Shave of the Day Thread - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

• Thiers Issard 5/8
  • Castle Forbes - Lime
  • Simpsons Tulip 3, Manchurian
Cracking shave this morning. The scent from this cream is just amazing. So fresh and uplifting. Lovely cream to shave with also, great cushion, slickness and post shave feel. I started off with the lather too thick, but a little bit of warm water and the razor was just gliding over my face.

SMUOLJ1l.jpg

Proraso Green Pre
Somersets
APR Skyefall Soap
Omega #49 Boar
Rockwell 6S R5
Astra Green (2)
Thayers/GFT Sandalwood Skin Food
APR Skyefall Splash​

Progress XL w/Polsilver
Muhle silvertip fibre large v2
Haslinger Salbei
Anherb balm

Spectacular lather!!
The more I use this brush, the more I am convinced muhle is actually the best synthetic brush on the market!!

The v1 generates the lather a bit faster but the v2 is a bit more comfortable. Not much of a trade off either way and I love both versions!

IMAG0183.jpg

Brush: PAA Green Ray
Razor: Parker Variant (2 = 3 passes)
Blade: Perma-Sharp (4)
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine lathering bowl
Soap: A&E Asian Plum

A quick pre-work DFS. Fantastic soap - premium performance, lovely scent & wonderful post shave feel. Really no need for any post shave attention but I love this balm so why not slap on a bit :) Notice a bit of blade feel & drag from the blade but still left my face super smooth with no need for any major touch up's. Oh happy days..... Have a great evening!

Pre: Warm water, Crew oil
Hey @Nico what do you think of the crew oil? I ordered some last week as I found it for $15.60 delivered. Not done pre-shaves before other than Proraso pre green but didn’t get much outta that!

I face lather so hope it doesn’t get brushed away nor clog my razor??
Thanks

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Paladin Lotus Select Badger
Soap: Eufros Shave Nook LE 2018
Razor: Merkur Futur (2)
Blade: NOS Schick Plus Platinum (2)
Scent: Caron Le 3' Homme EdT

Another wonderful shave. The Eufros soap was most impressive - very creamy, slick lather and a very natural herbaceous scent, balanced with dry woods.
Not often I am BBS after three passes without any buffing, but that I am. :D
Off for a few pre-match pints before watching Chelsea at Optus Stadium.

Hey @Nico what do you think of the crew oil? I ordered some last week as I found it for $15.60 delivered. Not done pre-shaves before other than Proraso pre green but didn’t get much outta that!

I face lather so hope it doesn’t get brushed away nor clog my razor??
Thanks

G'day @tim33z ,
As you know everyone's skin and whiskers are different. My experience with the Crew oil as a lubricant is pretty good. I apply a few drops to my face about 5 min before shaving. Certainly less irritation when i use it. Had no issues with clogging my razors.

Peter Charkalis is producing some phenomenal soaps and scents lately and Asian Plum is certainly up there in terms of performance with Wholly Kaw
It's a beautifully crafted scent and not one dimensional
I believe this particular soap is based on the calani oriental plum and really looking forward to trying his fig soap soon

Well something interesting and different to the usual seen around here nice to see could be worth checking out

8adqPSel.jpg

Pre Shave: Shower, Wash face with L'OREAL skin awakening face wash, TOBS Jermyn
Brush: Razorock Monster
Soap: TOBS Jermyn cream
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89
Blade: Astra SP (1)
Post Shave: Nivea 2 phase AS lotion

I found "THE" Angle today, what a difference that makes a DFS 2 pass with way less irritation (almost none) and the blade was great felt sharp and smooth. It's amazing when you finally find that angle, was so excited I almost cut myself :LOL:

Razor: Vintage Gillette L1 'Slim' Adjustable (5)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (2)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson 'The Duke'
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch shaving soap
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch EDP

So nice, I think that this is one of my all time favourites

2zrp3tf.jpg

Rockwell 6S R3 w/ Polsilver (1)
Semouge 830
Squadron Soaps Group Captains Blend Soap and Splash
TSW After Balm

I have only had one other tobacco scented soap, the P&B Spitfire which I didn't really like. I love this one though. The malt scent makes it. The scent is amazing. The soap makes a good lather, it's identical to the Scramble Soap. The splash is soothing and the scent is strongish. Highly recommend! I hope the splash becomes permanent.

Thanks again @SchoolForAnts

Status
Not open for further replies.