Shave of the Day Thread - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-Shave: Cold water
Soap: Squadron 2018 Memorial Auction soap
Brush: EJ28 Silvertip
Razor: EJ DE89
Blade: Astra SP (2)
Post-Shave: Styptic, Alum, Squadron 2018 Memorial Auction Splash, Bulldog Moisturiser

Had a nice shave, Got a little heavy handed hence the styptic on the chin.

Brush: Omega 22mm
Razor: Maggard V3A
Blade: Astra Green (1)
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine lathering bowl
Soap: APR Winterfall

My first attempt at a head shave and overall a pleasant experience. The soap lathered up great with super slickness but let down by the smaller sized brush. No major nicks or irritation and look forward to experimenting with different DE's and blades to find my daily driver - no going back as I'm loving the clean shaven look :cool:

Date: 26 July 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- A&E ~ Vanille de Tabac
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 38C / Polsilver Super Iridium #3
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer
Fragrance:- N/A

WOW!! :wideyed: I really enjoy the scent of Vanille de Tabac, I can only smell sweet tobacco leaf, tonka bean, maybe ginger, something spicy in the background and I'm not 100% sure there could be cocoa as well.

@Peter Charkalis why did you call Vanille de Tabac when I can't really smell vanilla, the tub smells kinda like vanilla in the background, but, it's doesn't have the proper vanilla scent. Otherwise, this is a fantastic soap in my den (y)(y);)

IMG_0356.jpg

Rockwell R4 w/Polsilver
Muhle STF2 large
Cade soap
Anherb balm

WOW I absolutely love this soap!
I've had the same puck in my den for 10 years now (it was one of my first shaving soaps) and it still performs like a champ and no detectable scent loss.

Wonderful, creamy lather with that unique and gorgeous cade scent!

SOTN 26/07/18
Brush: Omega 22mm
Razor: Maggard V3A
Blade: Astra Green (1)
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine lathering bowl
Soap: APR Winterfall

A quick face shave with the same setup as earlier today with better results. Super smooth, slick and cushioning with a delightful scent :) Happy shaves!

I wanted many time to enjoy this shave, as a first of some many that will be based on a superb pif I have gotten from nothing less than @todras !!!!

So I had to start with a shower, followed by the software:

Machine: Weber/UFO
blade: Polsilver stainless
brush: yaqui sagrada familia
soap: SMG PAssion
splash: B&M citricuya

XxdWepb.jpg

AFAIK both the soap and this splash were made as limited edition for the South florida wet shaving community. I've never been there, but I can imagin on a hot but humid environment, both scents are totally winners. I choose the soap because I never heard of it, and it was a nice strong passionfruit scent. The spllash because from what I got, it was the closest, and actually they worked very well!!!.
I think I add to much water,m for how the lather ended up looking, but it worked very well, for passes plus minor fixes to get a really bbs face with zero irritation, and this is something not avery soap can handle. The splash is so far the nicest of B&M I have experienced (I may change this sentence tomorrow, btw), and it last a bit.
The blade was a bit rude on the first pass (>48 hours of beard growth) but did also a great job, no irritation, niks or anything to complain.
didn't go for a parfum as I had no one at hand to match, and some of the new ones pif'ed, I still have to exxperience and sniff on them :)

Than you so much Dan, this stuff is really god :)

Razor: Vintage Gillette L1 'Slim' Adjustable (5)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (4)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch distressed Culmak reknotted in TGN Finest
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR)Fenchurch shaving soap
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve (APR)Fenchurch splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR)Fenchurch EDP

Home again last night from BNE to head off to SYD this morning - snuck in a great shave between!

Somehow this Fenchurch soap is getting used up, not sure if it evaporates while I'm away but I'd better get a back up ;)

Pre - Hot shower
Brush - Yaqi Timber Wolf synthetic
Soap - Stirling Hot Apple Pie
Razor - Rockwell 6s (4)
Blade - Treet Platinum (2 and out)
Aftershave - Stirling Ben Franklin

Excellent lather with a nice scent that almost had me eating it! It would easily pass as a practical joke on someone to put this on a pudding! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::whistle::whistle::yuck::yuck::mad::mad:

This blade was bordering on shit! Nothing else needed to be said about it. I do have another 2 types of Treet so I hope they are better. Will see one day.

My Ozymandias is the same! I dunno if I'm using it way more or what, but I feel like I'm burning through it.

It is a conspiracy - they have worked out a formula that reacts to air and dissolved so we buy more!

1. Preshave: Cyril R Salter - Lavender
  2. Blade: Feather, day 3
  3. Razor: Charcoal Good, Anchor, Level 2, Dual Comb
  4. Soap: D. R. Harris, Arlington
  5. Brush: Dovo silvertip
  6. Postshave: Jojoba oil
  7. Earworm: Analyse - Thom Yorke
Nailed the shave today. This razor just works for me and I managed to whip up a superb lather from the D.R.Harris soap.

Status
Not open for further replies.