Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre: Proraso Green Pre/Post
Brush: P&C Platypus
Soap/Cream: Proraso Green
Razor: Rockwell 6S (2)
Blade: Astra Green (2)
Post-shave: Alum, Emu Oil, Floid Vigoroso

Forgot that I had finished the last shave on the #2 plate last shave.
Performed the whole shave this morning on the #2,
and got a nice irritation free shave that was a little lacking...
All the stubble was gone, but only just and I could feel it within hours of shaving. :(
Probably the only drawback of the Rockwell is having to change plates if required...
Stay tuned for model T [emoji6] on the fly adjustability, I've put my order down for one

Last edited by a moderator:
254ed9e821679a4b3bcffa676c5e4bba.jpg

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue SOC Boar
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch
Razor: ATT Kronos R2
Blade: Vintage Schick Plus Platinum (2)
Splash: Pitralon Classic

Three pass shave - very close DFS+.
Still some weepers and aggressive feel - will try this blade in the M2 plate to get a better handle on this.
Pitralon Classic is aptly named.
What are your thoughts on the haslinger soaps? Seem to be getting decent reviews

83ba4636a4f37d2b1fcbc996b26e8115.jpg

Brush: P&C LE Platypus 2017
Soap: Mike's Lemongrass & Eucalyptus
Razor: ATT Kronos M2
Blade: Vintage Schick Plus Platinum (3)
Splash: APR Aqua Di Sydney

Changed down to the M2 plate, and Bingo! A stellar shave.
This blade, for my skin at least, works best in a mild set-up.
Three passes for a DFS+, with no weepers or irritation.
Mikes suds were predictably excellent, and the Platypus is getting softer with every shave.
That scent sounds delicious to me

iqhVwaj.gif

Date: 30 March 2017

Brush: - Semogue Special Edition 2012 Badger/Boar knot 24/55mm
Lather: - Squadron Soap - Group Captain's Blend (pinch a sample from my brother shaving Den)
Bowl: - Omega Via Barberia Ceramic Shaving Bowl
Razor: - Merkur 34C
Blade: - Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow Sharp Edge #2
Post Shave: - Lucky Tiger Aftershave / Australian Private Reserve 'le courier' (The Mail) Aftershave Splash

I'm having a break from the Feather AC SS shavette as my neck need some rest because I can't keep on going while I'm still learning, because I need to look after my skin so don't worry it does take extra time to learn to master the shavette which I'm not going to give up.

iqhVwaj.gif

Lather: - Squadron Soap - Group Captain's Blend (pinch a sample from my brother shaving Den)
Post Shave: - Lucky Tiger Aftershave / Australian Private Reserve 'le courier' (The Mail) Aftershave Splash

I'm having a break from the Feather AC SS shavette as my neck need some rest because I can't keep on going while I'm still learning, because I need to look after my skin so don't worry it does take extra time to learn to master the shavette which I'm not going to give up.
I have a BBR shavette that I still haven't plucked up the courage to use yet! Looking at it stresses me out but also makes me really excited [emoji23]

iqhVwaj.gif

Also, how do you like the Gillette Sharp Edge? I find them a tad too jittery for me, they aren't very smooth in my uses. The super stainless work way better to me

I have a BBR shavette that I still haven't plucked up the courage to use yet! Looking at it stresses me out but also makes me really excited [emoji23]

BBR shavette ?? I believe your talking about the Bluebeards Revenge shavette right?? well this shavette is the same design as the Parker SR1 shavette and if your looking for some extra weight get the Parker SRX Heavy Duty shavette or the Irving Barber Company (IBC) shavette

Also, how do you like the Gillette Sharp Edge? I find them a tad too jittery for me, they aren't very smooth in my uses. The super stainless work way better to me

The Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow Sharp Edge is alright which I can get about 4 or 5 shaves (YMMV) only with the Merkur 34C, my only favorite DE blades are Astra SP, German Wilkinson Sword, Gillette Silver Blue, Perma-Sharp Super, Polsilver Super Iridium, Vintage Polsilver Stainless & Voskhod.

However I don't have just a Merkur 34C razor, I have a complete collection of Safety Razors and Shavettes:-

EJ DE89 Extra Grip Knurled
Fatip Piccolo Nickel
Fatip Grande Nickel
Feather Artist Club DX Shavette (folding & non-folding)
Feather Artist Club SS Shavette (folding & non-folding)
Fine Superlight Slant (travel razor)
Gillette Fatboy Adjustable G2 1961
Gillette New Long Comb 1930
iKon X3 Slant with The Stray Whisker "Howitzer" Handle
Irving Barber Company (IBC) Shavette
Kai Captain Standard DX Shavette (folding & non-folding)
Maggard Razors v2.0 Open Comb with a MR5 Handle
Merkur 23C
Merkur 33C
Merkur 34C
Merkur 1904/41C Open Comb
Muhle R41 v2013 with a MR5 Handle
Muhle R89 with a Weber Razor Classic Handle
Parker Variant Adjustable in Satin Chrome
Phoenix Double Open Comb
RazoRock German 37 Slant
RazoRock Mentor
Razorock Mission
RazoRock Old Type Open Comb
RazoRock Quick-Change (travel razor)
RazoRock Wunderbar Slant
Rockwell 6s
Standard Razor
The Bluebeards Revenge 'Cutlass' Double-Edge
Viking Blade The Chieftain (travel razor)

Rockwell Model T - waiting for my order to arrived around May 2017 shipping & still under project design development until further notices.
Rockwell 6C - waiting for my order to arrived around April or May 2017 shipping until further notices

BBR shavette ?? I believe your talking about the Bluebeards Revenge shavette right?? well this shavette is the same design as the Parker SR1 shavette and if your looking for some extra weight get the Parker SRX Heavy Duty shavette or the Irving Barber Company (IBC) shavette

The Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow Sharp Edge is alright which I can get about 4 or 5 shaves (YMMV) only with the Merkur 34C, my only favorite DE blades are Astra SP, German Wilkinson Sword, Gillette Silver Blue, Perma-Sharp Super, Polsilver Super Iridium, Vintage Polsilver Stainless & Voskhod.

However I don't have just a Merkur 34C razor, I have a complete collection of Safety Razors and Shavettes:-

Fatip Piccolo Nickel
Fatip Grande Nickel
Merkur 23C
Merkur 33C
Merkur 34C
Phoenix Double Open Comb
RazoRock German 37 Slant
RazoRock Mentor
Razorock Mission
RazoRock Wunderbar Slant
Rockwell 6s
Standard Razor

Rockwell Model T - waiting for my order to arrived around May 2017 shipping & still under project design development until further notices.
Rockwell 6C - waiting for my order to arrived around April or May 2017 shipping until further notices
Jealous of the amount of razors you have [emoji6] love it mate that's great! What's your favourite overall razor

Fatip Piccolo Nickel
Fatip Grande Nickel
Merkur 23C
Merkur 33C
Merkur 34C
Phoenix Double Open Comb
RazoRock German 37 Slant
RazoRock Mentor
Razorock Mission
RazoRock Wunderbar Slant
Rockwell 6s
Standard Razor

I too have a model T on the way. I think it'll be a Kickass razor! My first adjustable

Jealous of the amount of razors you have [emoji6] love it mate that's great! What's your favourite overall razor

To be honest it's very hard to choose my deepest favorite because I love all of them, so at the moment I would say iKon X3 Slant and the Parker Variant Adjustable

To be honest it's very hard to choose my deepest favorite because I love all of them, so at the moment I would say iKon X3 Slant and the Parker Variant Adjustable
Oh awesome! I was considering Rockwell model T or Parker adjustable. The site I was looking at was sold out of parkers and I saw that Rockwell model T was coming out "late March" at time I ordered it. Then the week after the announcement came out expecting it for late July. Very frustrating.

I've recently fallen I. Love with the PAA OC slant. Very cool to use Bakelite! So smooth for the closeness too. Awesome with a Voskhod, will try derby tonight

v2ZFCL6.jpg

Pre-Shave: @khun_diddy Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: RazoRock Stealth Slant V1
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Doug Korn D7V
Lather: Stirling Bay Rum
Post-shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Was in a big rush today, so took out the Stealth Slant - my preferred razor for such a situation. Paired with a Voskhod blade and a perfect Stirling lather (sorry again no picture due to time constrains), it resulted in a fantastic shave with a perfect face feel. I still would have loved to have more time..enjoy your shaves (y)

85a7b905583b8e07e8c50bafd6d6ac75.jpg

Razor: PAA Open Comb Slant
Blade: Derby (2)
Shave Cream: Wahl Traditional Barbers
Brush: Omega Professional
Post shave: Alum, Thayer's WH, Proraso Green balm

Not the best shave in the world. I absolutely love love love this cream. But the razor was more on the aggressive side because I'm not used to it yet, especially on daily shaves. But I absolutely had a great close shave, need to find a blade that pairs better! Happy shaving everybody

8cd1e74b8bed881c25474ce0f6904c59.jpg

Brush: P&C LE Platypus 2017
Soap: Tabula Rasa Steampunk
Razor: ATT Kronos M2
Blade: Vintage Schick Plus Platinum (4)
EDT: Tabula Rasa Steampunk Viola

Tabula Rasa is up there amongst my favourite non-tallow soaps. Uniquely soft croap, scents are mentally good, and the post shave feel is the equal of any soap I have tried, including the Tallow heavy hitters.
It's Achilles heel is a lack of residual slickness, but nevertheless an excellent soap on balance.
I have given up trying to describe Steampunk Viola. Suffice to say that I find it unique and fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.