Status
Not open for further replies.
g7Tu9nrl.jpg

Pre: Pb Pre Shave Emulsion
Soap: Pb Bay/Lime MkIII
Brush: Omega Boar 10083
Razor: EDV Neistrom 4/8"
AS: Pb Bay/Lime
Honed the EDV Neistrom last night. The bevel was in pretty poor shape.
Q4JSZ1hm.png

After honing it looked the part .......
lRmq3Sem.png

but I wasn't convinced I had nailed the honing.
The test is in the shave.... and it shaved really well, better than some of my larger straights. The small razor was like using a teaspoon to eat your cereal, a bit fiddly and a little harder to get a grip on, but it did a fantastic job. A very enjoyable shave. Bold type for @alfredus .
Glad I didn't get to MkIII for nothing....lather was goood.

1. Preshave: Cyril R Salter - Lavender
  2. Razor: 5/8 Hart Steel, Barber Notch
  3. Soap: RazoRock Razorocktober
  4. Brush: Proraso Boar
  5. Postshave: Jojoba oil
  6. Earworm: Super Massive Black Hole - Muse
This soap doesn't have a very strong scent, I seem to remember reading somewhere that they only added about 1/4 of the fragrances for this batch of soap. It has a sort of yeasty/bready smell, but is not overpowering. I find that with a really solid load I am able to get a good lather from both of the RazoRock soaps that I own and today's was no disappointment. Lovely shave with this Hart straight, nice and slow and another DFS after two passes. I am finding that with this colder weather the jojoba oil is really helping to calm my skin after a shave.

is that an HG Scuttle @Pbgoose
Yep, I scored it 2nd hand. I love it. It's really well designed (the thought put into this becomes apparent when you've used other scuttles), constructed and very practical. It's fantastic for lathering and keeping your lather warm on cold mornings. If you're thinking of getting one I don't think you'd be disappointed. I wouldn't mind getting their larger scuttle but I'm maxing out my shaving budget regularly anyway and I'm spoilt for scuttle choice so maybe later.:)

DoFdl4dl.jpg

Proraso Green Pre
Somersets
Squadron Group Captains Blend Soap & Splash
Semogue 1305
Rockwell 6S R5
Astra Green
Thayers/GFT Skinfood

Loved the scent of Group Captains blend....really nice.
Think the third pass today was a mistake. Whilst it left me BBS, it also stung a wee bit and left a bit of razorburn.
Normally just go two passes with the 6S on R5. Maybe a combination of new blade and that third pass.
I might dial it back down to a R2/3 and stick a feather in and see how that goes.​

Rockwell R4 w/Polsilver
EJ STF v1 Large
Shaver Heaven - Papaya Chill
Anherb balm

The climate right now is not harsh on my skin so I haven't required the pre shave oil.

Loved the subtle menthol in the papaya chill.

Amazing BBS!!

g7Tu9nrl.jpg

Pre: Pb Pre Shave Emulsion
Soap: Pb Bay/Lime MkIII
Brush: Omega Boar 10083
Razor: EDV Neistrom 4/8"
AS: Pb Bay/Lime
Honed the EDV Neistrom last night. The bevel was in pretty poor shape.
Q4JSZ1hm.png

After honing it looked the part .......
lRmq3Sem.png

but I wasn't convinced I had nailed the honing.
The test is in the shave.... and it shaved really well, better than some of my larger straights. The small razor was like using a teaspoon to eat your cereal, a bit fiddly and a little harder to get a grip on, but it did a fantastic job. A very enjoyable shave. Bold type for @alfredus .
Glad I didn't get to MkIII for nothing....lather was goood.
Nice honing @Pbgoose ! These baby straights are good for the top lip area. Maybe they were barbers shaping razors?

Nice honing @Pbgoose ! These baby straights are good for the top lip area. Maybe they were barbers shaping razors?
Thanks Snooze. That would make sense. I hadn't researched their use at all, basically ignored 4/8 razors previously, but being small and very light shaping use makes sense.
Attached following image just for interest of comparative size of 6/8" TI, 4/8" EDV Neistrom and Ladies Burette.
The 4/8 felt strange in the hand due to small size and thinness of blade.
6r6Puz4l.jpg

Pre: Warm water, Crew oil
Razor: Gillette Slim (5)
Blade: Astra Green
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk1
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: APR Skye Fall
Another great shave. Really liking the Aussie soaps and splashes. (y)

1. Preshave: Cyril R Salter - Lavender
  2. Blade: Feather
  3. Razor: Charcoal Goods Magnum, Level 3
  4. Soap: Cella
  5. Brush: Floris, Pure Badger
  6. Postshave: Jojoba oil
  7. Earworm: No Good Start The Dance - The Prodigy
Crapy shave this morning, I added too much water to the lather and ended up with a watery mess. I didn't have time to start over so had to make do with a quick single pass. This is an aggressive razor, so what with the crappy lather I ended up with a fair bit of irritation. Will not make the same mistake tomorrow.

IW19ZZ3l.jpg

Pre: Proraso Red
Razor: Muhle Rocca
Blade: Polsilver SI (1)
Brush: Razorock BC Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Wholly Kaw Man from Mayfair

All the new products! This razor is super super efficient, it was the closest shave I've had in a while but at the cost of a few nicks. Might also be that the Polsilver is too keen an edge for it, and that a 'tamer' blade might work better. I'd read that the angle while using the Rocca is steeper than usual, and I found that to be absolutely true. Every other DE I've used required a much shallower angle, but here I was practically holding the razor vertically at times. Well regardless, look forward to exploring its kinks as time goes on. :)

4DKPZPRl.jpg

Soap: Pb Tonka n Tamanu
Brush: Vie Long Horse
Razor: GEM Micromatic
Blade: GEM (5 and out)
AS: Pb Tonka n Tamanu
The TnT AS is quite heavy as it has a little Tamanu oil in it so didn't need Jojoba oil today.
Was mucking around with mirrors so see what sort of shots I could get......
IPMBYbem.jpg

and was cleaning up glass for the following 1/2 hour.:facepalm::whistle::stop:

Status
Not open for further replies.