Status
Not open for further replies.
lz4sxjIl.jpg

Soap: Pb Tonka n Tamanu V2
Brush: Vie Long Horse/Badger
Razor: Asylum Rx
Blade: Feather Pro Guard (2)
AS: Pb TnT
Some annoying loss of efficiency with the Pro Guard blade. The TnT performed well with the Asylum.
We're actually getting some rain. The new pup sat on the back doorstep this morning wondering what it was.

On this occasion...I'm more interested in seeing the new pup than the SOTD gear.

Pre: Warm water, Crew oil
Razor: Gillette Slim (5)
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk1
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: APR Skye Fall

Rockwell chrome R5 w/Indian permasharp
Frank Shaving 2 band turnback
Soap Commander Courage
Anherb balm

Got my FS travel brush and hand lathered three times just to get it to bloom out properly. There was no badger funk to speak of.

Excellent brush! Not too dense but not at all floppy. The 21mm knot held plenty of lather that there was leftovers even after 3 passes.

Highly recommended for anyone looking for a great turnback badger for traveling.

Once mine dries out, I'll pop it in my travel bag, along with a TurnNshave synthetic that's already in there.

All in all a reasonable result however the soap was rubbish and the brush was an animal I normally avoid. The blade though, despite the let down of soap and brush was stunningly good.

The soap - let's just say a well known American brand that many rave about will not be used again. Lather didn't last and dried way too fast. I intentionally haven't named the soap as it is only my opinion.
The brush - a 24mm Badger that looks great, loads great and then - let's face it I'm a boar enthusiast. It is a bit like the old break up line "It isn't you, it's me". I have 3 excellent badger brushes but it is "me" I just don't like them. The lather they make and the feel on the face is not a pleasant part of my shave routine.

The highlight though, my 6/8" Invicta full hollow, so 1/3 ain't bad.

Finished with Macadamia nut/Lemon Myrtle so actually 2/4.

Apart from the short comings the shave has turned out smooth with no cuts or irritation.

Monday noon (Eastern European time):

Timeless 0.95mm dual comb Ti & Astra Superior Platinum
APShave Co. uBrush flat top 24mm
Saponificio Bignoli 'Violet', directly loading from the tub and face lather
Epsilon Blue Mediterranean
Room temperature water spray

RaCCoXr.jpg

Finally a uBrush with APShave Co.-style glue bump. Well, it's not a brush actually - it's a kind of toy with a 24mm dia. knot. Plenty of splay, minimal backbone (think of Plisson and even less than that); won't be everyone's cup of tea for sure. I personally like it because I don't enjoy shaving with badger or boar brushes these days, and also because I have willingly adjusted my lather generation technique so as to get good enough lather from it. But truth be told it's not a brush for every day of the week, and never forget - good enough is just good enough.

Oh, and the Timeless Ti: there's simply nothing like it out there for me.

5iE5qzZm.jpg

There you go @nav1 . Didn't want to put a large pic in of such vicious beasts, it might terrify the hearts of men. Meet Razor and Brush......... not really :)

Oh WOW, awesome!!

I'm hoping to get a puppy next year...most likely a German Shepard but my wife wants a pug...a beagle is another option but I've always wanted a big dog.

5iE5qzZm.jpg

There you go @nav1 . Didn't want to put a large pic in of such vicious beasts, it might terrify the hearts of men. Meet Razor and Brush......... not really :)

They SHOULD be razor and brush - could then be the official P&C mascots!

That's is the most spaniard I can be in termns of shaving (unless I end up with a straight made in Spain, which is something I do not discard at all xD)

Pre: Shower
machine: SSSeygus extreme 2016 oc
blade: Polsiver Stainless #4
brush: BSB2 Silvertip
soap: ByLuna L.E. Foroafeitado 2018
splash: Epsilon blue sample courtesy of @todras

cJGkxwg.jpg

I decided to go for facial lather and it was a mistake. It didn;t left me as comfortable as usual, so certainly I need to stop for a bit. The epsilong sting me a bit, even in areas where I didn't shave

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: M&F / Brad Forbes Finest Badger
Soap: Klar Kabinett
Razor: Merkur Futur (2)
Blade: Vintage NOS Personna Super Platinum Chrome (5)
Scent: APR Fougère Bourbon Rose

First use of the Klar Kabinett soap. Lovely stuff. I can see why this was the soap of choice for many professional Barbers in Europe. Easy to lather, a gentle and very pleasant rose scent, and very good performance, including a nice post-shave feel.
The vintage Personna blade continues to perform effortlessly - I am really impressed with its smoothness when shaving against the grain. Also impressive is the performance of the M&F brush. Finished off with one of my favourite fragrances, APR Fougère Bourbon Rose, which matched the soap scent nicely.

IMAG0196.jpg

SOTN 06/08/18
Brush: PAA Green Ray
Razor: Blackland Dart & Headblade Ghost
Blade: Personna L/Blue (5)
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine lathering bowl
Soap: APR Winterfall
Post: Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil + Australian Lemon & Tree Cream

My second shave with the Dart and it shaves really well despite the obvious blade feel. Gentle strokes with little pressure produced a near BBS in 2 passes. As for my head, I caved in and got a couple Headblades and they're well worth the hype - super smooth, quick and trouble free shaving but I'll still use a DE as I enjoy the challenge it gives and $$$ it makes greater sense :) Top marks again on the soap and post shave feel is really appreciated on the noggin. Have a great Tuesday gents! :sleep:

Razor: Gillette Sensor Excel System
Blade: OEM Sensor Excel Cartridge (1)
Brush: Muhle Synthetic Travel Brush
Soap/Cream: DR Harris Windsor shaving soap
Aftershave: Chatillon Lux Delor de Treget splash

My setup for the rest of the week, in Alice Springs from later today. I bought these OEM Excel carts in bulk and the first half of them were fine. Occasional dud but overall pretty good. The last couple of trays of them have been rubbish - today's as well. Ditched after one use.

I might have to chuck the rest after this trip if they don't improve and buy the originals. Life is too short to have a shave this bad ...

The saving grace is the Delor de Treget. An indulgence to bring but necessary for restoration after the shave!

Pre: Cold tap water
Razor: EJ DE89
Blade: Wilky classic (3, I think)
Brush: EJ28 Silvertip synthetic
Soap: Fine L'Orange
Post: Alum, Thayers witch hazel - cucumber, Somersets post shave face balm

Started this shave the same way and the face lather was looking the same as last time so I stopped and went to the bowl, lather turned out well very slick and comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.