Shave of the Day Thread - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brush: Vintage butterscotch distressed Culmak reknotted in TGN Finest
Soap/Cream:
Declaration Grooming / Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender shaving soap
Razor:
Vintage Gillette L 1 (1966) Slim Adjustable (7)
Blade: Vintage NOS Super Stainless (10)
Post-shave: Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender splash
Fragrance: Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender EDP

Seemed such an appropriately named product set to be using in Canberra at this time ...

IMAG0219.jpg

Brush: PA Atomic Rocket
Razor: Timeless Bronze SB
Blade: Perma Sharp (6)
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine lather bowl
Soap: Shaver Heaven's Hubba Hubba
Post: Thayers Lemon & Aloe Vera Witch Hazel + Playboy V.I.P aftershave

Hubba Bubba-licious! :woot: Have a great Thursday......

qSiW4wBl.jpg

Was in a rush today so did a 2 pass with touch up shave. Turned out fantasticly well with no issues at all and the lather was slick as hell! Swapped to the R4 plate to eat up some stubble fast (but not too fast with weepers or cuts!)

Thanks for your post. Actually a polite but straight e-mail last night pointing out that I would seek for legal advice if no't being reinstated before the end of the month has fixed it. I got a phone call early in the morning and a few hours afterwards I got last months of payrolls. :) Not sure if just they realized the situation or the legal stuff helped, but certainly my situation is not the rule here. I don't know anyone that has suffered all these unexpected and hard to explain delaying events, but now is over and I can keep focusing in my working stuff.

Great to hear, now how did the date night go now that you are all cashed up? ;)

Brush: Vintage butterscotch distressed Culmak reknotted in TGN Finest
Soap/Cream: Declaration Grooming / Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette L 1 (1966) Slim Adjustable (7)
Blade: Vintage NOS Super Stainless (10)
Post-shave: Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender splash
Fragrance: Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender EDP

Seemed such an appropriately named product set to be using in Canberra at this time ...

:LOL: if only the sagas would end.

5y5bpe.jpg

EJ DE89 w/ Polsilver (1)
RazoRock Plissoft
Proraso White Shaving Cream
Thayers Witch Hazel Toner Cucumber
TSW After Balm

Last nights shave, testing out a travel kit. The tube of Proraso was way bigger then expected.

First time using a cream. Lathered up so easy. I'm not sure on water amount though.

The brush and razor are my originals from last year. Man I do not feel the hold up. I just do not like the brush feel of the Plissoft. The razor felt so rough compared to the 6S! I could not believe it. And it is so light. I used to use this thing with a feather! I would get weepers every shave. I can't believe I didn't go back to the fusions lol.

5y5bpe.jpg

EJ DE89 w/ Polsilver (1)
RazoRock Plissoft
TSW After Balm

Last nights shave, testing out a travel kit. The tube of Proraso was way bigger then expected.

First time using a cream. Lathered up so easy. I'm not sure on water amount though.

The brush and razor are my originals from last year. Man I do not feel the hold up. I just do not like the brush feel of the Plissoft. The razor felt so rough compared to the 6S! I could not believe it. And it is so light. I used to use this thing with a feather! I would get weepers every shave. I can't believe I didn't go back to the fusions lol.

Have you tired a stick soap yet? Just rub or apply directly to your wet face. Haslinger or hard soaps are good for this too. My brother just cuts a shave soap block down to a preferred size and sticks it in plastic spice jar for transporting. Guess a snap lock bag would do too.

IBymoOGl.jpg

Pre: Pb Pre Shave Emulsion
Soap: Eufros Foroafteitado (sample)
Brush: Old Boar
Razor: Jowika 8254
Sorted my honing issues and had a very nice shave off the Jowika this morning. The Old Boar was my first shaving brush, no idea how old it is, and used to think it was a badger brush til I started collecting brushes and worked out what was going on.

1. Preshave: Cyril R Salter - Lavender
  2. Blade: Astra Superior Platinum
  3. Razor: Timeless OC, 0.68
  4. Soap: Stubble Trouble Up and Adam
  5. Brush: Sam and Son 30 mm silvertip
  6. Postshave: RazoRock Don Marco aftershave milk
  7. Earworm: Thou Shalt Always Kill - Dan Le Sac
A bit rushed this morning, and a pretty crappy 1 pass shave.

@Snooze what’s the Country Club Bay Rum like and have you experience other Bay Rum shaving soaps in your den, and where did you buy this soap from.
@SpeedyPC the Country Club Bay Rum is a traditional scent Bay Rum (no lime or fancy pants citrus) and is a tallow base. Lathers very well. I think Country Club is a mass produced US brand - I picked it up as a soap lot on a US forum. They make splashes and other soaps too. Not sure if they are still around though.
I like Bay Rum and have quite a few soaps and splashes, from Ogalalla, Clubman VIBR and Barberry Coast to P&B Bay Rum and of course APR twist on Bay Rum "Bay City". All winners (y)

4Z6SVjal.jpg

Pre: Warm water
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R4)
Blade: Perma-Sharp Super (4)
Brush: Razorock BC Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: APR Fenchurch

Very nice shave with the first use of the APR. Think I overloaded way too much at first but I dialled it in eventually, and felt like I could have kept adding water till the end of the month without the lather breaking down. I like the scent and I think it might grow on me even more over time. I only wish the containers were a bit wider to make loading easier, but a minor point overall.

Date: 23 August 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Maseto Extra Density 2 Band Finest Badger "Memphis" 26/55mm Knot
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ Lime | Lavender | Cedarwood
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6C 'R6' / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #1
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer
Fragrance:- Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male

I'm enjoying my Karve Christopher Bradley razor using the 'D' base plate which given me a HUGE WOW super smooth shave as a
LK91Bde.gif
, I've decided to have another crack with the Rockwell using R6 base plate because there's been a lot of feedback going on in many different shaving forums. The Rockwell R6 supposed to shave almost the same as the Karve 'D' base, that why I've decided to have another crack with the R6, besides it's far too early for me to give my complete thought and comparing between R6 vs D base plate.

5y5bpe.jpg

EJ DE89 w/ Polsilver (1)
RazoRock Plissoft
TSW After Balm

Mate,try Speick shave cream.
Great produvr and in75ml size tube for $8

svmPwCa.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower, Truefitt & Hill Shave Oil....
Razor: Karve 'D' plate....
Blade: Personna Red....
Brush: Turn-N-Shave 'Smoke On The Water'....
Soap: Wholly Kaw Project Leather....
Post: Thayers, Wholly Kaw Project Leather Aftershave & EDT....

First thoughts on the Karve using the 'D' plate - very efficient without any blade feel....

Very surprised at how close it shaved on first pass....
Nice weight to it and easy to dial the angle of attack....

Project Leather is just bloody delicious....

Pre: Warm water
Razor: Timeless , S/S 0.68 Scalloped base plate
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk1
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: APR Skye Fall
Another excellent shave with the Timeless.

pic hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.