Not open for further replies.

1. Preshave: Cyril R Salter - Lavender
  2. Blade: Feather
  3. Razor: Timeless, OC, 0.95
  4. Soap: Al's shaving cream - Goodfellas
  5. Brush: Dovo silvertip
  6. Postshave: Jojoba oil
  7. Earworm: Eskimo - Damien Rice
This was one of the first proper shaving creams that I purchased and I still love it. It must be getting on for 3 or so years old and the scent is still as food as when I first got it. I find that this cream always creates a great lather, that is easy to whip up. It doesn't have the smoothest post shave feel, but it has enough cushion and glide for me. First time using the 0.95 OC Timeless and I didn't find it too aggressive, even with a new feather blade. DFS after 2 passes so stopped there as I was in a bit of a rush this morning.

Yesterday; Semogue boar, Proraso Red, Parker 34R, Polsilver, Witch Hazel

Today;

v8sCcp9l.jpg

Semogue 1305, Mitchells Wool Fat, Bengall, Witch Hazel, Viet Fougere
Nice straight shaves over the last couple of days.Proraso works well with the ultra sharp blades in the shavette and today had more of a "5 O'clock shadow" than what could be classified as whiskers,thanks to the Polsilver.A very quick and easy one pass for a smooth result today.

Peter Charkalis is producing some phenomenal soaps and scents lately and Asian Plum is certainly up there in terms of performance with Wholly Kaw
It's a beautifully crafted scent and not one dimensional
I believe this particular soap is based on the calani oriental plum and really looking forward to trying his fig soap soon

Sounds fantastic, let's see some of your sotd pics and lather shots of said products :)

Never had the inclination; there are myriads of FB groups devoted to SOTD's:stop::):stop:

There are indeed, there is also this sub-forum where you are posting right now called 'Shave of the Day'

As you can see we post SOTD pictures here, especially when we make endorsements or recommendations in relation to products that are available. We do this so that other members can see the performance and indeed the validity of the claims and recommendations being made directly.

There are indeed, there is also this sub-forum where you are posting right now called 'Shave of the Day'

As you can see we post SOTD pictures here, especially when we make endorsements or recommendations in relation to products that are available. We do this so that other members can see the performance and indeed the validity of the claims and recommendations being made directly.
(y)

IMAG0185.jpg

Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R4)
Blade: Crystal (1)
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine lathering bowl
Soap: APR Ozymandias

A kick ass BBS shave with some of my favourite gear. A first attempt using this blade and it shaved very well - sharp but super smooth and I'd happily recommend it so thanks @Kaeckerut for the gift :) The soap performed as to be expected - plenty of luscious, slick, cushioning lather with superior post shave feel and it really was a toss up between the Winter scents as to which to use but glad I grabbed Ozymandias. A truly wonderful scent and top notch splash to match (y) Have a great afternoon and see you in the next SOTD...

Date: 24 July 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Tabac Shaving Stick
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 38C / Polsilver Super Iridium #2
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer
Fragrance:- Proraso Wood & Spice

FSvCUFd.jpg

Pre-Shave: SebaMed, cold water
Razor: Rex Ambassador (2-3)
Blade: Ladas (2)
Brush: Paladin Sumo Lapis
Lather: Mike's Orange, Cedarwood, & Black Pepper
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Another fantastic shave with the Rex and the Mike's lather was so good, I used it straight away and forgot to take a lather shot - sorry ;)

All this talk about the R41 - I just had to go have a shave....

zFLzF2N_d.jpg

Pre: Hot shower, Truefitt & Hill Shave Oil....
Razor: Muhle R41....
Blade: Feather....
Brush: Tony Forsyth Imperial Red (its a great brush)....
Soap: B & M - Cheshire....
Post: Thayers, B & M - Cheshire Splash, APR Velours Noir EDT....

I once feared the R41 and it took a while to actually take it out of the packaging and use....
But I must say that I love its efficiency (aka aggressiveness)....
I love that blade feel and feedback....
I love that it demands respect from me and in turn I get a beautiful shave....

Pre: Warm water, Crew oil
Razor: Karve C
Blade: Astra Green
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk1
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron Group Captain's Blend

After a full on crappy day at work I looked forward to a nice relaxing shave, got one. (y)

Razor: Vintage Gillette L1 'Slim' Adjustable (5)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (3)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson 'H2' boar
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR)Fenchurch shaving soap
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve (APR)Fenchurch splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR)Fenchurch EDP

No time to think on early morning shaves - so stick with yesterday’s setup. Can’t go wrong with APR anyway!

Then the flight is delayed...

Pre: Shower + Proraso pre cream
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Timberwolf
Soap: B&M Reserve Cool (sample)
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R2)
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (German) (3)

No photo today as i don't believe photographing sample's do them justice. :chicken:
The SV Cosmo was a freebie from Leon at Pasteur's who threw a whole bunch of stuff my way when i stocked up there recently. There are other scents but i just grabbed this one today as i have more of them than the others ;)
Just realised that when i turned on the TV last night, it was on the Seinfeld episode where they find out Kramer's first name - Cosmo.... i was meant to use this aftershave today!

This soap sample has still not given me what i want from a soap, not sure why but when i use a full puck of Spice or Classic, i have no issues. I wonder if it might be the Yaqi (note to self - try with the Big Bruce tomorrow)? The scent i enjoy, as well as the glide of the razor, but the volume isn't cutting it! At this rate, i wouldn't be buying a full tub of the Cool.

This blade begun to show some tugging so has been scrapped after only 3 uses. I might just dig through my stash and pick a random blade tomorrow morning for some randomised fun! (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.