first shave with a "grooming bar" so it's not specifically designed for shaving, but also for body soap and shampoo. So as advertised, I used it as a shampoo and for my face to clean it out. Got around to the shave and it produced about a 3/10 lather. So airy! But nonetheless I knew it'd have to give some sort of shave. Wow was I impressed, slickness was higher than majority of soaps and creams I have. But below average lather brought little cushioning, luckily I only had one day of growth. Nonetheless, was not disappointed with this shave but will not use it for a shave again. Amazing scents though! Sorry for the huge ramble. Just so surprised with this above average shave

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Pre-Shave: Musgo Real Glyce Soap
  • Soap: Barrister & Mann 42
  • Brush:Shavemac 2 Band 24mm
  • Strop: Premier Strop Co. Red Latigo
  • Razor: Theegarten Solingen 4/8"
  • Post-Shave: Alum, Myrsol Plastic Shave
This 4/8" Theegarten whizzes around my face and is fantastic for under the nose, but fresh off the hones it's lethal.
Having switched to straight razors almost exclusively I am only using soaps that are top notch for glide and B&M Glissant Formula is king of that. Lovely shave.

Brush: Omega Synthetic Hi-Brush
Soap: Proraso Green (Cream)
Razor: Merkur Kelvin
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock SS Green (3)
Post-Shave: Alum / Pinaud Clubman / Nivea Post-Shave Balm

Today I was drawn back to the Merkur Kelvin, an efficient and smooth little razor. I have med./large hands, and with its knurled handle the Kelvin feels just right. The 7 O'Clock Green blade, like the Kelvin a recent discovery, continues to impress. Presently in an acute RAD phase, I am considering the purchase of the Edwin Jagger DE86RC, a razor with a handle a bit longer than the Kelvin. Its lined handle is rubber coated and comes at a comparatively steep price.

The Proraso Green cream does not perform well with the synthetic Omega brush. This was the second try with thIs combination. There will be no third attempt. The Proraso Green soap, however, has produced excellent results with the brush. It seems to me the perception of smoothness provided by EJ razors is caused, at least in part, by their highly-polished heads.

maiy66C.jpg

Musgo Glyce
Mason & Pearson
Timeless
Feather
Eufros GEA Soap
Eufros GEA Aftershave Balm
Australian Private Reserve The Mail Aftershave
Australian Private Reserve The Mail EDP

A humid morning, the high menthol content of the Peppermint EO in 'The Mail' being welcome as was the lather from Manuel's excellent soap. Wonderful!

Enjoy your shaves chaps :penguin:

Status
Not open for further replies.