Shave of the Day Thread - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
April 27, 2018
wt6tXtcl.jpg

Prep: Shower, Stirling Sandpiper
Brush: Mozingo Brushworks "Taste the Rainbow" - TSN Badger
Razor: Anodized Aluminum Wolfman WR-1DC on WRH-2 (Black & Purple)
Blade: Polsilver SI (3)
Lather: Australian Private Reserve - Lightning Ridge - Soap
Post Shave: Australian Private Reserve - Lightning Ridge - Aftershave
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve - Lightning Ridge - Eau de Parfum

April 27, 2018
gDeY4ROl.jpg

Prep: Shower, Stirling Sandpiper
Brush: Maseto Shaving - 30mm Silvertip Fan
Razor: Anodized Aluminum Wolfman WR-1DC on WRH-2 (Black & Purple)
Blade: Polsilver SI (4)
Lather: Mickey Lee Soapworks - Colonia di Agrumi (Garage Sale Edition) - Soap
Post Shave: Mickey Lee Soapworks - Colonia di Agrumi (Garage Sale Edition) - Aftershave
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve - Fresca - Eau de Parfum

Since I didn't post yesterday, decided to add yesterdays SOTD on here as well. Haven't used this CdA soap/splash combo in quite some time. The splash smelled kind of funky, not sure why but it did lol. TGIF!​

llQVTMfh.jpg

Pre: Pb Pre Shave Emulsion
Soap: Pb Ub63
Brush: 26mm TF HMW
Razor: Lindberg Munchen 11/16 1/2 Hollow Ground
Nice shave today with the Lindberg Muchen. This was my first straight razor purchased a couple of years ago. A fine implement that I enjoy using.

Semogue 1800
Haslinger
Mingshi
Polsilver
Witch Hazel

Started with the Mingshi set on 5 today for first pass,then down to 2 for second.Let the razor do the work,using it's own weight and had no issues and surprising how smooth it can be on the higher settings.

Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Razor: Rockwell 6S (4)
Blade: Gillette Nace (4)
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine Lathering bowl
Pre: Shower & PAA Cube
Soap: B&M Lime/Lavender/Ciderwood
Post: Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil + B&M Lime/Lavender/Ciderwood splash

A quick 3 pass shave prior to the CBR Meet Up - swapped out the Nacet for the horrible Rapira and achieve a smooth, efficient near BBS. The Cube left my face feeling soothed and something about it exposed the sunburn on my recently shaved head, as it's fairly nice and pink :facepalm: Love the scent profile of the soap (not over powering) and performance wise it's great. Finished off with some splash and I really felt the burn as I pushed a bit hard aiming for a close shave! Have a great weekend and happy shaves...

I used a larger amount of the APR sample today and the lather was fantastic - just needed to dial in the amount - Im sure it will lather perfectly in a full sized tub.

F2 is new, and like you say it's all about dialing it in. No matter what the soap, it takes me 1 or 2 shaves to get it where it needs to be, it's par for the course with anything worth it's mettle.As you rightly point out, it is a soap that likes a generous load initially which is intentional as Nick and I both like really full, rich, voluminous lathers (I asked Nick to specifically make it a slightly softer soap too).

I was really reluctant to use the small 50gm blue tubs for the soap testers as they are without fail never as good as loading from a tub, even when you spread them onto the bottom of a bowl or scuttle and that's aside from the issue of the people whose preference is to face lather. As an artisan who speaks to other artisans, we hate soap samples for this reason - it's so easy to get a bad rap due to the sample size used.

So, the first ever review from a tub loaded F2 AP Reserve...We wanted an Aussie to do it as we are an Australian brand.

We arranged for @Spencer Frankel to receive a tub of Velours Noir directly after it was perfumed, Nick shot him up a tub which he used a couple of times and posted his impressions. No doubt other Aussie YouTube reviewers will also be receiving a tub of soap...

I will be submitting both the Velours Noir Soap and Splash to Ruds Reviews as he takes no prisoners, talks straight and there is zero bullshit. He also tests the soap shaving with a straight and has a simply massive soap collection and years of experience.

Pre: coconut oil
Progress XL w/Polsilver
EJ silvertip fibre V1 21mm
MWF
Anherb balm

Great shave despite having the progress on a lower than usual setting.

The silvertip fibre is the most unique synthetic fibre available. It feels completely different to every other synthetic knot.

20180428_093546_01.jpg

Razor Burn have you tried plate R5 using the Nacet, the R5 gives you more efficient and very smooth.
Yes I have @Speedy and my favourite is R4 as it's smooth enough for me that I can use it as a daily shaver. Basically any plate between R3-R6 works great against by beard growth but YMMV :)

It was a nice day, so I shaved twice. first in the morning, short of time, and second in the late evening, to be fully "made"

morning:
Pre: hot water
razor: Magard V3A
blade: Astra green
brush: BSB2 silvertip
Soap: Squadron Soap "The Warden"
Splash: Floid Suave

BEhVTLF.jpg

evening:
Pre: hot water
razor: Weber/UFO
blade: Astra green
brush: semogue 2000 boar
soap: APR Coeur de Vert
Splash: APR coeur de Vert
balm: TSW

E3q0U9a.jpg

First one in a hurry, so not much room to self-enjoyment. Second one much more relaxed. CdV has resulted in being my most used soap, according to the tub's weigths. It almost have a donut!. I'll spend most of next month in the field trapping "the black little fellas" aka Tasmanian Devils, so I will probably carry CdV with me, and maybe a copule more of soaps. I do love of CdV splash feels in my skin. I found it a bit different from others APR splashes :)

And keeping documenting the lather, of course :)

Status
Not open for further replies.