Shave of the Day Thread - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
q0fye3cl.jpg

Semogue Boar, Proraso Red, Parker 34R, Polsilver, Witch Hazel, Viet Cheap'n'Smelly
Easy clean and smooth result from two passes with the Polsilver.No blood either which is always good,and that blade just scythes through my chin stubble like it wasn't there.
Always grateful that I and my kids are able to live the way we do,yet like most Australians,today just a little more thoughtful of the fact.

IMAG0086.jpg

Brush: RR 400
Razor: Timeless Bronze SB
Blade: Rockwell (1)
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine Lathering bowl
Soap: Squadron's Ace
Post: Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil + PAA Atomic travel aftershave

Lest we forget....
XDCSYGn_Nv_TEMTbv-1600x900-no_Pad.jpg

Date: 25 April 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Nivea Body Shaving Stick
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Nacet #9
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic

Having a quiet time and relax at home with my dog that all, found out last night from my brother that my father psychiatrist won't let my father attend to his last Anzac March for the 100 year Anniversary of the Gallipoli and the Great War because of his mental behaver.

Last edited:
Pre: jojoba oil
Rockwell R4 w/Polsilver
TurnNshave "full moon" silvertip synth
Shaver Heaven - Peppermint Plus
Anherb balm

Awesome soap! The scent is so fresh, uplifting and slightly cooling on the skin.

The lather was rich and creamy!! SH really is great soap!!

April 25, 2018 - Wednesday

5QAQOgLl.jpg

Prep: Shower, Stirling Sandpiper
Brush: Dogwood Handcrafts Custom "Pink Monster" 30mm Tuxedo Knot
Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Polsilver SI (2)
Lather: Barrister & Mann - Reserve Lavender - Soap
Post Shave: Chatillon Lux - Pure Lavender - Aftershave

fI4U1Qt.jpg

Chatillon Lux Pre Shave Butter
Declaration Franklin
WolfmanG/UFO
Feather
Chatillon Lux+Declaration Pure Lavender
Chatillon Lux Pure Lavender
Houbigant Duc de Vervins EDT

Razor: Vintage Gillette British NEW head on a Weber classic handle
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (2)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Lightning Ridge shaving soap
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Lightning Ridge splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Lightning Ridge EDP

Anzac Day is traditionally the day when Canberrans can first consider turning on their heaters (with Remembrance Day being the earliest you plant tomatoes) - not this year though!

This shave is dedicated to the last gasps of Summer we are still experiencing here in Canberra ...

Oh, and it was a cracking shave too - thanks for the APR range @todras !

Semogue 1305,
MWF,
Bengall & Tech,
Polsilver,
Witch Hazel,
Old Spice Musk
A shave to be forgotten,but most likely won't.Started with the Bengall and first stroke on neck, caught the toe and a one inch slice that stung like hell.Was not focused enough so re-lathered and grabbed the Ballend.New Polsilver,and it seems that I forgot just how sharp those mothers are.Got through one pass and finishing the top lip and a good,stinging,nick right where the lip itself joins the skin.Actually had to use styptic on that.
Cleaned and stropped the Bengall,cleaned the Tech,said f#ck a few times more than usual,rinsed off,slapped some Witch Hazel and after shave on and left the bathroom with an air of disgust and a barely passable smooth face.

Semogue 1305,
MWF,
Bengall & Tech,
Polsilver,
Witch Hazel,
Old Spice Musk
A shave to be forgotten,but most likely won't.Started with the Bengall and first stroke on neck, caught the toe and a one inch slice that stung like hell.Was not focused enough so re-lathered and grabbed the Ballend.New Polsilver,and it seems that I forgot just how sharp those mothers are.Got through one pass and finishing the top lip and a good,stinging,nick right where the lip itself joins the skin.Actually had to use styptic on that.
Cleaned and stropped the Bengall,cleaned the Tech,said f#ck a few times more than usual,rinsed off,slapped some Witch Hazel and after shave on and left the bathroom with an air of disgust and a barely passable smooth face.

Sounds crap - a good reminder that we should never get entirely complacent about sharp stuff.

On a more positive note - tomorrow will most likely be a great shave !

Semogue 1305,
MWF,
Bengall & Tech,
Polsilver,
Witch Hazel,
Old Spice Musk
Been there done that myself many moons ago with a straight now avoid

Pre: jojoba oil
Progress XL w/Polsilver
TurnNshave "quarter moon" tuxedo fan
CADE soap
Anherb balm

Oh my, the scent on the CADE is intoxicating! First use of it after about 8 months and it couldn't have been better!!

I'm a huge fan of the tuxedo fan! :)
It's an awesome knot and the face feel is awesome!

IMG_20180426_132417-01.jpg

My first expensive modern DE to try on loan- the ATT with H2 baseplate courtesy of the always generous @TomG . I don't think I have a single razor I've paid more than $110 for. Indeed, my collection slants heavily towards vintage so far. This is a special treat.

And my opinion?

OUTSTANDING razor. Beautifully simple design that screams sturdiness. I love the aggressiveness and yet it's a smidge smoother than the R41... which is also a favourite of mine. A BBS pretty much off three passes only. A DFS off two. No pickups required. I did score a few weepers because my skin is still recovering from a breakout due to my foolish flirtation with goo. Razor wouldn't have caused any otherwise.

If you own an ATT head with H2 plate that you no longer require then I would be interested in taking it off your hands... I would replace my R41 with this beauty.

VrNxD3Fl.jpg

Brush: Atomic Rocket
Soap: Arko
Razor: Damaskeene OC
Blade: Gem SS

I thought the scent of Arko wasn't too bad and I might get used to it, no. Luckily I had something good to compensate for it.​
Yay, damaskeen oc
Nice! E: How is the spring on it?
I got cocky with my dragging on blades that should be in the bin and yesterday got a heap of weepers from a micromatic shave. First time trying one after my hiatus and I should have had a lot more respect for it :D
I have been too slack with 1912s, plus the best MMs I had were sold off so I was on rocky ground with a non favourite. On the bad side - yeah, I'll save money by not wanting to leave the house for a couple of days. On the good side the razor has been blooded.
Wait, did I get them right? the bad point is the good and vice versa ;)
Maybe there's no good side except rb rhum everywhere, all the time :wacky:

IMAG0087.jpg

Brush: Yaqi 30mm
Razor: Rockwell 6S (4)
Blade: Gillette Nacet (3)
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine Lathering bowl
Soap: APR Lightning Ridge

Soft, slick, smooth, delightful, efficient near BBS (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.